Schulich School of Business 2020-2021 Admissions: Entry Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
Schulich School of Business is a business school located in Toronto that is known for offering admissions to its unparalleled degree courses in International Business. It is a renowned higher education institute of Canada with a very diverse student body with applicants coming from various countries and ethnic backgrounds. Around 60% of the faculty comes from abroad including 30 countries.
The MBA course of the institute is ranked at #1 by Forbes and CNN Expansion. 2 undergraduate and many graduate courses are offered by the school. Around 495 students are enrolled each year at the school. The admission is quite competitive because the seats are limited. The acceptance rate of the school is around 25-30%.
Some salient points regarding admissions at Schulich School of Business as listed below.
- Bachelor’s as well as master’s degree programs are offered by the school.
- Applications have to be submitted through Ontario Universities’ Application Centre.
- Admission is based on academic performance and supplementary application.
- The application fee for graduate applications is CAD 150.
- International students will be required to submit their IELTS or TOEFL scores to prove their proficiency in English language.
- International applicants will be required to get a study permit to enter Canada.
- The admission is based on the academic records and the supplementary application.
- Minimum GMAT scores are expected to be 660.
- Work experience is not required for every student but strong internships and prior work experience is recommended.
- Graduate applicants are required to submit two essays and two videos to demonstrate how the candidate stands out.
Schulich School of Business Highlights
|Application Portal||Online portal|
|Application Fee (Non- Refundable)||Graduate Application Fee: CAD 150|
|Mode of Payment||Credit Card|
|Year of Establishment||1966|
|Average Number of Students Enrolled each year||495|
|Academic Calendar||Semester- based|
|Intake Sessions||Fall- September|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships/ Loans/ Grants/ Work- study|
|Work Experience||Required for some courses|
Schulich School of Business Application Deadlines
Schulich School of Business Programs at undergraduate and graduate level. The deadlines for undergraduate students for Fall semester are tabulated below:
|OUAC Application Deadline for Ontario and Non- Ontario deadline||January 15, 2020|
|Supplementary Application Deadline for Ontario and Non- Ontario deadline||February 5, 2020|
|Supplementary Application Deadline for York Delayed-Entry Applicants||March 11, 2020|
Schulich School of Business International Student Admissions
International applicants have to fulfil some additional requirements along with the requirements which are usually the same as the general requirements for the applicants belonging to Canada.
- The School has very selective admission for its undergraduate and graduate courses.
- It only selects 400 students for admission out of 4500-5000 applicants each year.
- Students looking for opportunities in this school needs to have very high percent or credits along with good GPA.
- Applicants looking to enter this school have to be very competitive as the seats are very limited.
Application Fee: Graduate Applications: CAD 150
Admission Requirements for International Students
- Official transcripts of all the previously attended educational institutions.
- High school transcript or bachelor’s degree.
- Students will be required to prove their proficiency in English language like IELTS or TOEFL.
- Financial statement
- Copy of passport.
- There are some departmental requirements also.
The mailing address for graduate application material is given below:
Graduate Recruitment & Admissions, Room W263
Seymour Schulich Building
Schulich School of Business – York University
111 Ian Macdonald Blvd, Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M3J 1P3
English Proficiency Test Scores
All the applicants coming from international countries which do not have English as the official language or have not studied a two year course at a university which has English as the medium of i
nstruction have to prove their proficiency in English by submitting their IELTS or TOEFL or any other scores. The minimum requirements differ for each score.
Visa Process for International Students
- The selected applicants will be given an Offer of Acceptance from Schulich School of Business. The candidates who are not natiev of the country will require a Canadian student visa to study at the institute
- The next step after being granted admission to Schulich School of Business is to apply for a student permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Documents required to apply for the student permit:
- Acceptance letter from the Schulich School of Business.
- Immigration letter.
- Proof of financial support or bank statement.
Schulich School Of Business Undergraduate Admissions
Schulich School of Business offers 2 bachelor’s degrees. The 2 bachelor’s courses are Bachelor of Business Administration and International Bachelor of Business Administration. Most courses have specific application requirements. The basic admission requirements similar for most of the courses are given below.
