Peter B. Gustavson Business School of University of Victoria is a business school in Victoria, British Columbia that offers admissions to some specialized fields like areas of Entrepreneurship, International Business, and Service Management. Regarded as one of the higher education institutes of Canada, the organization provides a B.Com program at the bachelor’s level, 3 programs at the masters level including an MBA and one doctoral level program in addition to several executive education courses.
The institute has a very comprehensive approach towards admissions where 60% of the weightage is held by GPA and the remaining 40% consists of the student's personal profile comprising resume, work experience, statement of purpose etc. While meeting the GPA requirements does not guarantee admission to the business school, an impressive score of 80% and above or equivalent in Class 12th is a good enough score for enrollment at the institute.
Some salient points regarding admissions at Peter B. Gustavson School of Business is listed below.
|Application Portal||UVic Application|
|Application Fee||CAD 132 for UG program and CAD 162 for PG programs|
|Mode of payment||Credit card, Debit card|
|Academic Calendar||Semester based|
|GRE scores||Not required|
|GMAT scores||Requirement varies|
|Interview||Required for MBA program|
|Contact email@example.com 250 472 4728|
The institute provides a variety of diverse courses for international students. Applicants need to adhere to the application deadlines set by the University of Victoria as late applications are not entertained by the institution. Applicants are also required to check their application status.
The application deadlines for the undergraduate program at Peter B. Gustavson Business School is given as follows:
|Application Deadline||January 31|
|Supplemental Application Deadline||February 28|
The application deadlines for the graduate programs offered at Peter B. Gustavson Business School are given as follows:
|MBA||June 30, 2020|
|Master of Global Business||April 30 (September entry) August 31 (January entry)|
|Master of Management||Not decided|
It accepts international students given they meet the set deadlines, submit the appropriate documents and fulfill all the requirements.
In order to become an international student at Peter B. Gustavson Business School, applicants must follow the requirements given below:
Application Portal- Applicants are required to fill theUVic Application form
Application fee- CAD 132 for UG program and CAD 162 for PG programs
Basic Admission requirements- In order to be eligible for Peter B. Gustavson Business School Admissions, international applicants must submit the following documents:
English Language Proficiency tests
|ELP test||Minimum score|
|TOEFL (iBT)||Overall 90 with no section score less than 20|
|CAEL||Overall 70 with no section score less than 60|
|IELTS Academic||Overall 6.5 with no component less than 6.0|
|TOEFL (iBT)||Overall 90, Listening, speaking, reading, writing- 20|
|IELTS Academic||Overall 6.5 with no component less than 6.0|
Other tests may be considered if it is a valid test score similar to TOEFL level.
Tests taken more than 2 years before the application are not valid. Note that students who fail to fulfil the English Language Proficiency requirements may be given conditional admission wherein the student is permitted to register for degree courses but must fulfil the ELP requirements within the time period specified in the offer letter or ELC preliminary admission wherein the student has 24 months to fulfil the ELP requirements and then begin studies without reapplying.
International Students accepted at Peter B. Gustavson Business School is required to apply for a study permit and a Canadian Student Visa.
Study Permit will be approved within a period of 20 calendar days if applied via the Study Direct Stream and 60 days if applied via the regular pathway. The student will be issued an eTA or visitor visa along with it.
The school only offers one undergraduate program- Bachelor of Commerce. The admission requirements of the program are given as follows:
Where to apply- Applicants are required to complete the online UVic Application and then submit theBCom Supplemental Application
Application fee- CAD 132 non-refundable
Admission requirements: Applicants are required to fulfill the following requirements and submit the following documents for becoming eligible for Peter B. Gustavson Business School Admissions:
Peter B. Gustavson Business School offers 3 programs at the master’s level- MBA, Master of Management and Master of Global Business for applicants across the globe seeking to study in Canada. Applicants willing to pursue Graduate programs from the Peter B. Gustavson Business School are required to follow the requirements given below:
Admission requirements: Applicants are required to submit the following documents for Peter B. Gustavson Business School Admissions:
Specific requirements for the programs are given below:
|Requirements||MBA||Master of Management||Master of Global Business|
|Work Experience||2 years full-time required||2 years full-time required||Preferred but not required|
|GMAT/GRE||GRE preferred, Minimum GMAT score required-550||Not required||Not required|
|References||Minimum 2 required||Minimum 2 required||Minimum 3 required|
|Personal Submissions||2 required||Not required||2 required|
All the aspirants must note that grades at the institute are given a 60% weightage while reviewing the application and supplemental application is given the remaining 40% weightage in granting of admissions. The Application Deadline for the B.Com program is January 31 while the deadlines for graduate programs vary.
Online Applications can be made through the University of Victoria’s Admissions portal. The applicant receives an introductory email one week after the submission of the application after which he is required to check his application status.
Preference is not given to the early applicants, however, applicants are suggested to apply by January.
Application decisions are usually communicated by April 15. UG Applicants who do not receive the acceptance mail can send their queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.