Grant Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals located near Byculla, was established in 1845. It is one of the oldest medical institutions which is run by the government of Maharashtra and provides medical training to the undergraduates and postgraduates. It has been consistently ranked among the top 10 medical colleges. The institute was ranked 11th among medical colleges in India by IndiaToday and 8th by The Week in 2020. The college accepts around 250 students annually for undergraduate degrees and around 100 students for various post graduation degrees.
The clinical affiliate is J.J. group of hospitals. Grant medical college stands out because of its unique topography, connectivity and persistent leadership in medical training and healthcare.
Grant Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals Highlights
|Affiliated To||Maharashtra University of Health Science|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG/PG|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Clinical affiliation||Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals|
|Campus Area||44 acres in Byculla|
|Facilities||Hostels, Library, Museum, Hospitals|
Grant Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals Ranking/achievements
Grant Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals Courses
|MBBS||-||10+2 with PCB||5 and a half Years|
|MD||General Medicine||MBBS with 1-year rotational Internship||3 Years|
|Skin and Venereal Diseases|
|Preventive and Social Medicine|
|Orthopedics and traumatology|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
Grant Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals Admissions 2020
The candidates have to clear 10+2 examinations with an aggregate of 50 percent in PCB stream.Then they are eligible to give the NEET entrance exam which is mandatory for all the students who want to get into medical. Admission in grant medical college is done through All India Medical Counselling as All India Quota 15 % MBBS seats and remaining through Maharashtra State and remaining through Maharashtra state medical counselling as 85% state quota conducted by state medical authorities.
How to Apply?
- The candidates have to visit the official website of college.
- Then they will be required to register themselves.
- After registration, the candidates will be required to pay the application fees.
- Then they can choose for which courses they want to apply.
- If selected, they will be called for further counselling/interview.
Grant Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals Scholarships
The fees in medical colleges are often too expensive to be paid especially for someone who belongs to an economically challenged background. Grant Medical College being a government college does provide certain scholarship facilities.
Some are mentioned below:
- J.N Tata Endowment Scholarship Programme: This scholarship is provided at the beginning of the course.
- Lila Poonawalla Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship for Science Program: This scholarship is meant for girls of Pune district and who prove themselves in academics.
- Narotam Sekhsaria Merit cum means Scholarship: This is given to students who belong to financially weak backgrounds but have excelled in academics.
Grant Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals Facilities
The college provides the following facilities.
- Hostel: There are around 860 rooms for undergraduates students and 410 rooms for PG students. Apart from rooms provided for UG and PG students the college also provides 200 rooms for interns with air conditioning and internet facility. There is a separate dining area for both boys and girls. There are around 7 canteens for staff and students.
- Museum: The college has a departmental museum which consists of charts, radiographs, catalogs. These are basically made by students under the able guidance of their professors. The museum contains the typical model of skeleton.
- Affiliated Hospital: The college is affiliated to J.J. Group of Hospitals. It has around 18 major and 2 minor operation theatres. The hospital provides all the vital facilities such as X-ray, ultrasonography, MRI scan and also having approval of AREB and PNDT. It provides clinical services and has a lecturer theatre for practical classes.
- Library: There are 2 kinds of libraries i.e the departmental library and a central library which covers an area of nearly 6 acres. The library has a total of 45000 medical books, reference books and journals. It has a seating facility of 270. The library has other facilities as well such as e-library, wifi facility, etc.
Grant Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals Faculty
The faculty consists of both teaching and non teaching staff and every department is having its own head who are led by Dr Ajay S Chandanwale (the college dean) followed by a vice dean for UG and vice dean for PG, associate dean and a medical superintendent. The college has a very high qualified faculty. The faculty has immense knowledge in their respective realm which helps the students to comprehend and get familiar with the subject in a much better manner. The faculty of the college has a professional approach towards their work and even the students are serious about their course.The teachers are very much dedicated, they are ever ready to clear the doubts of their students which inturn increases interest for the subjects within the students.
Grant Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals FAQs
Ques. Where is the Grant Medical College located?
Ques. What is the fee for the UG Program at Grant Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals?
Ques. What is the fee for fee for the PG program at Grant Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals?
Ques. Does Grant Medical College provide any placements?
Ques. Is Grant Medical College approved?
Ques. How many PG courses are offered by the Grant Medical College?