Lazaridis School of Business & Economics Campus, Programs & Scholarships
The Lazaridis School of Business and Economics belongs to the Wilfred Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The institute houses the business and management faculty of the university. It offers Undergraduate, Graduate and Diploma programs.
Key features at a glance
- Has tie-ups for professional designations like - Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP).
- The Co-op degree offered by the institute is largest in the country.
- It is home to the Schlegel Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Offers education for budding entrepreneurs with LaunchPad Program.
- 97% placement rate for graduates of Business Administration and Economics departments.
|No. of students||6,000|
|Tuition Fee (domestic)||CAD 6,536 – CAD 9,150|
|Tuition Fee (international)||CAD 22,956 – CAD 26,172|
|Score Accepted||GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS|
Explore the campus of Lazaridis School of Business and Economics
Lazaridis School of Business and Economics offers its courses from the Waterloo and Brantford campus of the Wilfred Laurier University. It also offers few courses from its office at Toronto and Kitchener.
- Located in the tech hub of the city.
- Offers LaunchPad program for budding entrepreneurs.
- Offers 6 undergraduate and 3 postgraduate courses along with 3 research-based graduate programs.
- Graduates have the opportunity to get employed in full-time jobs or voluntary works or launching a startup.
- The Wilfred Laurier University offers residential facilities at this campus.
- Located in downtown Brantford.
- Various nearby places can be visited for recreation.
- Offers one undergraduate management program
- Located in the financial district.
- Offers two part-time management courses for graduate students.
- Waterloo and Brantford campus offer housing facilities for the students.
- 15 buildings are present in the Waterloo Campus with dormitory style and apartment style rooms.
- 6 apartment-style residences are present in the Brantford Campus.
- Apartment-style residences have kitchens.
- Students can apply for housing facilities via online application and pay an application fee of CAD 600.
Various programs offered at Lazaridis School of Business and Economics
- Offers full time and part time courses.
- Offers undergraduate, graduate, diploma and research-based programs in business, economics and management.
- Offers double degree courses or co-op programs.
- Offers professional development programs.
|Areas of Study||Credentials|
|Business Technology Management||Postgraduate Degree|
|Operation and Decision Sciences (ODS)||Doctoral Degree|
|Organizational Behaviour/Human Resource Management (OB/HRM)|
- Available for future Entrepreneurs.
- Provides support, membership and resources for startup.
Pre-MBA Program for Non-English speaking students
- Should have four years undergraduate degree and work experience along with IELTS/TOEFL Score.
- Involves English and Business preparatory courses.
- Offers GMAT preparatory course.
- Duration of course – 8 months.
- Course Fee – CAD 17,400.
All you need to know about the Application Process
All courses have separate admission requirements.
- International Baccalaureate or IB Diploma will be required for foreign students, with at least three bonus points and should have a minimum score as specified in respective programs.
- International students have to complete senior secondary school or equivalent to be eligible for undergraduate courses.
- For Masters Courses, students should have four years Bachelor Degree or equivalent with at least a second class or B standing or equivalent.
- For Doctoral courses, students should have a Master Degree or equivalent with an A-average.
- Foreign students have to meet English Proficiency requirements –
- Should pass IELTS/TOEFL/MELAB/CAEL/CAE/Pearson Test of English.
- Candidates who have already studied for atleast three years in any English instructional educational system do not have to submit test scores.
- International students can also opt for English as a Second Language (ESL) program and Laurier English and Academic Foundation (LEAF) Program.
- Documents required –
- Official transcripts in English issued by previous or current institutions with seal or stamp.
- Proof of English proficiency.
- Details of previously taken post-secondary courses.
- Foreign students should also apply for study permits before the start of their programs, once their applications are acknowledged by the university.
- Foreign students with sponsorship funding, have to attach sponsorship letter with application.
How, when and where to apply?
- Students have to apply online for all the courses.
- For undergraduate courses, students should apply to - https://www.ouac.on.ca/
- For undergraduates, Form 101 should be filled by Ontario students, Form 105 is for all applicants and Form 105F is for international applicants
- For graduate studies, applicants have to apply to -www.ouac.on.ca/apply/wlugrad/en_CA/user/login.
