Guntur Medical College is one of the premier medical institutions in south India. It is located in the heart of the city of Guntur, the knowledge hub of Andhra Pradesh. This Institute was established in 1946, it is accredited by AICTE and is affiliated to Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada (NTRUHS).
GMC, Guntur Medical College offers undergraduate courses with an annual intake of about 200 students and various medical Specialities including non-clinical, Para clinical and Clinical branches, which in total offers 47 courses across 4 streams namely Medical, Pharmacy, Paramedical, Science and across 6 degrees like MBBS, BSc, MD, MS (Surgery), MCh.
GMC is considered to be a great asset to the country as it provides high-class facilities like it has the ultra-modern air-conditioned auditorium, which was built with contributions from GMCANA. It has the latest audiovisual equipment and seating capacity for 900. A new super speciality complex Podila Prasad, GMCANA Super speciality and Trauma Centre, with state of the art facilities. GMC has been accredited to 55th position in Medical colleges around India.
Guntur Medical College Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1946 | Government|
|Accredited to||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada (NTRUHS)|
|Affiliated Hospital||Guntur Government Medical College and Hospital|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BSc, MD, MS (Surgery), MCh, Diploma|
|Application mode||Offline and Online|
|Facilities||Demo rooms, Labs, Auditorium, Hospitals, Hostels, Cafeteria, Mess, Library|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance exams and Merit-based|
|Ranking||All India 55th|
Guntur Medical College Awards & Achievements
GMC is rich in providing excellent academics to their students via their top-class faculties, who themselves are awardee of prestigious awards and have tremendous achievements with them. Almost each and every department at GMC is capable and has acquired various nominations, along with awards such as awards in poster presentations and conferences. Some of them are tabulated below:
|Award / Achievement||Awardee||Department|
|Participated as Chairperson in National CME & Conference on Atomic Neurosciences Workshop in GIMS, Gadag, Karnataka||Dr R Sirisha Associate Professor||Physiology|
|Appointed as Editor in Chief for the Journal of DR.NTRUHS, Vijayawada||Dr C Padmavathi Devi Professor & HOD||Pathology|
|Awarded – Vyaghreswarudu Gold Medal for consultants in OSSAPCON Feb-2020 held at Vijayawada||Dr B Mrudula Assistant Professor||Orthopaedics|
|Gold Medal for best Poster for TB otitis Media – A rare entity in AOIPACON 2019 Annual State Conference held at Ananthapuram||Dr M D Dilip PG||ENT|
|Awarded 1st Prize for Poster presentation on A case report of lipoid proteinosis at CUTICON, AP Nov.2019 at Vijayawada||Dr S Dharini PG||DVL|
|Got 1st prize for best Paper presentation in APTCCON-2019 – Prevalence of Genetic pattern in INH Resistant TB cases and its association with other TB drug resistance||Dr Aswina PG||TBCD|
|1st Prize in paper presentation in State conference held at Amalapuram on 18th, 19th & 20th October 2019||Dr S k Fathimunnisa PG||Anaesthesiology|
|Second Topper of the university in M Ch (Urology) 2019 examination conducted by Dr.NTR university of health sciences, Vijayawada by securing second highest marks in the exam||Dr Shiva Kumar PG||Urology|
|Received Associate fellowship from Andhra Pradesh Academy of Sciences, Amaravathi for the year 2018, received in 2019||Dr P Radha Kumari Professor||Community Medicine|
Guntur Medical College Courses
GMC provides a vast variety of courses under UG, PG and Diploma programmes, under various specialities having their own minimum eligibility criteria such as:
|MBBS||-||5 years||10+2 (PCM/ PCMB)|
|M D||General Medicine||3 years||MBBS or Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline|
|M S||General Surgery||3 years||MBBS or Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline|
|M Ch||Neuro Surgery||3 years||MBBS or Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline|
|DM||Neurology||3 years||MD in General Medicine or any other relevant subject|
|B Sc||Medical Laboratory Technology||3 years||10+2 in relevant field|
|Diploma||Cardiology Technician||2 years||10+2 (PCM/ PCMB)|
|Medical Lab Technology,|
|Medical Imaging Technician,|
|Dark Room Assistant,|
|Medical Imaging Technician|
Read more: Guntur Medical College Courses & Fees
Guntur Medical College Admissions
GMC offers a variety of courses under its on-campus facilities with various specialities including UG, PG and Diploma programmes, each having their own selection criteria. GMC Admissions to any of the programmes requires either an entrance test to qualify or clear the merit-based selection process.
