Coast Mountain College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1975 by Justin Kohlmann, Coast Mountain College is a renowned community institution. It was originally named Northwest Community College renamed as Coast Mountain College in 2018. With an acceptance rate of 85% per cent, international students from over 10 nationalities come to study at the college.
Coast Mountain College provides outstanding facilities on campus as well as for educational requirements that are also at an affordable cost to domestic and international students. Coast Mountain College provides programs in 6 different study areas like arts, business, and science, with a total of 33 programs at the Undergraduate and postgraduate level.. Student’s employment success is college success, college cares for the employment of students while or after studying in college. College provides jobs in 4 different sectors: common, government, specialized, and online company.
|Vice president||Michael Doyle (corporate services)
Laurie Waye (academic)
|Area of college||30 acres|
|Affiliations||UArtic, ACCC, CCAA|
|Mode of program||Fulltime, online, place-based|
|Official web||Coast Mountain College Website|
Coast Mountain College Rankings
According to webometrics data of January 2020,following are the Rankings of Coast Mountain College in different categories :
- World rank - 13504
- Continental rank - 3171
- Country rank - 233
- Impact rank - 12167
- Excellence rank - 6084
- Presence rank - 13877
Coast Mountain College Campus
- The college has expanded to six regional campuses which serve 34 communities.
- The nearest airport to the terrace campus is Northwest regional airport at a distance of 12 km.
- Terrace Campus- Near to Skeena River, is its 30 acres beautiful campus. e in the study.
- Prince Rupert Campus - By local partnership, students get trades training on this campus. It has 19 classrooms, 2 computer labs, 2 science labs, and an innovation lab. The nearest airport to the Prince Rupert campus is Prince Rupert airport.
- Smithers Campus- It is located in Bulky Valley. It is connected to rich cultures of the area and breath-taking vistas. It has a Gold LEED building, flooded with natural light and geothermal energy. The campus has advanced technology for video conferencing. It has a science lab, shops for trades, library, bookstore, computer lab, and classroom space. The nearest airport to the Smithers campus is Smithers regional airport.
- Hazelton Campus - It is located in the shadow of Stegyoden mountain. It has good classroom space, video conferencing rooms, library and bookstore.on-demand basis.
- Haida Gwaii Campus -this campus has a view of sandy beaches and peaceful ocean views. Here, course offerings are also developed in response to community demand and continuing education.
- Gym, fitness centre, salon and park facilities are also provided in all these campuses.
Coast Mountain College Programs
- CMTN provides programs in more than 80 certificates, diplomas, and bachelor degrees. College provides a wide range of study subjects like arts, business, fine arts, science, trades, upgrading, health, and field school-past.
- CMTN provides specialised subject degrees in arts. College provides 30+ subjects in the art category consisting of an associate degree, certificate, diploma, and partnership degree. Courses under this category are provided only in Terrace and Prince Rupert campus.
- The college also provides a certificate and diploma in business administration and management. Business is the best study area in Coast Mountain College.
- Some subjects are taught under field schools. This field school has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak. If you are currently registered for this course, your instructor will inform you. You can ask questions if any at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coast Mountain College even provides a specialised subject certificate or diploma in fine arts, health, social services, trades, upgrading, and science.
Coast Mountain College Application Process
- Application portal: - Coast Mountain College Application portal
- Application fees: - 100 CAD (non-refundable)
- Admission helpdesk: - E-mail- email@example.com and Phone- 250.635.6511
- Application deadline: - Applications are accepted during the 12 months before the start of the program.
For the Coast Mountain College Admissions, the general documents required are as follows -
- High school transcripts
- English exam scorecard
- Permanent residence
- Criminal record check
- Study permit
- Application copy
- English language proficiency test scorecard with the minimum required marks.
|International language academy of Canada||ILAC Pw level 3.1|
|Universal leaner institute||EAP 301|
|International test of English proficiency||3.7|
|Oxford placement test||B2(72)|
|Cambridge English exam||C1(180)|
|Oxford cultural college certificate||C1(180+)|
After you apply to Coast Mountain College you must submit your transcripts and documents to one of the following options:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-person: At any of our campus locations.
- Mail: CMTN Admissions, 5331 McConnell Avenue, Terrace, BC, V8G 4X2.
