Silchar Medical College - [SMC] Quick Updates
Silchar Medical College (SMC) is a government college located in Silchar in Assam. It was founded with a mission to render its medical services to the ailing community of the neighbouring states which are major northeastern states. It had the vision to permeate the medicinal knowledge and studies to the students signifying the welfare of humankind. It also believes in a society free from disease by providing the medical knowledge to the students which lead to the advantage of humanity. Admissions to the college are done on the basis of the score of NEET exam.
Facts and Figures of Silchar Medical College, Silchar, Assam
Year of Establishment
Assam University, SS University of Health Science.
How to reach
Lies in the southern part of Silchar
Silchar Medical College Courses
Students are given proper education and training regarding medical science in order to foster and precede their career in the medical field. Currently, the college undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses to the students. Mentioned below are the details for the same:
- UG Degree: Bachelor of Medical and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- PG Degree: Doctorate of Medicine (MD) and Master of Surgery (MS)
- PG Diploma: Psychiatry, Psychological Medicine, Opthalmology.
Check here Silchar Medical College Courses & Fee
Silchar Medical College Facilities
This medical college is equipped with standard facilities in order to provide the best services to its students such a well furnished and spacious lecture rooms, huge auditorium, hostel facility for the students, Common rooms, well-stocked library with diverse collection of reference books, magazines, journals and newspaper, scientific labs, computer labs and cafeteria facility to provide snacks and beverages. Some other facilities are:
- Hostel: SMC is a residential college having accommodation for both male and female students. The hostel is well-furnished with all the basic necessities like a dining hall, gym, study rooms, TV rooms and many more. It has a capacity of 450 boys and 270 girls. The college has separate hostel facility for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Library: The college has a central library with an area of 1800 sq. m. Students and staff members can easily access resources anytime. Being a medical college, SMC has been connected to the National Medical Library ERMED Consortium with the access of 239 Online Medical Journals.
Check here Silchar Medical College Admissions 2020
- Faculty: Silchar Medical College is equipped with well qualified and dedicated faculty who are ready to impart the minds of an individual with genuine medical education and make them prepare for the challenges in the medical field. These faculty members keep the individual updated with the latest technological changes in the field of medical science which ultimately helps the students in knowing about the advancement in medical science. They always stress the quality education so that students can grasp pure education provided here and serve the society with required medical services.
- Hospital: The college has a hospital where students can learn and practice so many things under the shadow of well-specialized doctors and experts. Teachers here are stressing on the practical knowledge rather than proving theoretical knowledge.