Dinabandhu Andrews College, established in 1956, is a private co-educational institute located in West Bengal and affiliated to the University of Calcutta. The college offers courses in science, arts and commerce streams in various specializations along with a few general courses. The institute offers courses at both UG and PG level. The admission process is completely merit based and admission applications have to be submitted online which is followed by an offline counselling process.
Dinabandhu Andrews College, West Bengal Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1956 | Private|
|Courses offered||UG and PG across 3 streams|
|Popular courses||B.Sc., M.Sc.|
|Admission criteria||Merit based|
|Top recruiters||Wipro, TCS, Tech - Mahindra, Kotak etc.|
|Campus area||8215 square metres|
|Facilities available||Free WiFi, modern laboratories, playground, library|
|Official website||DAC West Bengal|
Dinabandhu Andrews College, West Bengal Courses
|Course||Specializations||Eligibility||Selection Criteria||Total Intake|
|BA||General||10+2 from a recognized university||Merit based (marks scored by the student in the best four subjects in the final board exams conducted by West Bengal Council for Higher Education/ CBSE/ ICSE or any other recognized board will be considered)||571|
|M.Sc||Zoology||B.Sc Zoology||Merit Based||55|
|Electronics Science||B.Sc. Physics/ Electronics Science||24|
Read More: DAC Courses & Fees
Dinabandhu Andrews College, West Bengal Admissions
- The institute has an annual intake of approximately 1000 students for the undergraduate program.
- For UG courses, candidates are shortlisted with respect to their performance in HSC examinations conducted by West Bengal Council for Higher Education/ CBSE/ ICSE or any other recognized board.
- However, the applicant must have secured an aggregate of at least 50% in the board examination and a minimum of 55% in the subject for which he / she wants to seek admission.
- The admissions to the postgraduate program are completely merit based which is then followed by a combined counseling conducted along with the University of Calcutta.
- Around 40% of the seats are reserved for the students that are admitted on the basis of their score in the qualifying examination.
How to Apply?
Given below are the steps that need to be followed in order to apply for admission to Dinabandhu Andrews College :
- The student needs to visit the official website of Dinabandhu Andrews College.
- The student then need to select the UG/PG Admissions link under the dropdown list inside the Admissions Notification section which can be found on the home page.
- The student will find a link for applications at the end of the notice.
- Open the link and fill all the personal and academic mandatory information.
- The student can now proceed to pay the application fees through the payment gateway by clicking on the payment link. The application fee for the undergraduate courses is INR 150 and the payment of fees can be done using any method that the student desires to use (Net Banking / Credit / Debit Cards).
Read More: DAC Admission
Dinabandhu Andrews College, West Bengal Placements
Dinabandhu Andrews College also has a placement cell which provides proper assistance and guidance to its students for placements. The highest salary package being INR 1.71 Lakhs and average being INR 1.51 Lakhs. Some of the top recruiters are Wipro, Cognizant, TCS, Tech - Mahindra, Kotak etc.
Read More: DAC Placement
Dinabandhu Andrews College, West Bengal Scholarships
The institute itself does not provide any scholarship to its students. However, students can apply for bank loan facilities or state govt. Scholarship schemes.
Read More: DAC Scholarships
Dinabandhu Andrews College, West Bengal Facilities
- Hostel: The college provides separate hostels for boys and girls along with individual rooms for each student.
- WiFi: 24/7 high speed WiFi connectivity is provided to the students.
Other facilities provided to the students include canteen, sports playgrounds, transport facility, auditorium, smart classroom, music room, computer lab, parking, cafeteria, yoga room, conference hall, a grand library and laboratories for respective fields of study.
Read More: DAC Facilities
Dinabandhu Andrews College, West Bengal Faculty
Dinabandhu Andrews College boasts of a large faculty team of highly qualified exceptional professors that continue to impart valuable knowledge to the students of the institute. A large number of them are Ph.D. holders. Following is a list of a few of them :
- Smt. Phalguni Gupta(M.Sc, Ph.D. Physics): Assistant Professor
- Sri Rajesh Bera(M.Sc, Ph.D Chemistry): Assistant Professor
- Sri Tarun Pradhan(M.Sc, Ph.D Mathematics): Assistant Professor
- Sri Tridibendra N. Chattopadhyay(M.Sc, Ph.D Electronics): Assistant Professor
- Smt. Sikha Bhowmik(MA, B.Ed): Assistant Professor
Read More: DAC Faculty
Dinabandhu Andrews College, West Bengal FAQs
Ques. How to reach the campus of Dinabandhu Andrews College?
Ques. How is the infrastructure of DAC West Bengal?
Ques. When is the counselling process for admission to DAC West Bengal conducted?
Ques. How good are the placements at Dinabandhu Andrews College?
Ques. What does Dinabandhu Andrews College have that no other college has?
Ques. Does Dinabandhu Andrews College require a test to prove proficiency in English?
Ques. Does Dinabandhu Andrews College provide scholarships to meritorious students?
Ques. Is it worth joining Dinabandhu Andrews College as it is a private institute? Should I join a government institute instead?
Ques. How good are the professors at Dinabandhu Andrews College?