Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU) Quick Updates
May 21:MKU has released Revised Question Pattern for all PG Programmes. Check Here
May 20: TANCET 2020 Scorecard downloading date has been extended till May 23, 2020. Check here
April 15: Registration for the PG programs have begun. Click Here to Apply
Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU), established in 1966, is one of the oldest universities in the country covering four districts of Madurai, Virudhunagar, Dindugal, and Theni for its regular academic program. It is a statutory University-owned and funded by the Government of Tamil Nadu. The university holds the NIRF 2019 rank of 45 among all other universities of India.
|Accreditations||Grade A by NAAC|
|Courses||PG and Doctoral Programs and IAS Coaching|
It has 20 Schools, 77 Departments, 14 centers, 98 Affiliated Colleges working under it. Also, it has 15 approved Institutions. The university provides excellent academic curriculum and research facilities for its students. The university has also been awarded the status of University with Potential for Excellence by UGC.
Madurai Kamaraj University Courses
MKU offers 44 postgraduate, 40 M.Phil, 57 Ph.D. Programs, and 17 Diploma / P.G. Diploma / Certificate courses through 77 departments. Currently, a total of 4650 UG/PG students and research scholars are on the roll.
|M.Com||B.Com degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate from a recognized university|
|MBA||Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university|
|M.Sc||B.Sc degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university|
|MCA||BCA degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university|
|MA||Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university|
|M.Phil||Postgraduate Degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university|
|Ph.D||Master's Degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university|
Also, Check MKU Course and Fee Structure
Madurai Kamaraj University Admissions
MKU Admissions Application forms are available in the official MKU site or photocopies of the already downloaded application form can also be used. It is mandatory to fill the application form in English only.
- Separate application forms are available for different courses, accordingly, the form should be filled and sent.
- All the required documents must be photocopied and those photocopies must be attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- While sending the application form, two self-addressed, stamped envelopes each worth 10rs and two recent passport size photos should be enclosed in it.
- The demand draft must be drawn in favor of The Registrar, Madurai Kamaraj University payable at Madurai
- There is an exemption for SC/ST from paying for the registration fee for one course.
Read More MKU PG Admissions, MKU M.Phil Admissions, MKU Ph.D. Admissions, MKU Integrated MBA Admissions
Madurai Kamaraj University Result
MKU follows semester system for all its courses viz. Odd and Even semester. End semester examinations are generally conducted in December/ January for the odd semester and in the month of May/ June for even semesters. Results for the same are usually uploaded on the official university website within a month from the examinations.
Candidates can check their semester results for regular courses offered by MKU from the official university website by following the given steps:
- To begin with, students should log on to the official university website and hold the cursor over “Examinations” tab
- In the drop-down list, a candidate should click on the “Results” link
- In the next page, the candidate should select the desired link from UG and PG results
- Next, candidates will be asked to enter their registration number and click on “Get Result” button
- Subsequently, the candidate’s result instantly displayed on the screen which they can download and take a print out of it for future reference
Read More MKU Result
Madurai Kamaraj University DDE Results
- In addition to imparting essential quality education through regular mode, MKU also offers 23 UG, 21 PG, 44 PG Diploma, 21diploma, and 10 certificate programs under the Directorate of Distance Education through its various academic centers located in India as well as overseas.
- The Directorate of Distance Education, Madurai Kamaraj University announces the result for its distance learning courses on the official university website.
Read More Directorate of Distance Education, Madurai Kamaraj University
Madurai Kamaraj University Scholarships
The various kinds of scholarships that the university provides from University Grants Commission (UGC) are
- Post Metric National Scholarship for Disabilities
- Post Metric National Scholarship for Minorities
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research Junior Research (CSIR)
- Tamil Nadu State BC/MBC/DNC Scholarship
- UGC-JRF/SRF, Indian Council of Social Science Research [ICCSR]
- Indian Council of Historical research [ICHR]
- Indian Council of Historical Research and more.
The Fellowships that the University provides are
- Lady Tata Memorial Trust fellowship
- Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research [INSPIRE] Fellowship
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST
Madurai Kamaraj University Facilities
The Central Library of the university has over 3,00,839 books, 114 Print Periodicals, National & International e-Journals. The library is well equipped with high speed one GBPS internet connection, INFONET center. It has also smart classrooms that are enhanced by ICT enabled teaching and learning system.
Hostel The university has five Men's Hostels and three Women's Hostels of its own. The students of Post Graduate programs, M.Phil program and Research Scholars of University can avail the hostel facility here. The hostels are fully cleaned with all modern amenities and facilities.