Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences (IHBAS) aims to promote mental health awareness, behavioral and allied sciences, and neurosciences and to produce skilled professionals. It offers various PG courses in multiple specializations such as Neurology, clinical psychology, and psychiatry. The admission to these courses is through scores obtained in entrance exams and the application process is done through online mode. It has also won many awards like the International Award in the Healthcare sphere and the India Healthcare Award.
|Establishment | Institute Type||1993 | Autonomous|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Affiliated to||Delhi University|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Courses Offered||PG Courses|
Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences runs a variety of postgraduate courses. Below given is a tabular representation of the same.
|MD||Psychiatry||The candidate must have an MBBS degree from a recognized institute + NEET-(PG) entrance exam.||3 years|
|M.Phil.||Clinical Psychology||M.A./M.Sc. in relevant discipline from UGC recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks.||2 years|
|DM||Neurology||The candidate must have an MBBS degree from a recognized institute + NEET-(PG) entrance exam.||3 years|
Read more IHBAS Courses
The admission process at the Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences is done through online mode. Interested and eligible candidates are required to submit their application form. The application form can be filled online by following the below - listed steps:
- Students have to register themselves on the online link that will be provided on the official website.
- For admission to the M.Phil. program, students must appear for an entrance exam and interview conducted by the institute. Students are selected solely on the basis of scores obtained in this exam.
- For MD/DM courses, students are selected based on scores obtained in the NEET PG exam.
- The candidates must upload scanned copies of all the required documents.
- The merit list of selected candidates will be put up on the website following which students have to report to the college for document verification.
Check IHBAS Admission
The Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences does not have a placement cell, but it is a renowned institution in the field of mental health, neurosciences, and allied sciences and hence students get placed in esteemed institutions in India and abroad. The college also has an affiliated hospital that helps them gain hands-on experience to excel in their field.
Know more IHBAS Placement
Following are the facilities offered by the Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members:
- Library: It has a well-stocked library that has various books, journals, and research papers.
- Canteen: It also has a well-maintained cafeteria with hygienic facilities.
- Hostel: The college has 2 hostels that are very well maintained with all the necessities.
- Classrooms: The institute has widely spaced classrooms with good ventilation.
Click here IHBAS Hostel
The Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences has a highly qualified faculty team that trains its students to become a skilled professional in their fields and help cure people of their mental ailments. The teachers are extremely active in extra-curricular activities too and are very approachable regarding any doubts that the students might have. They also largely contribute to their field and have earned many achievements.
Read more IHBAS Faculty
Ques. What are the documents required for admission to M.Phil. program?
Ans. The required documents are:
The Scanned copy of the documents required to be enclosed with the application are:
(a) Self- attested copy of mark sheet of M.A./M.Sc. final examination
(b) SC/ST/OBC/EWS certificate as applicable
(c) copy of fee deposit slip or SBI collects reference number.
Ques. Which is the most popular course in this college?
Ans. The MD in psychiatry is the most sought-after course of this college.
Ques. Does the college provide hostel facilities?
Ans. Yes, the college provides hostel accommodation for students. Of the 2 hostels, one is for girls and boys both and one is an only girls hostel.
Ques. What are the facilities provided in the hostel?
Ans. The hostel rooms have beds and are partially furnished. Other facilities include electricity, water facilities, and mess facilities are available for students.
Ques. What are the annual fees for hostel facilities?
Ans. The hostel fees are INR 300 per month towards electricity, accommodation, and water facilities.