North Bengal Medical College was established in 1968. The college is affiliated to West Bengal University of Health Sciences and recognized by Medical Council of India. The college offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Research and Paramedical Courses
- The hospital has a bed strength of 862 and caters to a large population of 15 million in North Bengal a in nearby states
- The hospital facilitate Outdoor services, Indoor services, Physiotherapy, Trauma Care Centre, A.R.T Centre, V.C.T.C, Preventive Cardiology, Tele-Medicine, Counselling etc.
- The college is located in Sushrutanagar which is 11km away from New Jalpaiguri Jn railway station and 8km from Bagdogra Airport
- The college enrolled 150 students in MBBS annually
- Admission to the college for MBBS is through competitive entrance exams, 15% of the seats are filled through the All India Pre-Medical Test and the rest through the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (Medical).
- Admission to PG courses is through All India entrance, National Eligibility and Entrance Test
- The hospital and campus spread over 161 acres. Campus includes institutions like North Bengal Dental College and the College of Nursing in the same campus
- Apurba Chatterjee – Geriatrician, awarded the "Health Worker of the Year" at the Pride of Reading awards in 2013
- Abhijit Chowdhury - Noted gastroenterologist
- Rudranath Bhattacharya- Politician, elected as Member of the Legislative Assembly from Siliguri constituency
- Junior Boys Hostel- For 1st year and 2nd year students
- A.K Dutta Memorial Hostel- For 3rd year and 4th year students
- Senior Boys Hostel- For final year students and interns
- Intern Hostel- For Housestaffs and Internees. The postgraduate trainees are also accommodated in the same hostel
- A new 4 storied 200 seated hostel is under construction for PGT students
- Ladies Hostel- 2nd year and 3rd year students and housestaffs
- Girls Hostel- For 4th year, final year students, interns and postgraduate trainees
- N.G.H. (New Girls Hostel)- For 1st year students
Plasma- It is annual inter-college fest held in the month of September.