Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU), established in 1966, is one of the oldest universities in the country covering four districts of Madurai, Virudhunagar, Dindugal, and Theni for its regular academic program. It has 20 Schools, 77 Departments, 14 centers, 98 Affiliated Colleges working under it. Also, it has 15 approved Institutions. MKU Madurai offers PG and Doctoral courses such as MA, M.Sc, M.Com, M.Li.I.Sc, M.Ed, M.P.Ed, MBA, MCA, etc.
MKU DDE Admission 2021: The application deadline for UG/PG Admission has been extended till April 30, 2021. Eligible candidates can visit the official website to apply for the same.
MKU Important Admission Date
|Apply for B.Voc Aquaculture||Oct 3, 2020|
|Last Date for applying to B.Voc Aquaculture||Oct 27, 2020|
|Last Date for Applying to UG and PG course||Nov 30, 2020|
Admission to most of the courses is entrance-based, whereas, for courses such as MA & M.Sc (some discipline)/ M.Li.I.Sc/ M.Com, the admission given on the basis of merits in the previous qualifying examination. The university also offered two integrated programs, namely, BBA+MBA and B.Tech+M.Tech, admission to these courses is also merit-based. To apply for admission at MKU Madurai, visit the official website and fill up the application form.
Madurai Kamaraj University Highlights
|Established | Type||1966 | State|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Doctoral|
|Admission criteria||Merit, Entrance, and Interview|
Madurai Kamaraj University Ranking
|NIRF||India Ranking 2020||84||2020|
Madurai Kamaraj University Courses
Some of the major courses offered by the Madurai Kamaraj University are given below:
|M.Com||B.Com degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate from a recognized university|
|MBA||Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university|
|M.Sc||B.Sc degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university|
|MCA||BCA degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university|
|MA||Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university|
|M.Phil||Postgraduate Degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university|
|Ph.D||Master's Degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university|
Also, Check MKU Fee Structure
Madurai Kamaraj University Admissions
MKU Admissions Application forms are available in the official MKU site or photocopies of the already downloaded application form can also be used. It is mandatory to fill the application form in English only.
- Separate application forms are available for different courses, accordingly, the form should be filled and sent.
- All the required documents must be photocopied and those photocopies must be attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- While sending the application form, two self-addressed, stamped envelopes each worth 10rs and two recent passport size photos should be enclosed in it.
- The demand draft must be drawn in favor of The Registrar, Madurai Kamaraj University payable at Madurai
- There is an exemption for SC/ ST from paying for the registration fee for one course.
Read More: Madurai Kamaraj University Admission
Madurai Kamaraj University Result
MKU follows the semester system for all its courses viz. Odd and Even semester. End semester examinations are generally conducted in December/ January for the odd semester and in the month of May/ June for even semesters. Results for the same are usually uploaded on the official university website within a month from the examinations.
Candidates can check their semester results for regular courses offered by MKU from the official university website by following the given steps:
- To begin with, students should log on to the official university website and hold the cursor over “Examinations” tab
- In the drop-down list, a candidate should click on the “Results” link
- In the next page, the candidate should select the desired link from UG and PG results
- Next, candidates will be asked to enter their registration number and click on “Get Result” button
- Subsequently, the candidate’s result instantly displayed on the screen which they can download and take a print out of it for future reference
Read More MKU Result
Madurai Kamaraj University DDE Results
- In addition to imparting essential quality education through regular mode, MKU also offers 23 UG, 21 PG, 44 PG Diploma, 21diploma, and 10 certificate programs under the Directorate of Distance Education through its various academic centers located in India as well as overseas.
- The Directorate of Distance Education, Madurai Kamaraj University announces the result for its distance learning courses on the official university website.
Madurai Kamaraj University Scholarships
The various kinds of scholarships that the university provides from the University Grants Commission (UGC) are
- Post-Metric National Scholarship for Disabilities
- Post-Metric National Scholarship for Minorities
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research Junior Research (CSIR)
- Tamil Nadu State BC/MBC/DNC Scholarship
- UGC-JRF/SRF, Indian Council of Social Science Research [ICCSR]
- Indian Council of Historical research [ICHR]
- Indian Council of Historical Research and more.
The Fellowships that the University provides are
- Lady Tata Memorial Trust fellowship
- Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research [INSPIRE] Fellowship
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST
Madurai Kamaraj University Facilities
- Library: The Central Library of the university has over 3,00,839 books, 114 Print Periodicals, National & International e-Journals. The library is well equipped with high speed one GBPS internet connection, INFONET center. It has also smart classrooms that are enhanced by ICT enabled teaching and learning system.
- Hostel: The university has five Men's Hostels and three Women's Hostels of its own. The students of Post Graduate programs, M.Phil program, and Research Scholars of University can avail the hostel facility here. The hostels are fully cleaned with all modern amenities and facilities.
Madurai Kamaraj University FAQ
Ques. What are the best MBA/ PGDM colleges under the affiliation of MKU Madurai?
