Navodaya Medical College, established by S. R. Reddy in 2001 in Raichur district Karnataka, is the first private medical college started in Raichur district. It offers courses in UG, PG, and various Diploma degrees in clinical, pre-clinical, and para-clinical Sciences. This college is recognized by the Medical Council of India and is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
Navodaya Medical College Raichur Highlights
|Established | Type||2001 | Private|
|Affiliation||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Recognized By||Government of India and Medical Council of India|
|Course Offered||UG, PG, Diploma|
|Facilities||Hostel, Library, Hospital, Labs, Food Court, lecture rooms|
|Official Website Link||navodaya.edu.in/medical|
Navodaya Medical College Raichur Courses
The table below gives information about the various courses in the medical domain being imparted at the college:
|MBBS||Medical Doctor||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with PCB/Bio-Technology and English with a minimum of 50% and NEET-UG merit rank
Duration: 5.5 years
|MD||Physiology||Eligibility: MBBS degree and NEET PG merit rank
Duration: 3 years
|Diploma||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||Eligibility: MBBS degree and NEET PG merit rank
Duration: 2 years
Click here Navodaya Medical College Courses and Fees
Navodaya Medical College Raichur Admission
Navodaya Medical College accepts applications for admission in UG and PG (MD/MS) programs as per the norms set by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Interested candidates have to appear for the (NEET-UG) for MBBS, and NEET (PG) for admission to MD/ MS and PG Diploma courses across various specializations. Candidates who qualify the entrance exam must register with KEA for the purpose of counseling.
How to Apply?
- Visit the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) official website and register thereby filling out the online application form.
- Fill all the relevant information precisely in the Application form, missing information would lead to cancellation of admission.
- PG candidates need to submit a hard copy of the complete application form along with an affidavit as a bond to serve for two-year after graduation in a designated hospital or healthcare center in a medically underserved area of the country.
- All original documents have to be produced during the time of document verification with self-attested photocopies of all relevant documents.
- The candidate would also have to submit the additional documents as requested by the institute.
Navodaya Medical College Raichur Placement
Navodaya Medical College offers a one-year, paid rotatory internship under the MBBS course. The internship is a phase of training where a medical graduate is expected to learn methods to conduct actual practice of medical and health care and acquire skills under supervision, so that he/she may become an independent practitioner.
Placement is also provided to students in good numbers. Most of them are placed in the college's owned hospital itself. Paid Internships are provided within the college's hospital with a stipend of INR 36,000 to 48,000 for 1 year. A postgraduate student doing an MS course can receive a stipend of INR 3,00,000 to 4,20,000 in the first year with gradual increment.
Know more Navodaya Medical College Placement
Navodaya Medical College Raichur Scholarship
Navodaya Medical College also provides scholarships for the deserving as well as for the students belonging to the economically weaker section of the society. This scholarship is very beneficial for the students who want to study but don’t have enough money. Students can apply for the scholarship program at the beginning of the academic year. Apart from these scholarships, one can also apply for the various educational loans provided by various banks. There are also government-sponsored scholarships for students from SC, ST, and OBC categories. The admin office of the medical college provides assistance in applying for these scholarships.
Read more Navodaya Medical College Scholarship
Navodaya Medical College Raichur Facilities
The medical college is at the forefront in providing all necessary facilities to the medical students and doctors in their education. Being a medical college, there is a lot of focus on practical facilities like well-equipped laboratories, good infrastructure, and a strong library. Below are mentioned some of the facilities provided by the college:
- Library: The ultra-modern Central Library at Navodaya Medical College is the pride of this institute. The total collection of books until today is 32,714. The institute also has a digital library and Internet Facilities for the academic purpose and for the research work of the students and the professors.
- Hostel: There are 5 boys hostels and 4 girls hostels in the medical college campus, providing accommodation to over 4,000 students within the campus, with all the amenities for the students so that they feel at home.
- Hospital and medical facilities: Hospital has a capacity of 1050 beds with 80% for free treatment for the underprivileged sections. Other facilities available are the Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU), Medical ICU, Respiratory, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, AC Labour Ward, Regional Diagnostic Lab.
- Sports facilities: Outdoor & indoor sports facilities available in the college campus. It has a Volleyball court, cricket ground, badminton courts, basketball court, table tennis, and carom board with an indoor facility to promote excellence in sport as well as recreation for students.
- Labs: The college has Hi-Tech Laboratories for students to apply their theoretical knowledge practically and to conduct experiments.
Click here Navodaya Medical College Hostel
Navodaya Medical College Raichur Faculty
This medical institute has a good student-teacher ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members. Each department has more than 10 faculty members, who are well qualified and experienced in their respective fields. Overall there are around 200 teaching faculty members including Professor & HOD, Associate Professor, Tutors, and Junior Resident, and approximately 400 non-teaching members working in this institute.
Navodaya Medical College Raichur FAQs
Ques. Is Navodaya medical college a good medical college to pursue MS?
Ques. What is convenient to reach Navodaya medical college?
Ques. What is the fee structure and admission criteria for MBBS at Navodaya Medical College, Raichur?
Ques. How many marks does one require in NEET (for OBC candidate) to get the admission in Navodaya medical college?
Ques. What are some other good medical colleges in Karnataka apart from Navodaya Medical college?
Mahadevappa Medical College is a private medical college in, Karnataka. The college is also affiliated to (RHUHS) and is as good as Navodaya medical college in every sphere. Another college situated in Karnataka is Al-Ameen Medical College and it offers courses in the field of medicine and surgery. Set up in the year 1984, the college has a well-equipped hospital within its campus. Both of these colleges are located in the Karnataka region and as good as Navodaya medical college in terms of courses, facilities, faculty, infrastructure, and campus.