Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences Karnataka was set up in 2006. The college is ranked 4th by the Health Ministry under the Karnataka Government in 2018. It offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate in the medical stream. The institute guarantees MBBS students 12 months internship in its affiliated Hospital and offers them a job as resident doctors after completion of the internship. Admission is offered strictly based on entrance marks in NEET (UG and PG). In 2019 cut-off rank for general students was around 3837-7119 in All India Quota.
Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences Highlights
|Established | Type||2006 I Autonomous|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Affiliation||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Entrance Exam||NEET (UG, PG)|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG|
|Popular Courses||MBBS and MS/MD|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Campus Area||25,800 sq.|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Hospital, Lecture Complex.|
Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences Courses
The Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences offers UG and PG level courses in the medical stream. Below given is the representation of the same.
|MBBS||Subject: Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in surgery.
Duration: 4½ year.
Eligibility: Completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized board.( 45% for OBC and 40% for ST/SC).
|MS/MD||Subjects: Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, Ophthalmology, Community Medicine, Otorhinolaryngology
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduate in MBBS with relevant marks and cleared NEET (PG).
|Paramedical Course||Subjects: Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT), Medical Imaging Technology (DMXT), Health Inspector (DHI), Operation Theatre Technology (DOTT)
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Passed 10+2 from the recognized board.
|Nursing Courses||Subjects: M. Sc Nursing, B. Sc Nursing, B. Sc Nursing
Duration: 4 years (B.Sc.), 2years(M.Sc.)
Eligibility: Passed 10+2 from the recognized board. Aspirants should have passed B.Sc. in nursing for admission in M.Sc. in Nursing
Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences Admission
Admission at the Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences is strictly based on NEET merit. Aspirants need to apply for the NEET examination for both UG and PG admission. Students can apply to the college for admission by following below listed steps:
- Candidates have to visit the official website of NEET
- Fill the online application form with all the required academic and personal details and note down the system generated application number.
- Upload scanned images of passport size photo and thumbprints along with the High School and intermediate mark sheet.
- Pay the fee using payment gateway through Debit/Credit Card/ Net banking/UPI and keep the proof of fee paid safely for future references.
- Once the counseling is done, candidates are required to report to the college for the verification of original documents.
Following are the document required for final registration at HIMS:
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank Card
- Allotment Letter
- 10th Mark Sheet
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Copy of Photo Id
- Caste Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- 4 Passport Size Photographs
- Printout of Registration Form
Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences Placements
Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences provides Job opportunities for its final year students. Students need to enroll for an Internship after the course completes. 12 months of compulsory internship in Hassan Hospital itself shapes students for professionalism. After Internship Students can join Karnataka Government Hospital or equivalent hospitals as resident doctors.
Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences Scholarship
Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences offers scholarships to students belonging to economically weaker sections and have domicile of Karnataka. Students are also awarded Merit cum based scholarships by the college to deserving students. College also accepts National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt. Laptops are distributed by local bodies like Jindal for the encouragement of students.
Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences Facilities
Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences provides the following facilities to the students:
- Educational Units: Anatomy Dissection Hall, Central Research Lab & Lecture Theatre, Conference Hall, Medical Education Unit, Audio-visual room is constructed to meet specific academic needs.
- Library: The library has more than 11521 titles and books for all departments on their shelves. There are more than 109 Journals and 1500 bounded journals of both Indian and Foreign Writers. The Digital library has 803 audio and video Cassettes for a better understanding of concepts.
- Hostel: The college has both boys and girls hostels. There are 264 rooms for boys and 145 rooms for girls. All rooms are furnished and have wardrobe facilities.
Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences Faculty
Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences brings together a dedicated team of Doctors, Nurses, and other healthcare professionals. The institute has a total of 176 teaching staff and 187 non-teaching staff. Major NO. of faculty have a minimum degree of MBBS. Every department has its Head and Dean and other faculties are working at the position such as Professor (21), Assistant Professor (39), Associate Professor (45), Tutor (45), Junior Resident (14), Senior Resident (12).
Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences FAQs
Ques. What is the median salary after the MBBS course?
Ques. What is the schedule for First-year Students?
Ques. Are the Hostel facilities compulsory?
Ques. How strict are professors at HIMS?
Ques. Does HIMS have any sports events?
Ques. Which is the best-known service in Hassan Hospital?