- Applicants have to pay a non-refundable application fee during online application.
- All documents and transcripts have to be submitted online in PDF format during application for graduate studies.
- For Undergraduate their transcripts have to be directly to the Laurier’s International Recruitment and Admissions office, by the issuing institutes.
|Fall||May 1||January 15|
|Winter||Late October||May 15|
|Spring||Will be notified during Fall Admission||November 15|
What it costs to study in Lazaridis School of Business an Economics
For Domestic Applicants
|Tuition Fee||CAD 6,536 – CAD 9,150|
|Incidental Fee||CAD 1,330 – CAD 1,444|
|Residence||CAD 4,941 – CAD 7,955|
|Meal Plans||CAD 800 – CAD 2,080|
|Total cost (Estimated)*||CAD 20,341 – CAD 28,487|
*Includes Books, clothing, Groceries, Parking Fees and other costs of living.
For International Applicants
|Tuition Fee (full time)||CAD 22,956 – CAD 26,172|
|Residence||CAD 4,941 – CAD 7,955|
|Incidental Fees||CAD 1,314 – CAD 1,444|
|Meal Plans||CAD 800 – CAD 1,200 (Brantford)/ CAD 2,080 – CAD 5,400 (Waterloo)|
|Estimated Total*||CAD 32,853 – CAD 42,533|
*Including Books and Health Insurances.
Scholarships and Financial Aids to help the students fund their education
- Available for Canadian citizens only.
- Students have to enrolled full time.
- Candidates have to apply online.
- Mentionable Bursary Programs –
- Laurier Tuition Bursary Program
- Donor Supported Bursary Program
- Entrance Bursaries are based on financial needs. Maximum Value – CAD 2,000.
- Awarded based on academic excellence and percentage of marks.
- Available for all first-year undergraduate students enrolled in full time courses.
- No application is needed.
- Value for business and economics scholarships – CAD 1000 – CAD 5000.
Presidents Gold Scholarship
- For students with average 95% or higher.
- Renewable if students get annual GPA 10.5 or more.
- Value – CAD 5,000
- Presented based on GPA.
- Value – CAD 500 – CAD 1,500
- Minimum GPA required – 10.5
When and where to apply?
- For Bursaries and Scholarships, students need to apply online to -
- Deadlines –
- UG students in the first year – Mid July
- All students – Mid September
- Students with General Profile – Mid October.
Work While You Study
On-campus and part-time employment opportunities for both domestic and international students are provided by Wilfred Laurier University.
- International Student Work Experience Program (ISWEP) is available for undergraduate foreign students who need financial help.
- It offers part time employment opportunities to eligible candidates.
- Eligibility is decided by the Career Development Centre.
- All students should have valid study permit and SIN.
- Students should be enrolled in full time courses at Waterloo or Brantford campus to be eligible.
- Permitted hours of work – maximum 50 hours per term.
- Wage – CAD 14/ CAD 15 per hour.
- Laurier Work Study Program (LWSP) is available for domestic students.
- LWSP offer 5-10 hours of work per week.
- Hourly rate is CAD 15/hour.
Perks of being a Lazaridis Alumnus
- Lazaridis School of Business and Economics has 29,241 alumni.
- Wilfred Laurier University Alumni Network offers Alumni Card to members.
- Alumni card benefits –
- 15% off at book store.
- Access to student pubs, nightclubs, bars and restaurants.
- Summer accommodation at the university.
- Access to Laurier Library.
- Discount at Laurier athletics complex.
- Other benefits –
- Offers Bank of Montreal or BMO MasterCard.
- Offers life insurance for members and family.
- Disability insurance, accident insurance, health and dental insurance for members and their family.
- Provides career development programs and professional development courses at the university.
- Discounts on car rentals.
- Free space for business at Toronto Office.
- License plates.
- Discounts on tickets to Ontario Science Center.
- 50% off on Stratford Festival Productions.
- 25% off on Toronto FC matches’ tickets.
- WLU online Certificates.