Dr Vaishampayan Memorial Government Medical College was founded in the year 1963. The college is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and governed by Directorate of Medical Education & Research, Government of Maharashtra
- The college is associated with Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Sarvopachar Rugnalaya, Solapur
- The college enrolled 100 students every year in MBBS
- It is a 733 bedded hospital
- The college has an area of 14188 sq.m.
- The college facilitate one Air Conditioned Seminar, Work-shop, Conference-Hall with Capacity of 100 seats in college building
The college has a well-equipped library. It consists of:
Total No. of Books
Back Volumes of Journals
Current Journals (2009)
98 (Indian - 20, Foreign - 78)
The college has an auditorium with capacity of accommodating 800 people.