Updated On - November 21st 2017
Patna Medical College and Hospital formally established in 1872 as Prince of Wales Medical College, Patna. The college is established in affiliated to Aryabhatta Knowledge University. The college offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Paramedical courses in various specilalities
- Patna Medical College was established as Temple Medical School with 35 students in 1874
- The college enrolled 100 students in MBBS under Aryabhatta University and 247 in Postgraduate courses annually
- Admission in MBBS is through Combined Medical Education Entrance Test which is conducted by the Medical Council of India
- In 1932, postgraduate course was started
- It has 1770 beds under various departments
- The college is located at Ashok Rajpat in Patna which is 5km away from, Patna Junction Railway Station, 11km from Patna Airport and 10km from Mithapur Bus Stand
- Various departments were constructed by the donations from the Princely states of Bihar
- The college library connected to the National Medical Library through internet
- Patna Medical College is a well known medical college in Eastern India
- It has provided valuable service to the society since its establishment.
The departments of the medical college are as follows:
- Community Medicine/PSM
- F. M. T.
- E. N. T.
- Plastic Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
The University offers accommodation/hostel facility to most of its students
No. of hostels