Ans. Some of the best MBA/ PGDM colleges under the affiliation of MKU Madurai are:
- Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College- Read More
- R L Institute of Management Studies- Read More
- Institute of Cooperative Management- Read More
- Mount Carmel Institute of Management- Read More
- Subbalakshmi Lakshmipathy College of Science- Read More
- Fatima College- Read More
- Thiagarajar School of Management- Read More
- Virudhunagar Hindu Nadar’s Senthikumara Nadar College- Read More
Ques. Who are the top recruiters of MKU Madurai?
Ans. The top recruiters of MKU Madurai are:
|Syngene International Pvt. Ltd.||Hindustan Copper Ltd. (HCL)||Virtusa|
|ICICI Bank||ICICI Prudential||Reliance|
|NEST Technologies||Apollo Healthcare||SNL Financial|
Ques. How is Madurai Kamaraj University faculty?
Ans. The faculty members of the university are well-educated and specialized in their relevant fields. The majority of the faculty members hold a master’s degree in their respective subjects, whereas, the prominent faculty members hold a doctoral degree. The prominent faculty members have teaching experience of 4-26 years. The faculty members are specialized subjects such as Pheromones And Behavior Of Mammals, Cell Physiology, Cancer Biology, Medical & Environmental Biochemistry, Cancer Genetics, Cancer Genomics & Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, Immunology & Immunogenetics, Molecular Plant Pathology And Plant-Microbe Interaction NanoParticle Synthesis From Microbes And Their Antimicrobial Potential Against Plant And Human Pathogens, etc.
Read More: Madurai Kamaraj University Faculty
Ques. How are integrated programs at Madurai Kamaraj University?
Ans. The university offers two integrated programs, namely, BBA + MBA (Tourism and Hotel Management) and B.Tech + M.Tech (Film & Electronic Media Studies). The minimum eligibility required for the program is 50% marks in 10+2 from a recognized board. Students are shortlisted for admission on the basis of the same. Students scoring a good mark in 10+2 are welcomed to the university on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Check More: MKU Madurai BBA+MBA Integrated program
Ques. What subjects are offered for the Ph.D. program?
Ans. Subjects offered for the Ph.D. program at the university are English, Business Administration, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, Food & Nutrition, Microbiology, Tourism Management, Commerce, Education, Urdu, Immunology, Public Administration, Social Work, Tamil, Journalism & Mass Communication, English Literature, Physical Education, Animal Behaviour & Physiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Botany, Geography, Chemistry, History, Library & Information Science, Music, Plant Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology, Zoology, Islamic Studies, Malayalam, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Biology, French, Kannada, Linguistics, Rural Development, Sanskrit, Telugu, Energy Management, Genetics, Material Science, Natural Resources, Computer Applications, Comparative Religion, Genomics, Futures Studies, Vedangas, Saiva Siddhanta, Folklore Research, and Remote Sensing & Gis Applications.
Check More: Madurai Kamaraj University Ph.D. program
Ques. How many academic programs is the university running currently?
Ans. Madurai Kamaraj University offers 41 postgraduate, 35 M.Phil. and 17 Diploma / P.G. Diploma / Certificate courses in the various departments. Presently, 66 U.G. and 45 P.G. courses are offered in the affiliated Colleges. At present 2428 students and research, scholars are on the roll.
Ques. How is the MBA program at Madurai Kamaraj University?
Ans. The MBA program at Madurai Kamaraj University is specialized in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource, Systems, and Production. The university also conducts evening classes for students. Graduates with MBA degrees from MKU Madurai are placed in ICICI Bank, BNP Paribas, ICICI Prudential, Canon, HCL, Reliance, Arwood, Aachi, Bajaj Capital, etc. Admission to the program is based on national level examinations such as CAT, MAT, XAT, and TANCET.
Read More: Madurai Kamaraj University MBA
Ques. What is the fee structure for the international students at Madurai Kamaraj University?
Ans. The international students applying under Humanities, Social Science, and Language program in regular mode are required to pay INR 85,500 for the first-year and INR 58,500 for the second-year. Whereas, foreign students applying for M.Sc, M.Lib.I.Sc programs in regular mode are required to pay INR 1,46,700 for the first-year and INR 1,18,950 for the second-year.
Ques. Is Madurai Kamaraj a fake University?
Ans. No, MKU Madurai is not fake. The university is recognized by UGC and receives funds from UGC for its study projects. The university is ranked by NIRF, Outlook, and QS Asian rankings too.
Ques. What is the scope of MA in Linguistics from MKU Madurai?
Ans. Graduates with an MA in linguistics degree can apply for the following job positions:
|Job Position||Expected Salary Package|
|Dictionary Compiler||INR 5.20 LPA|
|Proofreader||INR 4 LPA|
|Teacher||INR 3.25 LPA|
|Linguist||INR 4.50 LPA|
|Speech Therapist||INR 6.5 LPA|