Fatima College is one of the premier educational institutions for women located in Madurai. It is an autonomous college and affiliated with Madurai Kamaraj University. The College was established by the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Lyons. It was set up with an aim of promoting education for women. The college provides education in various UG, PG and research courses.
Academic excellence is possible with students pursuing various disciplines. The College is known for offering an excellent education, innovative course curriculum, research potential, excellent infrastructure and placement opportunities. The College admits students irrespective of their caste, creed and religion.
Rev. Sr. Rose Benedict
|Type of Institute||Private|
NAAC with Grade ‘A’
195 Teaching Staff and 96 Non-Teaching Staff
Mary Land Madurai - 625018 Tamil Nadu, India
How to Travel
- 5.1 Km from Sellur Road, Palam Railway Station
- 10 minutes distance from Thataneri Road
The institute offers the variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs in multiple disciplines. The duration of UG, PG and research courses is varied. The table below represents the category wise number of courses.
Number of courses
Read more about Fatima College Courses and Fee Structure
Fatima College, Madurai offers various UG courses viz. B.A., B.Sc., B.Com, B.B.A and B.C.A under different specializations. The basic eligibility to apply for any UG program is class 12 in relevant stream. The selection is strictly based on the merit of last qualifying examination. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their marks are only considered for admission process.
The institute offers MBA (2 years – 4 semesters), MCA (3 years - 6 Semesters) and M.Sc. (2 years – 4 semesters) programs at postgraduate level. It offers MBA program in 6 specializations namely- Marketing, Finance, System, Production, Human Resource Management and Hospital Management.
The minimum eligibility to apply for these programs is bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with at least 50% marks. The selection process consists of entrance exam followed by group discussion and interview round. Eligible candidates need to appear for any of the entrance exams such as TANCET, MAT, CAT, CMAT etc. Based on entrance test score, meritorious candidates will be called for group discussion and interview round.
NOTE: Admission to M.Sc. program is done on the basis of UG merit and personal interview round.
Those who wish to apply for Ph.D. or M.Phil. program must have master’s degree in relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks. Selection for Ph.D. program is done through GATE/ UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET/ JRF score while for M.Phil. program, students are exempted from appearing any entrance exam.
Know more Fatima College Admission Process
The college provides excellent placement and training opportunities for its students. After assessing the caliber of the students, the training and placement cell at the college, appropriate training and placement is provided to the students matching their abilities and strengths. The students are also exposed to the current job market that helps the students to gear up for the future placement opportunities. Top recruiters coming for placement are Wipro, CTS, TCS, IBM, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, TIME etc.
Also Check Fatima College Placement
The college provides various government and state government scholarship. Students wishing to apply for any scholarship are advised to check the eligibility criteria prescribed by the college. Fatima College Scholarships list is mentioned below.
1. End to end Infrastructural amenities - The College offers excellent infrastructure like Canteen, state of the art library, hostels, Research cell, Net Caching Center, Consumer Club, Human Rights Cell, high-end transportation facilities, various sports-related activities and infrastructures like grounds and sports equipment.
2. Ensuring Excellence in Education - Initiating with a century of experience in the field of education, the college is relentlessly striving hard to bring about excellence in education, especially for the women. Holistic education based on strong moral values is imparted to the students.
3. Very supportive and experienced faculties - The College offers an excellent education with the help of highly qualified and experienced faculty members in various disciplines.