Established in 1925 the Patna Medical College Hospital is a premier medical college located in Bihar. Affiliated to the Aryabhatta Knowledge University, this government aided college will soon be transformed into India’s largest hospital. The government of Bihar plans to add 5,462 beds to the hospital wing of PMC.
The admission cut off for PMC is 50 percent for general category applicants and 40 percent for applicants from the reserved category.
The institute offers a 5 year MBBS course at Undergraduate level. MD, MS and Post graduate diploma programs are offered at Post graduate level in PMC, Patna.
Admission to MBBS Course of PMC college requires passing in the NEET-UG exams and Admission to MD course will be granted on the basis of NEET PG Entrance Exam score.
The duration of the MBBS course in Patna Medical College is four and half years which includes a one year rotatory internship at the end of the course. The internship is mandatory to pass the MBBS course in PMC and concludes with theory and practical exams.
Patna Medical College Admission Highlights 2020
Key details below for those interested to apply for admissions in PMC, Bihar
|Course Type||Full time|
|Course Duration||M.Phil: 1.5 years (min); Ph.D.: 3 years (min)|
|Specializations ||Offered in all disciplines mentioned above |
|Eligibility Criteria||55% in Master’s degree|
|Selection Criteria||Based on entrance, merit followed by PI|
PMC, Patna Fees & Eligibility
Patna Medical College Undergraduate Full-Time Admission 2020
Key points to help you apply for UG courses in PMC Bihar
|Name of the course ||Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) |
|Mode of instruction ||On campus |
|Duration of the course ||5 Years |
|Course fees ||INR 30,000 |
|Mode of application||Online |
|Intake ||180 seats|
|Selection criteria ||NEET UG |
|Cut off ||General Category - 50% Reserved Category - 40%|
NEET Cut off
Here’s the predicted cut off marks for 2020 MBBS admission in Patna Medical College
|Applicant Category ||Cut off |
|MBBS General ||1670|
|MBBS Scheduled Castes||18557|
|MBBS Scheduled Tribe||24783|
- Applicants must be between 17-24 years old at the time of admission
- Pass certificates in 10+2 or recognized High School Senior Secondary exam
- Students must have a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in science subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Admission to MBBS program will be granted on the basis of a valid rank in NEET UG exam.
After the declaration of result for Entrance Exam, candidates have to appear for the counselling process.
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Bihar must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020.
How To Apply for MBBS?
- Log on to the official NEET website
- Download the application form and indicate personal details and course and college preference
- After acquiring admit card, attend the NEET-UG exams
- Download application form for BCECEB exams from the official website
- Fill in the application form and acquire admit card
- After attending the NEET and BCECEB exams
- Download results and proceed with the PMC application if you secure the required rank
- Fill in the application for the MBBS course on the PMC website
- Contact the PMC college to inform about your admission
- Admit Card of NEET
- Scorecard or Rank Letter of NEET UG Exam
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
Patna Medical College MD, MS and PD Diploma Full-Time Admission 2020
|Name of the course ||M.S / M.D / PG Diploma |
|Mode of instruction ||On campus |
|Mode of application||Online |
|Intake ||20 seats|
|Cut off ||General Category - 50% in MBBS Reserved Category - 40% in MBBS|
At postgraduate level, Patna Medical College offers a 3 year full time MD program. THe program is offered in the following specializations:
|General Medicine||Radio Diagnosis ||Psychiatry ||Biochemistry |
|Community Medicine ||Physiology ||Microbiology ||Anatomy |
|Forensic Medicine and Toxicology ||Dermatology ||Pathology ||Pharmacology |
The institute also offers a 3 year MS program in General Surgery and ENT.
The Patna Medical College also offers a 2 year Post graduate diploma program in the following specializations:
|Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation||Clinical Pathology||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||Child Health|
The applicant should have passed Graduation and a bachelor's degree in Medicine (MBBS) from a Recognised University.
Admission to PG Courses will be granted on the basis of NEET PG Score. Candidates having a valid score in NEET PG are required to register for the Counselling process.
Patna Medical College NEET Counselling 2020
Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
How To Apply for Postgraduate Courses?
- Fill PMC application form and indicate personal details and course preference
- Pay the required application fee.
- Complete the application process.
- Candidates are required to appear for the counselling process in order to secure the admission at Patna Medical College.
- MBBS Certificate
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet
- Medical Registration Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Photo identity proof in the form of certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied
- Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counseling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt (if applicable)
- 8 Passport size Photographs
Ques. Is there an entrance exam to study MBBS in Patna Medical College?
Ans. No, PMC doesn’t have entrance exams of its own and admits students according to their NEET scores.
Ques. Does Patna Medical College have an alumni association?
Ans. There is an alumni association in the college which keeps track of all the alumni in the PMC network.
Ques. How is the faculty in Patna Medical College?
Ans. All faculty in Patna Medical College are doctors and certified medical teachers.
Ques. Does Patna Medical College provide student loans or scholarships?
Ans. The Patna Medical College is government aided and its students can avail loans and scholarships offered by state or central government.
Ques. Does Patna Medical College have clinical posting?
Ans. PMC provides clinical posting at the end of the MBBS course after the internship. It includes ward teaching on patients admitted in the hospital.
Ques. Are the internships stipend?
Yes, students from Patna Medical College earned a stipend between INR 15,000 to INR 20,000. Informatioan Source
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College