Coast Mountain College Cost of Attendance
|Type of fee||Amount/year (in CAD)|
|Books and supplies||2000.00|
|International “keep me safe” fees||22.44|
|Total fees (including other miscellaneous fees )||27,401.2|
* International student tuition includes Health Insurance fees of 292.89 CAD, which may not be charged if students have provided proof of MSP.
Coast Mountain College Residence
- Only Terrace and Smither campus offer on-campus housing for students.
- There are three, two-floored residential buildings on the Terrace campus.
- Each building is equipped with a shower room, TV room, and kitchen area with a fridge, microwave, freezer, stove, washer, and dryers.
- Free Wi-Fi connection along with twin beds, study tables, and wardrobe are also provided.
- The college has partnered Canada with a homestay network to provide homestay services in Terrace and Prince Rupert. In a homestay, students live with a local family to experience Canadian culture.
- Students can even live off-campus. The monthly rent of the house, apartment, and basement suite is usually 900 CAD.
- Cost of Residence :
|Type of room||Cost (CAD)||Building name|
|Superior rooms||600/month||Skeena river
|Standard rooms||500/month||Nass river|
Financial Aid for International Students
There are many funding sources provided to students to complete education for International students at the Coast Mountain College, Canada. Few of them are listed below :
- Alma VanDusen Fund- It assists full-time female students in financial need.
- BC Hydro Award- 500 CADaward is available annually to a student enrolled in the university credit program. The award is given to the student who clears all the criteria and preference is given to female and Indigenous students.
- BC Oil and Gas Commission Indigenous education award- Provides 1000 CAD to students enrolled in trades or arts or business.
- Belyea, Collins, Ingledow bursary- Given to a student with good academic standing and is available to assist full course time.
- Bill McLennan museum study grant- The grant is given to two students from the third year of the Freda Design program to study objects at the museum of anthropology.
- Brian Lapston Bursary- 500 CAD bursary is awarded to recognize success in the first semester of the school year by a full-time fee-paying student who is having financial problems.
- Student emergency bursaries: College is funding students in an emergency during a high time of need due to COVID-19 by making 40000 CAD available.
- External awards and funding: These external awards are administered by agencies. Some of them are BC hockey scholarship, Aboriginal learning links, Ad standards scholarship, CAEL scholarships and LOUD scholarship.
- Sponsored Students: Many students are sponsored by different agencies. In this case, students need to submit a letter of sponsorship to college.
Coast Mountain College Alumni
- CMTN Foundation is the official association of the Cost Mountain College alumni.
- This association has created an online network whereby alumni can connect with each other and stay informed of current activities and events of the college.
- It helps the current students of the coast mountain college to establish a relationship with current strong relationships with peers and industry leaders.
Some of the notable alumni of this college are :
- Jennifer Rice- Canadian politician
- Samuel Watts- Basketball player
- Skeena Reece- First nations artist
Coast Mountain College Placements
- Coast Mountain College provides High-quality education with innovative programs and experiential – place-based learning at an affordable cost.
- Its Workforce Training program helps students through the placement process and provides training to enhance their skills.
- The college provides students with innovative programs that lead to a sustainable career of people.
- It has partnered with many industries and professional development upgrading communities to train its students for their career and growth.
- It also provides customized, contract training to students.
FIND A PROGRAM
I got to know about coast mountain college through a friend who studied in the same college. After doing a lot of research about the college I decided to apply and paid an application fee of $100 (non-refundable). I had studied science in high school and had scored 88%.
Course Curriculum :
The course covered various topics required by us to understand the subject better. Topics covered in our course were university writing, statistics, sociology, criminology, psychology of crime and deviance, understanding crime, deviance and society, etc.
It is a beautiful and well-reputed as well as leading college of BC. I came to know about this College from a friend of mine. The admission process was also not so long and I got the offer letter very easily and quickly. The application fee was also not so high. I did my 12th in medical along with 80%marks.
I opted for this program because I have a great interest in the science and scientific field. The batch size of mine is 2 years diploma for this I need 60 credits from 20 subjects. I took the IELTS exam for getting the visa with the score of 6.5 overall. Two semesters of mine are done with the 33 credits.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary