St. Francis Xavier University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
St. Francis Xavier University is located in Nova Scotia, Canada. The University was founded back in 1853, it is one of the most prestigious and oldest universities located in Canada. It is a public university providing liberal arts programs to undergraduates. The university campus has a rural type setting. The university has a total of 1,170 students employed and the average number of students per class is 34.
|Type of University||Public|
|Year of Establishment||1853|
- StFX ranks No.1 as per Maclean’s in universities in Canada.
- In the list of Helping students think critically StFX ranks #1 as per Maclean’s report.
- It is the 3rd most recognizable ring in the world.
St. Francis Xavier University Campus
StFX has the most beautiful campus.
- The campus has various recreation activities such as a six-lane swimming pool, Gym and dance studio.
- There are various athletics and recreation centres, health and awareness, more than 100 art and culture societies for students to be part of.
- There are 5 dining options for students to have healthy food meals.
Residence Facilities at St. Francis Xavier University
The university has an on campus residence facility for its students.
- The residences are apartment style, single and double sharing residence rooms.
- All the rooms are furnished, with bed, table, study desk, shared washrooms, common space for television, kitchen, study lounge area.
- The residence campus has cable television, full Wi-Fi access, has a laundry room and has a food meal facility for the on campus residence.
Programs offered at St. Francis Xavier University
St. Francis Xavier University offers programs for undergraduate as well as graduate courses to students from all over the world.
The various faculties are:
- Faculty of arts
- Faculty of science
- Faculty of education
- Gerald Schwartz school of Business
- Brian Mulroney Institute of Government
- Frank Mckenna Centre for Leadership
Courses are offered in fields like Anthropology, Arts, Education, Catholic Studies, Celtic Studies, Biology, development Studies, etc.
The university also offers continuing and distance education through part- time or online courses. some of the courses offered are Master of Education, Certificate in Outdoor Education etc.
International students who want to seek admissions at St. Francis Xavier University is mentioned-below:
- The applicants have to apply through the online university application.
- The application fee for undergraduate applicants is C $ 40
- The applications are released on September 16, 2019 and the deadline for international applicants is May 30, 2020.
- The transcripts of previous institutions are required to be submitted.
- High school diploma or class 12 or any equivalent is necessary for admission in undergraduate courses.
- International applicants will have to prove their proficiency in English. The minimum required scores are tabulated below:
|Test||Minimum required score|
Cost of Attendance
The estimated cost of attendance for undergraduate students are tabulated below:
|Application fee||$ 40|
|Late payment fee||$ 50|
|Confirmation payment for B.Ed. students||$ 300|
|Confirmation payment for New students||$ 100|
|Transcript of record||$ 10|
|NSF cheque fee||$ 20|
|Letter of permission||$ 20|
Scholarships & Financial Aid
The university offers more than C $ 4 million to students as financial aid and scholarships for international students to afford study in Canada .
- Students with 85% of admission average are offered with a minimum of C $ 5000 as Entrance scholarships. The amount is given over a period of 4 years.
- Students are also offered with an opportunity to work on campus in order to finance their education. Around 30% of the students are employed annually.
- In order to apply for scholarships, students will have to complete an online application and provide their previous transcripts. The eligibility is decided on the basis of marks in Grade 12.
- The university has an alumni association and it felicitates the alumni with various recognitions and awards regularly.
- Various benefits are offered to the alumni. It includes high quality products and exceptional services.
- The university also sends gifts to the alumni in case of any celebratory event in the life of alumni.
- Some of the notable alumni are:
- John Allan Cameron- Celtic musician
- Father Moses Coady- Leader of Antigonish Movement
- Charles V. Keating- Businessman
- Amanda Lindhout- Author and Journalist
- Alistair MacLeod- Writer
87% of the graduates get employed within 6 months of completing their graduation.
- The career centre of the university conducts various events and workshops for the students.
- Mock interviews are conducted in order to train the students to face a real interview.
- The career centre also conducts various Career Connection events and career fairs where the students get a chance to get in touch with employers.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Academy Ranking of World Universities
RANKED #151 - #200
Computer Science and Engineering(International)
As I completed my higher studies I came to know about this college and I really had a knack of studying in abroad so I decided to pursue my diploma in this college so gradually I applied into this and eventually got a chance so I studied
Course Curriculum :
This course had some real advantages as you can create apps websites webpages after learning this course.
I was attracted to this university because of it's reputation. It is one of the finest undergraduate universities in the country and provides an exceptional academic experience. Also, they’ve consistently been ranked as the best UG university in the country. With my GPA of 8.7, I had to submit an online application form worth $40.
Course Curriculum :
The Physics degree opens many doors, we go on to become successful research scientists at universities and companies worldwide. They also have a high rate of acceptance into medical and law schools and are superbly trained for a career in education, where science and math teachers are in high demand.
I was keen to obtain the experience of excitement of receiving the iconic X-Ring upon graduation - a renowned symbol of scholarship and connection to a wider, worldwide community. My GPA was 7. I had to submit a common application form. I was keen to get admitted here.
Course Curriculum :
Mathematics is the science of structure, order, and relation. It deals with logical quantitative reasoning. Statistics is the science and art of data collection and analysis. It deals with estimation, hypothesis testing, and decision making. At StFX, I could undertake studies that focus on either or both fields.
I got to know about Gerald Schwartz School of Business from an online consultancy, who highly recommended me to opt for my BBA in this college over other colleges. I had applied at the University by filling out an online application form with an application fee of $40. I had also applied to 8 other Canadian colleges but this one was my first choice. I scored 89% in my grade 12 which helped me get through the admission process.
Course Curriculum :
The best part of my learning experiences comes from the smaller classes anchored by hands-on learning. They combine the acquisition of conceptual knowledge with applied and experiential learning approaches that include work terms, projects, presentations, simulations, field trips, class discussions, case analyses, lectures, readings, films, guest speakers, service learning, and much more which makes it more fun and interesting. Some subjects included in the curriculum are Accountancy, Finance, Marketing, economics, and many other subjects which gave me the knowledge, skills, and attitude.
Stfx is close to my home. I didn't want to be too far but I'm also far enough to get a sense of independence. The X ring was also a bit part of the reason that I chose the school and I'm looking forward to joining the alumni's.
Course Curriculum :
Could be more options but there's still a good variety for such a small town. Not too hard and you get what you give, in the end, so it's important to do your work. Options for everyone and every style of learning.
- Book Store
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary