Trinity College, Toronto, Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fees & Scholarships
Established in 1851, Trinity College is one of the most prestigious colleges on the St. George Campus of the University of Toronto. Trinity College is one of the most affordable universities in Canada charging minimal application fees and minimum tuition fees.
Trinity has 1,940 students enrolled in different programs across the study areas like arts, business, human service, engineering and computer science, health sciences, medicine, and nursing. Some of the exceptional courses offered at Trinity College include ethics, society & law, immunology, international relations, and theology.
Trinity College Ranking
Trinity College has featured in the list of some of the most renowned ranking agencies. In the year 2021, Trinity Collge has been ranked:
- 44 in national liberal arts college by US news.
- 45 for best value schools by US news.
- 193 in top performers on social mobility by US news.
- 92 in US college ranking of 2021 by Times Higher Education.
- 101 by QS world university ranking.
- 57 in the best undergraduate engineering program.
|Affiliated to||University of Toronto|
|Faculty of Arts & Science||1800 undergraduates|
|Faculty of Divinity||140|
|Average Program Tuition Fee||40,000 - 62,000 CAD|
Trinity College Programs
- Trinity College offers more than 70 undergraduate degrees and more than 20 graduate degree and 10+ certificate programs.
- Trinity College under the University of Toronto offers a plethora of courses through the faculty of Arts & Science.
- While being at Trinity, students enrich their critical thinking, writing, research, and public speaking abilities through small-group discussions and highly experienced faculty in order to prepare themselves for future challenges.
- Along with the traditional courses, Trinity offers the Margaret MacMillan Trinity One Program which is a preparatory program covering concepts related to human life and world affairs.
- Under the Trinity One program, students can choose between the following streams as per their interest:
- Ethics, Society & Law
- International Relations
- Policy, Philosophy & Economics
- Anne Steacy Biomedical Health
- Anne Steacy Medicine & Global Health
- Butterfield Environment & Sustainability
- Upon graduating to upper-year, students can choose between the following competitive courses:
- Ethics, Society & Law
- International Relations, or
- Alternatively, students can also choose between 300 interdisciplinary programs across the subject areas of arts, science, and business.
Trinity College Campus
Trinity College campus is located in the heart of the University of Toronto. Its campus includes four buildings:
- The main building is the home to administrative offices, Strachan Hall (dining hall), Seeley Hall, the Archives, the Chapel, and Trinity College Residence.
- St. Hilda's College is the second residential building. It has several beautiful rooms for student group meetings
- Gerald Larkin Building is an academic building consisting of faculty offices, classrooms, and administrative offices.
- The John W. Graham Library is located between the main building and the Gerald Larkin Building is one of the three most beautifully renovated historic buildings.
- The center of the buildings that is the Trinity quadrangle is used for many outdoor events for informal gatherings and College events.
- To the north of the quad is the only playing field that the camp has. It is internationally certified to host athletic events
- The Quidditch pitch is located between the Gerald Larkin Building and Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy
- It has a green roof available as a study area when the weather is suitable.
Trinity College Residence
- Trinity College has two residential buildings include Trinity College Residence and St. Hilda's College Residence.
- There are approximately 470 students living in both of the buildings.
- It has a combination of single, double, and triple rooms. Both the buildings are co-ed, students can live in either all-gender or gender-specific areas.
- Shared washroom and kitchen facilities are available.
- Student lounges and common spaces are available for socializing, rooms for group study or quiet study places are available. Music practicing rooms are also available.
Trinity College Admission Process
Trinity College gives admission to approximately 450 first-year students each year. In addition to the academic record, the college also takes into account the Trinity College Applicant Profile.
Application Portal: Admissions to Trinity College are done through the University of Toronto. Applicants can apply through OUAC Application Portal.
