Lazaridis School of Business & Economics 2020-2021 Admissions: Entry Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
Lazaridis School of Business and Economics is a school at Wilfrid Laurier University and has around 6,000 students enrolled. The School of Business and Economics has been established since 1966. The Lazaridis School offers services on Laurier's campuses in Waterloo and Brantford, as well as Toronto and Kitchener branches. The job placement rate for Business Administration and Economics graduates is 97%. The school has 158 full-time and 60 part-time faculties.
- Lazaridis School of Business and Economics invites applications for fall, winter and spring sessions.
- Undergraduate and graduate applicants have to apply through the OUAC application portal
- The university accepts both TOEFL and IELTS scores as proof of English proficiency.
- International applicants must complete their visa process in time.
- Applicants must keep track of their application status.
|Application platform for international applicants||OUAC Application|
|Application Fees||95 USD|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Grants|
|Intake seasons||Fall and Spring|
Lazaridis School of Business & Economics Admission Deadlines
General application deadlines for Lazaridis School of Business & Economics programs are mentioned in the below table:
|Fall (Ontario Applicants)||January 15 (Ontario applicants)
April 1 (Other Applicants)
Lazaridis School of Business & Economics International Admissions
Lazaridis School of Business & Economics offers more than 80 undergraduate programs.
Admission Requirements for International Students
- Pick a program and apply online to the college
- Log-in to Laurier's Online Registration and Information System (LORIS)
- Submit all the documents listed on the LORIS account
- Submit an ABS (Applicant’s Background Form).
The college will confirm the admission and send an email. Applicants must accept the offer and revert.
Along with the above-mentioned documents, the applicants must have any of these:
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC)
- Senior Secondary Certificate
- Pre-University Certificate
- Pre-Degree Certificate
- All India and Delhi Senior School Certificate
- Indian School Certificate Examination.
English Proficiency Requirements for International Students
International students submit one of the following test scores as proof of English proficiency:
|Test||Minimum Score Requirement|
|IELTS||6.5(6.0 in each band)|
|CAEL||70 (60 in each band)|
Visa Process for International Students
All international exchange students, studying in Canada, must have a valid study permit, except where the length of the study program is six months or less. Foreign full-time students holding a valid study permit can take part-time work on-campus.
Students who wish to study in Canada require obtaining a Study permit. The eligibility requirements for the same are:
- Letter of acceptance from a Canadian educational institute with a valid DLI number.
- Proof of financial support and payment of fees.
- Valid proof of identity for every single person accompanying the family, including recent passport size photos, their name and date of birth (if any).
- Medical fitness proof (if required).
- Passport and its copies.
- Application to the Embassy along with the visa fees.
Lazaridis School of Business & Economics Undergraduate Admissions
Lazaridis School of Business & Economics offers more than 100-degree programs, along with thousands of options and minors. The courses are delivered in Waterloo, Brantford, Milton, Kitchener, and Toronto and online across 5 campuses and locations.
Where to Apply: OUAC Application
Application Fee: 95 USD
- Official high school transcripts
- 4U English at a minimum of 60%
- 60% in the required program
Admission Requirements for India:
- Minimum admission range of high 80-89.9%.
- Competitive admission range of low 90s
- Advanced Functions at 70-73%.
- English at 70-73%
- One of Calculus & Vectors or Data Management at 59-60%
- All prerequisite courses calculated in admissions average
Lazaridis School of Business & Economics Graduate Admissions
The applicants must fulfill the below-mentioned requirements for entry and English language requirements as needed by the programs. Normally, the entry requirements and course-specific requirements are similar, though one must check before applying.
Where to Apply: OUAC Application
Application Fee: 95 USD
- Official transcripts of previously attended institutes
- GMAT score
Admission requirements for graduate-level programs are as follows:
|Master of Business Administration||Application Summary; Statement of Intent; Resumé of Academic and Work Experience; Three academic references or two academic and one professional reference; GMAT score of 550|
|Master of Finance||4-year honors undergraduate degree in economics, business or a related field; Minimum B+ average in the full-time study; One academic and one professional reference letter.|
|Master of Science in Management||Application Summary; Statement of intent; GMAT score; Résumé; Two academic reference letters|
|Master of Arts in Business Economics||Application Summary; Statement of intent; GMAT score; Résumé; Two academic reference letters|
|Executive Master's in Technology Management||4-year honors undergraduate degree; Experience as a senior-level manager, director or executive in a technology-focused company; Application Summary; Statement of intent; GMAT score; Résumé; Two academic reference letters; Sample of scholarly writing|
To acquire more information, applicants may visit the official website www.wlu.ca or contact the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org for undergraduate and email@example.com for graduate admissions.