Grant Medical College, founded in 1845, is a leading & pioneering medical institute of national & international repute.
- It is the oldest medical institution in Western India, governed by the Government of Maharashtra.
- It imparts education in postgraduate & undergraduate medical training & health care extending from broad specialties to super-specialties together with tertiary care to patients.
- It stands unique among all the medical colleges in Maharashtra because of its distinct connectivity, topography & determined leadership in medical field for society over past one & a half century.
The present campus is spread out over 44 acres (180,000 m2) in the Byculla area of South MumbaiIt intakes annually around:
- 200 undergraduate students for MBBS
- Over 190 postgraduate students for various MS/ MD/ Diploma/ Super specialty courses.
- Allied Sciences
Besides high quality education, GMC is known for its focuses on extracurricular activities. The university encourages its students to participate in other activities that are organized from time to time.
GMC offers several facilities to its students so that they can pursue their courses without any obstruction and achieve the goal of their life through the education offered by it. The facilities offered by the university include Hostel, Health Care, Library, Guest House and several others.
Hostel- The University offers accommodation/hostel facility to most of its students.
- There are two hostels, for boys and girls.
- The hostel provides hygienic food and facility for recreation
Library- The library at GMC is one of its kinds in the country holding a wide collection of books to help students in their studies and research.
Computer Centre-The Computer Center offers eminence amenities to the GMC students in computing services, E-Mail, etc.
- It helps in analyzing the research data.
- It also supports access to World Wide Web & facilitates laboratory services to the students of science & technology