Application Fee: 180 CAD
Application deadline: The application deadline for Trinity College admissions is 15 November. Admission is confirmed after paying fees. The fees paying deadline is as follows:
|Fall||Undergraduate and graduate||November 1|
|Winter||Undergraduate and graduate||February 1|
Trinity College Cost of Attendance
The cost of living in Canada for international students is quite high, however, affordable than most of the US universities. As you decide to take admission at Trinity College, we have brought to you the estimated expenses you need to incur while studying here:
|Yearly Tuition & Fees||59,232|
|Yearly Housing & Meal Plan||15,156|
|Yearly Books & Supplies||1,000|
|Monthly Phone Bill||60|
|Monthly Health & Personal Care||120|
|Monthly Entertainment & Other Expenses||150|
Trinity College Scholarships
Every year, Trinity grants scholarships and bursaries worth 1 million CAD which is in addition to the scholarships offered by the University of Toronto and the Faculty of Arts & Science. Some of these scholarships include:
|Scholarship||Eligibility||Scholarship Amount & Benefits (CAD)|
|Admission Scholarships||Automatic consideration at the time of admission based on merit||1,000-3,500|
|In-Course Scholarships||Is both automatic and application-based; offered to students performing exceptionally in academics & co-curricular activities||2,000-5,000|
|Graduation Award||Is both automatic and application-based; offered to students performing exceptionally in academics||1,000-5,000|
International applicants can also look for external scholarships to study in Canada.
Trinity College Alumni Network
Trinity College offers various benefits to its alumni such as exclusive membership, unique travel experiences, access to U of T facilities, etc. Some of the notable alumni of Trinity college are Alison Baird, Author; Jim Balsillie, CEO Of Motion Centre; Addington Bruce, Journalist; Jackie Burroughs, Actress.
Trinity College Placement
- Students can prepare for interviews with alumni by scheduling an appointment with a career consultant to chat about their resumes, practice interview skills, or get a job.
- The salary for Trinity graduate students is CAD 113,000 and the salary for management students is CAD 42,000 per year.
Ques: What are the application requirements?
Ans: Visit the application instruction page of the university for the required documents needed for the application.
Ques: Where can students live off-campus?
Ans: Trinity College has partnered with local home renters and agents, which help students to search for a house Off-campus.
Ques: Is the GRE required?
Ans: GRE is not needed, starting with the 2021 admissions cycle.
Ques: What are the application fees?
Ans: $180 is payable on the college website of the application portal.
Ques: What is the class size?
Ans: Trinity college will admit 75 students per year per class.
Application Portal : https://www.trinity.utoronto.ca/prospective/admission-info/apply.html
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
I had decided to pursue my graduation in environmental science as I wanted to open a not-for-profit organization and preserve the environment. I had secured a GPA of 7 in a bachelor's degree and had applied to this college. The college was accredited by the Commission of Higher Education and was among the top colleges. I had applied at the college through an online application form, by paying an application fee of around $75.
Course Curriculum :
We were taught hands-on learning within and outside the classroom. I had a solid background in natural sciences along with biology, chemistry, geology, physics, and climate change. The courses in my field included- ecology, environmental chemistry, a course on soil, and several biology courses. I had even research opportunities to study and examine the impact on nature.
I was informed of Trinity from a Melbourne university staff. I graduated in Grade 11 with a GPA of 4.14 in an American-system school but did't take the required AP exams to get direct entry into Melb Uni (I took other 5.0 GPA courses), so the staff suggested that I could take one foundation year at Trinity College instead, and enter Melb uni after my completion of the course.
Course Curriculum :
It's okay, It focuses a lot on the student's confidence and wellbeing since a lot of us are under 18.
My sister is a Trinity College alumnus and is doing very well in the professional front. So I also wanted to study from the same university. I too went for the same process for the admission. I submitted my application form along with some documents.
Course Curriculum :
I wanted to acquire knowledge of historical, political, economic, and social scientific analysis. And I am getting to study it from my course. Therefore my desire of learning the skills is fulfilled by this interesting curriculum.
My sister studied at this university only and I got inspired by her learning abilities, so I also made my mind to apply at the university. But I was not that lucky to get admission in the first attempt only, rather during my second attempt I was lucky to get admission in this college that offered a global learning platform.
Course Curriculum :
I was looking for a college that provides financial assistance to the international students. So I made a research on various colleges and universities. Then my application was selected in two to three of them. Then finally I took the admission at the Trinity college.
Course Curriculum :
While studying this course I am getting the knowledge of Ethics, Society, and Law. In-depth knowledge is provided to me through this curriculum. This comprehensive course will prepare me to contribute to a variety of public sector departments.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary