Bachelor of Science in Nursing [B.S.N]
International Student Tution
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Langara college is offered a 4-year Full-time program and prepares candidates to understand complex modern healthcare systems.
- This course contains 135 credits and nine consecutive semesters.
- In this year, 524 students are enrolled in the Nursing program and this enrollment varies every year.
- Students can apply for this program in two sessions Fall and Spring.
- The Employment rate of Langara College is 95%.
- The Faculty of Nursing has received a seven-year recognition from the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals.
- The Faculty of Nursing also offers a Post-Degree Diploma in Nursing Practice for Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs).
- Nursing Simulation Centre provides clinical experiences to the students to become health professionals.
- Students may have job opportunities in medicine, surgery, orthopedics, burns, trauma, intensive care, and coronary care.
- Students may increase employment opportunities with further education and work experience and get careers in education, advanced practice, research, administration, public health policy.
- The average salary for BSc Nursing in Canada maybe starts from 106,500 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 64216 for 4 yearsor 135 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Jan 31)|
|Admission Intake||spring (Deadline - May 31)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students need a minimum GPA of 2.33 or an average of 3.6 in courses with no grade lower than 65%.
- Students will require high school transcripts or must be 19 years old by the first day of the first semester of attendance.
- Students required Basic math skills and the ability to work with decimals, fractions, and ratios are essential.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- Indian Students required Certificates and Marksheets of class 10th and 12th with a minimum of 50% in all compulsory and elective courses.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- Official Transcripts: Students have to submit Official post-secondary transcripts that show completion of at least one full academic year or a minimum of 24 university-level credits, from a recognized university or college.
- ELP Scores: Students need to submit proof of English language proficiency (official test scores or transcripts) from the testing authority or school.
- Student Visa: It is important for students that they must give the International Education Department a copy of their valid Student Visa, a copy of their passport, and proof of medical insurance.
|fall||Jan 31, 2021|
|spring||May 31, 2021|
Apply a minimum of four months prior to the intake date.
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Years||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Books and Supplies||$1125||$1125||$1125||$1125|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
|Jared J. Davis Grant||$ 1000||Yes||N/A|
|Microsoft Tuition Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$ 1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- Students will need to apply for a valid Student Visabefore entering Canada.
- Before applying for a Student Visa at a Canadian visa office, they must have a letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- A Student Visa is needed only if the program is of more than 6 months for international students.
- A Student Visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The cost of the Student Visa is 112 USD.
- Student Visas are issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and application forms are available online or by paper.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Valid Passport
- Two passport-size photos with name and date of birth written on the back
- Letter of Acceptance(LOA)
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Students can work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the regular academic year and full-time during scheduled breaks.
- If their program does not have scheduled breaks, they will be limited to working 20 hours per week.
- An immigration officer may apply conditions on the type of work students may perform.
- For example, they must pass an immigration medical examination before they begin work in health care, child care, or primary or secondary education.
Career and Placement after Course
- The average salary for BSc Nursing in Canada is estimated to be 142,000 CAD per annum.
- Nursing jobs in Canada's salary start from 104,000 CAD and can go up as high as 201,000 CAD.
- The advantages of studying BSc Nursing from Canada are many including increasing job opportunities, globally recognized degree and easy PR routes. That's why more international students are attracted to the bachelors in nursing programs in Canada.