Where to Apply: Ontario Universities’ Application Centre
Admission Requirements: Applicants have to submit the following documents along with the online application:
- Secondary school qualifications or High school diploma
- Official transcripts
- International students will have to prove English language proficiency by submitting their scores of English Language Proficiency Tests.
- Specific courses have extra requirements which might include interviews etc.
Schulich School Of Business Graduate Admissions
Schulich School of Business offers many graduate courses for international candidates seeking to study in Canada. Some of the courses are Master of Marketing, Master of Management, Executive MBA, Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence, Master of Supply Chain Management, Master of Business Administration, Master of Finance, International Master of Business Administration, Master of Accounting etc.
- Start the application process by creating your online profile at the admission portal.
- The application fee is 150CAD. It is non-refundable.
- You will receive an email which has a further link to the application portal, save it for future reference
- Submit your GMAT, GRE scores, TOEFL/IELTS scores, along with other supplementary application.
- Along with this, an updated CV, and written essays are also required.
- Students can enroll only in one course at a given time.
- The application process review takes 4-6 weeks.
- Once the review process is complete, students are informed.
- For any query related to admission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All courses have specific admission requirements. The requirements for some of the famous courses are tabulated below:
|Requirements||Master of Marketing||Master of Management||International Master of Business Administration||Master of Business Administration||Master of Business Analytics|
|Application Fee (Non- Refundable||CAD 150||CAD 150||CAD 150||CAD 150||CAD 150|
|GRE or GMAT||Not Required||Not Required||Required||Required||Required|
|Work experience||Not required||Not Required||Required||Required||Recommender|
|Recommendations||Required (2 letters- 1 from professor)||Required (2 letters- 1 from professor)||Required (2 letters)||Required (2 letters)||Required (2 letters)|
The applications will be reviewed after the deadline of every round. It will take about 4-6 weeks to get any notification about the selection. The candidates who have not submitted the GRE/ GMAT scores should submit within 4 weeks of the application deadline of the round they have applied.
Along with academics, the Schulich School is looking for all-rounder students. Students who can demonstrate leadership qualities, integrity, resourcefulness, resilience, and understanding of collaboration.
They have a very holistic approach while reviewing the application, as the seats are limited. So just meeting the minimum requirements may not confirm. The applicants have to exceed the minimum requirements to secure admission.
The Schulich School of Business has a diverse student base. It offers admission on the basis of various criteria like previous academic records, supplementary application material, essays, standardized test scores, resume, work experience etc. The prospective applicants are advised to apply at the earliest and they should submit all the required application material before the deadlines.
Schulich School of Business Cost of Attendance
|Tuition and fee||10,000-20,000|
|Health Insurance UHIP (International students only)||210|
|GSA Health Plan||160|
|Cost per term||8,700|
The fee structure for any program and course is subjected to change. Every student admitting to Schulich School of Business is a recipient for York University Automatic scholarship and Schulich School of Business scholarships and awards.
Schulich School of Business FAQs
Ques. Can I apply to 2 courses together at Schulich School of Business?
Ans. No, You can only apply to one program at a time at Schulich School of Business.
Ques. What are the enrolment sessions at Schulich School of Business?
Ans. Students are enrolled once a year in September at Schulich School of Business.
Ques. What is the application fee for graduate applications at Schulich School of Business?
Ans. The application fee for graduate applications at Schulich School of Business is CAD 150.
Ques. How can I apply to undergraduate courses at Schulich School of Business?
Ans. The applicants of Schulich School of Business will be required to apply through Ontario Universities’ Application Centre.
Ques. Is language proficiency scores a necessary pre- requisite at Schulich School of Business?
Ans. Yes, international applicants will be required to submit their English language proficiency scores to Schulich School of Business with a minimum score of 7.0 on IELTS and 100 on TOEFL- iBT.
Ques. What type of courses are offered by Schulich School of Business?
Ans. Schulich School of Business offers undergraduate, graduate as well as post- graduate courses.