Established in the year 1953 and run by the Sisters of St. Joseph’s Society of Lyons, Fatima College is a catholic minority institution situated in Madurai, Tamil Nadu. Affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University, the college offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
The college offers several UG courses viz. B.A. in 7 disciplines, B.Sc in 8 specializations, B.Com, B.B.A. and B.C.A. In addition to it, the institute also offers postgraduate programs such as M.B.A., M.C.A. along with M.A. in 4 streams, M.Sc. 6 disciplines, M.Com. and MSW. Along with UG and PG courses, the college also offers M.Phil and Ph.D programs.
- The college conducts offline mode of admission.
- Selection of the candidates is done on the basis of merit and performance in personal interview.
- For admission to UG Courses, candidates are required to have passed 10+2 in relevant subjects from any recognized board.
- Selection of the candidates to MBA is based on CAT/ MAT/ CMAT scores
- For admission to MBA, candidates should possess bachelor’s degree in relevant field with minimum 50% marks from any recognized university
- Admission to M.C.A. and M.Sc. (IT & Mgmt.) requires a bachelor’s degree with Mathematics at 10+2 level with at least 50% marks.
- Selection of the candidates to M.C.A. and M.Sc. (IT & Mgmt.) is based on TANCET score.
- Candidates applying for M.Phil and Ph.D programs must possess Master’s degree in relevant subjects with minimum 55% marks.
- Candidates are shortlisted for M.Phil on the basis of merit while in case of Ph.D, students have to qualify GATE/ UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET/ JRF.
Fatima College Highlight Table 2021
|Name of the College||Fatima College|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance-based – M.B.A./ M.C.A./ M.Sc. (IT & M)/ Ph.D Merit-based – UG/ PG/ M.Phil|
|Name of the Entrance||CAT/ GMAT/ CMAT – MBA
GATE/ UGC-NET – Ph.D
|Entrance Mode||Offline and online|