How to Apply for GMC Admissions?
- To apply via the Online method, first, visit the official website of Guntur Medical College
- Need to fillup the form from the homepage via a tab for Admissions
- Selecting the application form link and filling out the details including personal information and academic details
- Adding the photograph in the space provided and enclosing all the required documents
- Along with that verify all of the details filled and pay the application fees
- Finally, submit the duly filled application form before the due date
According to the programme selected, required scores of entrance exams need to be filled like, NEET UG for UG programmes, NEET-PG for PG programmes like MD, MS. While for courses like M Ch, NEET SS scores are required.
Read more: Guntur Medical College Admissions
Guntur Medical College Scholarships
GMC has scholarships funds to help the needy students to get their education completed at utmost, such as
- GMCANA Scholarships: This scholarship is provided to the students who are academically excellent and sound, meanwhile economically challenged. These students are selected completely on the basis of their merit scores. The fund amount served is about $250.
- Sri Vasireddy Seetapati & Gowri Devi Scholarship Fund: A scholarship distributed totally on the basis of merit scores as awarded to the
- Highest ranked in EAMCET who obtained admission in GMC, fund amount is about $200.
- The first ranker in MBBS in GMC, fund amount is about $200.
- Dr Kancherla Aruna Prasad Memorial Endowment Scholarship Fund: This scholarship is provided to the students who are academically bright and economically disadvantaged. And are distributed according to the rank obtained in Eamcet. Fund amount is about $250.
- Sri Tummala Ramakrishna Sastrulu Memorial Fund: This scholarship is provided to the students who are academically bright and economically disadvantaged identified by a committee of GMCANA coordinators, Principal and staff. Fund amount is about $200.
- Dr.Tummala Ramabrahman, M.D, memorial GMCANA Research Endowment Fund: Established by Drs. Venkata Subba Rao Uppuluri, Srihar Gazula, Nageswara Rao Latchamsetty and Ramprasad Chilakapati in fond memory of their friend and classmate. This scholarship is provided to promote research areas among candidates, awarded to selected research papers in national or international peer-reviewed journals or presented at national or international peer-reviewed meetings. Fund amount is about $400.
Read more: Guntur Medical College Scholarship
Guntur Medical College Facilities
GMC has modern lab equipment to meet the requirement as per the era to develop and meet the research facilities, medical advancements. Following are the facilities provided to students and staff on the GMC campus.
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- Demo Rooms
- IT Infrastructure,
GMC college library has 28,000 books and subscribes to more than 100 journals including access to another 100 E-Journals. GMC has an ultra-modern air-conditioned auditorium, which was built with contributions from GMCANA. GMC has the latest demonstration rooms fitted with overhead projectors and audio-visual equipment and seating capacity for 900. As it plays an important role in the medical hospital to teach the students with visual graphics.
Guntur Medical College Faculty
Guntur Medical College has a wonderful teaching and non-teaching staff that continuously strives towards the betterment of its students and in addition the health of the society by imparting good quality education and work ethics. They are totally responsible for providing high-quality education to future professionals, and the academic portfolio of such faculties are no less than extraordinary.
GMC consists of various departments having teaching, non-teaching, residential, and teaching super speciality staffs, out of which
Professor & HOD: 30+
Assistant Professors: 80+
Read more: Guntur Medical College Faculty
Guntur Medical College FAQs
Ques. What are the minimum cutoff marks required for admissions in MBBS at GMC?
Ques. What is the review on placements regarding post the MBBS from GMC?
Ques. What are the expected fees for MBBS at GMC?
Ques. Are there any recreational activities involved at the campus for students?
Ques. How to reach the campus most effectively?