Northern College of Applied Arts & Technology: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Northern College of Applied Arts and Technology is a public institution founded in 1967 stretched over an area of 150,200 square kilometres in Canada. The college offers over 75 full-time, part-time, certificate, diploma, web based, correspondence and apprenticeship programs. It provides postsecondary and career-entrance preparation programs to provide better opportunities to 10,000+ students, making it a popular place to study in Canada.
Nearly 2% of the students studying in Northern College are International students. The main aim of Northern College is to provide the students with various skills in areas like healthcare, business, social & economic development, human services and technology. Due to Covid-19, May 2020 new intakes in Northern College have been cancelled. Students who have paid for May 2020 will be deferred to Fall semester 2020.
Northern College Ranking
Northern College is ranked:
- 9210 in all the Universities around the World by QS Global World Ranking
- 143 in National ranking by Webometrics
- 2411 in Continental ranking by Webometrics
|Number of programs||75|
|Annual Budget||45 Million CAD|
|Cost of attendance||Varies with different programs|
|Campus housing capacity||Haileybury Campus (64)|
|Student graduation rate||66%|
Northern College Campus
- The university has four campuses in different locations of Ontario: Timmins Campus, Moosonee Campus, Kirkland Lake Campus and Haileybury Campus.
- Kirkland Lake Campus was the first in North America to become an authorized training body for the International Institute of Welding (IIW).
- Haileybury Campus is famous among the students for the study of the modern Veterinary Sciences Centre.
- Haileybury Campus is located next to the scenic Rock Walk Park and is capable of providing privately owned and operated residence.
- Timmins exhibits urban and rural residence along with first-rate museums and the Timmins Symphony Orchestra.
- Moosonee Campus provides high-skills training in technology, trades and apprenticeship programs to James Bay coastal communities.
Northern College Residence
- Northern College has two residences: Timmins Campus Residence and Haileybury Campus Residence.
- Haileybury Campus comprises of 16 apartments; each with four bedrooms, two bathrooms and other amenities available.
- Timmins Campus Residence has a large, bright common kitchen with five cooking stations, laundry facilities, lounges with cable television and a games room.
- Capacity of Timmins Campus Residence is 103 single rooms, 12 suites and 4 double rooms.
- Within the residence, the Campus Manager is responsible for the administration of the Residence Committee.
- Students must leave the residence after 24 hours of their last exam, test or class.
Northern College Programs
- Northern College provides degree and certificate programs as well as distance learning programs, online courses and certificate programs.
- Northern College allows programs in different disciplines including Emergency Services, Engineering Trades & Technology, Welding engineering technology, Community services and Health Sciences.
- College offers different programs including:
- Northern College Certificate – 16
- Ontario College Certificate – 16
- Ontario College Diploma – 36
- Ontario College Advanced Diploma – 10
- Ontario College Graduate Certificate – 3
- Apprenticeship – 10
- Collaborative Degree – 1
- Articulation Agreements - 221
Northern College Application Process
Applicants should not send any documents directly to the college. If considering applying for admission at Northern College of Applied Arts and Technology], international applicants must keep the following in mind:
Application portal: Online portal
Application fee: 100 CAD
Northern College Cost of Attendance
|Expenses||Civil Engineering Technology||Mining Engineering Technician||Practical Nursing|
|Tuition & Fees||18,825.00 CAD||13,175.50 CAD||15,687.50 CAD|
|Essential Ancillary Fees||907.89 CAD||1,162.89 CAD||1,087.89 CAD|
|Non - essential Ancillary Fees||94.00 CAD||94.00 CAD||94.00 CAD|
Northern College Financial Aid
- Full-time students who have enrolled in Northern College before March 1, 2020 will be provided with Student Relief Aid of 250 CAD.
- International students can fund their studies in Canada through a variety of sources.
- Northern College awards student bursaries to meritorious students during the fall and winter semesters.
- Advertising Standards Canada (ASC) offers an annual scholarship of 1,500 CAD to one full-time post-secondary student enrolled in an undergraduate Advertising and/or Marketing program and willing to pursue a career in the same field.
- CIMF offers an annual scholarship to the students pursuing a career in the field of mining industry.
Northern College Alumni
- Alumni Association at Northern College focuses on recruitment, regular updates and effective communication of alumni with the current students and college authorities.
- Such Association also leads to success of College communities by promoting Community Development initiatives.
- Being a part of the Alumni Association gives access to graduates to employment opportunities leading to their professional development.
Northern College Placements
- Ontario’s Employment Services within the college provides good employment opportunities to job seekers and finding suitable employees to the employers.
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant provides Grant of 10,000 CAD to small and large employers.
- This grant helps in funding 83% of workers' eligible training in firms with less than 100 employees and 50% of training in firm with more than 100 employees.
FIND A PROGRAM
After doing IELTS in India I applied for offer letters of three colleges and I got offer letter of this college very fast than other colleges. Moreover, it's a government college. I heard about this college from my agent. He told me all the procedures of this college. Admission requirements, fees and about semesters.
I joined the business program because my dream is doing my own business one day. Mathematics is my favourite subject which this course includes. In this program there are other subjects like accounting , communications and marketing which are all related with businesses. Human Resources is also a part of this program which teaches about Canadian Laws , rules and regulations. . As I got 3 GPA in one and second semester and hoping the best in next semesters too.
Close to home. This is what made my decision very easy. Since I am only 18 years old. I just wasn't ready to move away. Plus, I would like to save money, spend more time with my family and pets and not pay for food
Course Curriculum :
Nice and specific, easy enough to handle as I am only 18 and I am still unsure of what I would like to do, whether I continue with my studies in another program or join the world in the workplace. I really like how there is a mix of mandatory and elective courses.
Based on reading the program handouts and talking to current and past students, it is a really good program that does a great job of preparing you in every way possible after post-secondary. The vet tech at my clinic went to the same school and she is very knowledgeable and great at her job.
Course Curriculum :
I think the curriculum accurately achieves all subjects necessary to be successful throughout our college career since each semester accumulates onto the next. Also, the is a wide variety of animals that we get to leave about which will be helpful for those who chose to continue on with their studies and would outside a small animal clinic.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary