Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences (HIMS), Karnataka is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The college works with a vision to achieve the center of excellence in the medical field. The College aims to make a significant contribution in Medical Education, Research and Health Care services both at the domestic and international level. It provides the best quality education to the students in the field of Medicine and Health Sciences. It promotes critical thinking and self-directed learning. It wants to provide community oriented and culturally sensitive Heath Care to the people. The college has the values of openness, congeniality, inclusiveness and community involvement.
Facts and Figures of Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Karnataka
Autonomous Institute of Govt. of Karnataka
Medical Council of India (MCI)
Total Faculty Members
8594 Books, 110 Journals, 250 e-journals
How to Reach
Sri Chamarajendra Hospital Campus, Hassan
Why Join Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Karnataka?
- Faculty: The Institute has the vastly experienced and competent faculty. It is dedicated towards the overall growth of the students by providing them with the practical skills along with the theoretical knowledge of the subject.
- Library: The library of HIMS was set up to serve the different needs of its readers. There are around 10,000 books in the library, besides 110 journals, 500 back volumes, 728 audio/video cassettes and 357 who collections.
- Infrastructure facilities: The College provides a number of facilities to the students. The college building is spread in 25,800 sq of land area. There are around 300 separate rooms providing the hostel facility to the students. Around 60 flats, are provided to the doctors under the doctor’s quarters.
- Different Events and Programs: A number of industry visits and guest lectures are organized for the students.
- Awards: The students of Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences have won a number of awards at the national level events and competitions.