Coast Mountain College 2020-2021 Admissions: Entry Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
Coast Mountain College, previously known as Northwest Community College (NWCC), is an accredited post-secondary institution that serves the rich and diverse communities and learners of BC’s beautiful northwest region. The acceptance rate at Coast Mountain College is estimated to be around 85%.
Coast Mountain College offers an array of programs in different degrees ranging from associate degree programs, to degree partnerships to certificate and diploma.The class size at Coast Mountain College is relatively small compared to other colleges.
Coast Mountain College also provides health and human services programs, online programs, university credit programs, trades foundation and apprenticeship programs. Coast Mountain College also offers innovative and flexible mobile training, reaching communities beyond its campuses.
Nearly all courses in the Fall and Winter 2020-21 terms are taught via Distributed Learning (online).
- Coast Mountain College is now accepting international students to study in the country. However, classes will be conducted via Distributed Learning for the Winter 2021 semester with no in person classes.
- International students must do a 14-day quarantine as soon as they enter Canada.
- International Students are also advised to maintain all the Covid-19 guidelines issued by the College and the government of Canada.
- If any student is not well, they’re advised to not travel in such a case.
- All Coast Mountain College international students planning to travel to Canada must clearly understand the Government of Canada and Government of British Columbia laws and regulations before making travel plans.
|Year of Establishment||1975|
|Application Fees||100 CAD (non-refundable)|
|Number of Campuses||5|
|Average Annual Tuition and Fees (International)||9,000-12,000|
Coast Mountain College Admissions deadline
There are no deadlines for admission into Coast Mountain College. However, since admissions are granted on a first-come, first serve basis, applicants are required to apply 12 months before the start date of the desired program.
Below mentioned are the tentative deadlines for most of the programs available at Coast Mountain College and must be considered before mankind an application.
|Fall intake||March 1|
|Winter intake||July 1|
Coast Mountain College Application process
Steps to apply at Coast Mountain College are:
- Review the specific requirements for your program. This includes the GPA required, English proficiency skills required.
- Apply to your program and apt the application fee (100CAD - non- refundable).
- Submit your documents. Official transcripts are to be mailed in a sealed envelope or faxed from the institution you attended to Coast Mountain College and must include the official seal or signature of that institution.
- Receive conditional offer. Once you have met the requirements , you will be conditionally accepted into the program and applicants must pay a deposit towards either their first semester tuition fees or your full year tuition; depending on if you apply through Study direct stream, or Traditional study stream.
Coast Mountain College International Undergraduate Admissions
International students aiming to get admission at Coast Mountain College should satisfy the eligibility requirements as mentioned by the college and the government of Canada. As the acceptance rate of Coast Mountain is estimated to be quite high students must meet the requirements stated by the College. Documents like academic results , English test results should be submitted.
Every year a large number of international students apply for undergraduate programs to get admissions at Coast Mountain College.The application for international can be found on the college's official website. The application fee a student must pay is 100 CAD.
Students who face any issues while filling up the application form may refer to the contact information available on the website. There are alot of agents who help in the process of completing the application, students may take help from them in any case of problems faced by them.
Eligibility Criteria & Requirements
- Students must meet the eligibility criteria for their preferred courses.
- Students must meet the eligibility of basic English proficiency skills as mentioned by the College.
- Students must submit certified copies of their academic transcript.
- Passport size photographs need to be submitted.
- At Coast Mountain College, it is optional for students to give standardized tests such as SAT and ACT.
- If a student has given any standardized test, they may also submit the results of the same. For some programs students are required to give certain standardized exams, in such a case students are advised to refer to the university's website.
Postgraduate Admissions at Coast Mountain College
The university offers an array of programs for International Students from all over the world across it's 5 campuses. Coast Mountain offers 2 post degree or masters level programs- Post Degree Business Diploma and Applied Coastal Ecology Post Degree Diploma.
The application fees a student must pay while applying to the university is 100 CAD. Students may refer to the college’s official website for the application process or may contact a consultant for any help they require in the application process.
Requirements for post-graduate programs
- Certified copy of academic transcripts.
- English proficiency skills results.
- Official college transcripts
- Visa and passport
- Health insurance.
Associates Degree Admissions at Coast Mountain College
Coast Mountain College offers two-year university-transferable associate degrees in Arts and Science. Associate degrees are valuable employment and education credentials and are equivalent to the first two years of a four-year bachelor degree that, in most cases, transfer directly into the third year of degree programs at British Columbia universities.
The college offers associate degrees to its domestic and international students in six different programs ranging from Associate degree in Arts- General studies to Criminology specialization to Sustainable Community specialization and many more. The requirements for admission to all these programs are the same, the duration of the program may differ.
Certificates and Diploma Admissions at Coast Mountain College
The college offers Certificates and Diploma degrees to its domestic and international students in two different programs namely Criminology Diploma and Community,Crime and Social Justice.
The length of the programs is different as well. The length of the Community,Crime and Social Justice program is 1year. While the length of the Criminology Diploma program is 2 years.
The intake session for both these programs is September and January.
Requirements for Associate, Certificate and Diploma degrees
The admission requirements for associate, certificate and diploma degree programs are the same. The requirements are mentioned below
- Apply directly to the University Credit Program
- Submit proof of English Studies 12 or equivalent.
- Once admitted, register in the courses required for the specific Program of your choice.
- Certified copy of academic transcripts.
- Official college/school transcripts
- Visa and passport
- Health insurance.
English Language Requirements
Applicants who have been awarded an associate degree or two-year diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution where English is the medium of instruction will be deemed to have met the language requirements for most CMTN programs.
All other applicants must demonstrate all four components of language: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
International students are required to provide proof of English language proficiency through one of the standardized exams to study in Canada as mentioned in the table below.
|Cambridge English Exams||C1 (180+)
|Duolingo English test||95
English less than 12
|IELTS||6.5 overall||English 12 "B" grade|
|International Language Academy of Canada (ILAC)||ILAC PW Level 3.1||English 12 pass|
|English 12 "B" grade
Student Visa for Studying at Coast Mountain College
Getting a hold of a study permit is a must for any international student who aims to study at the Coast Mountain College. Students have to get a hold of a visa from the High Commission of Canada in India. Students may refer to the following. There are a certain documents that student must be prepared beforehand with:-
- Enrollment proof.
- Visa fee application.
- Passport size photographs.
- Health insurance policy.
- Financial ability evidence.
- Academic Results documents.
- Students should meet the minimum requirements required for the visa.
- Certified copy of English proficiency skills.
After you receive your acceptance letter students need to complete their study permit application with the Government of Canada. Applicants after submitting their application must keep a check on their status on the college's website.
Ques. Are any scholarships offered to international students to study at Coast Mountain College?
Ans. International students are provided scholarships, fellowships and funding opportunities to study at Coast Mountain College from Global Affairs Canada and various Canadian federal government departments.
Ques. Will 100 CAD in case I don’t get admission at Coast Mountain College refunded?
Ans. The candidate needs to pay 100 CAD non-refundable deposit that will act as a commitment fee. The amount will not be refunded.
Ques. How can I apply to a graduate course at Coast Mountain College?
Ans. The students can log in to myCMTN and select apply to Graduate. From there, the students will be redirected to the next page.