Anand Institute of Higher Technology, Chennai was established in 2000. It is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai, and all the courses at AIHT are approved by AICTE. AIHT is a sister university of Kalasalingam University.
It has three educational departments i.e. Engineering, Architecture, and Management. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses. UG courses are offered by the Engineering and Architecture department. Whereas PG courses are offered by the Engineering and Management departments.
The top recruiters of AIHT Chennai are Byjus, Infosys, Wipro, TCS, L&T Infotech, etc.
The facilities at AIHT are separate boys and girls hostel, canteen, gym, sports, courier, bank, ATM, medical centre, and stationary. The institute also offers scholarships.
AIHT Chennai Highlights 2020
|Established | Institute Type||2000 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Anna University (AU), Chennai|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Sister University of||Kalasalingam University, Krishnankovil|
|Entrance Exam||TNEA, TANCET|
|Courses Offered||B.E., B.Tech., B.Arch, M.E., M.Tech., MBA|
|Popular Courses||B.E., M.E., M.Tech, MBA|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based and Entrance-Based followed by Counseling|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, Hexaware, Infosys, Cognizant, TCS, Byju's, Justdial|
|Campus Area||25 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Laboratories, Internet access, Sports|
AIHT Chennai Ranking, Awards, and Achievements
- It secured 27th rank in "Ranking of Colleges based on Academic Performance", conducted by the Anna University of Technology, Chennai.
- All the courses at AIHT are approved by AICTE. It has obtained 20th rank in All India AICTE - Cii Survey of Industry linked Institutions.
- The institute is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institution.
- The students of AIHT won various National Awards in National Level Events like ECO CART, CART BAJA, and IBM Great Mind Challenge. Students have also been awarded the Hon'ble Chief Minister Award for brilliant performance in e-Governance at State-level.
- The institute has been awarded Rs. 1,25,00,000 for Research & Development Department and Entrepreneurship Department by DRDO, AICTE, DST, MSME, and EDI Tamilnadu and Ahmedabad.
- It has received "Best Teaching Awards in Engineering " by Staffordshire University and Education Matters for the academic year 2018-19.
- AIHT has been awarded for excellence in making the students rank among the top 50 Anna University colleges.
AIHT Chennai Courses
Anand Institute of Higher Technology, Chennai offers courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level. It includes 4 years B.E. program with 5 specializations, 4 years B.Tech program with 3 specializations, a 5-year B.Arch program, 2-year M.E. program with 3 specializations, and a 2-years-long MBA program. The course details are as follows:
|Course||Specializations||Duration||Basic Eligibility Criteria|
|B.E.||Civil Engineering||4 Years||10+2 with 50% from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as Subjects|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|B.Tech.||Artificial Intelligence & Data Science||4 Years||10+2 with 50% from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as Subjects|
|B.Arch.||Architecture||5 Years||10+2 with Valid Marks from a Recognized Board|
|M.E.||Computer Integrated Manufacturing||2 Years||Graduation with 50% + TANCET|
|MBA||General||2 Years||Graduation with 50% + TANCET|
Read More: AIHT Chennai Courses & Fee
AIHT Chennai Admissions
The admissions to undergraduate courses are based on merit obtained by the students in the 10+2 level examination along with the TNEA counseling.
For the admissions of postgraduate courses, the selection criteria will be the TANCET exam conducted by Anna University. Candidates will have to register themselves for TANCA counseling and appear in the same.
For MBA admission, CAT/MAT score can also be considered. The candidates holding valid scores in CAT/MAT can directly apply for TANCA Counseling.
How to Apply?
The students seeking admission to the Anand Institute of Higher Technology can apply online for both UG and PG courses. For the UG courses, they will be required to apply for TNEA counseling, and for the PG courses, they would need to apply for TANCET.
Application to UG Courses:
- Visit the official website of TNEA.
- Click on Registration to get yourself registered and generate the login ID.
- Log in to your TNEA account and proceed for filling the application form.
- Provide all the mandatory data.
- Select your preferred TNEA Facilitation Center for Documents Verification procedure.
- Pay the application fee of INR 500 if you belong to the general category and INR 250 if you belong to the SC/SCA/ST category.
- A pdf will be received by you through the TNEA Application Processing System.
- Print it out and attach your recent passport size photo.
- This form has to be submitted at the TFC for verification purposes.
Application to PG Courses:
- Go to the website of TANCET.
- Register and provide the necessary data.
- Fill the application form with the required information.
- Upload the scanned copy of mandatory documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Review the form and take a printout.
Read More: AIHT College Admission 2020
AIHT Chennai Placement
Anand Institute of Higher Technology has a Training and Placement Cell to guide students in career opportunities. They conduct training programs and employment bridging courses. For placement, it conducts On/Pool campus recruitment processes. The institute has an unmatched placement record. The average package offered to the students is 2.5 Lakh per annum.
In 2019, 48 companies participated in AIHT Campus Placement and 481 students were placed.
Placement session of 2019-2020 is still running with 167 offers already received by the students.
The top recruiters of AIHT Chennai are Byjus, Infosys, Wipro, TCS, L&T Infotech, Cognizant, Syntel, Mphasis, Convergys, CSS Corp, Spider, NCR, Sutherland, Zoho, DeltaX, Just Dial, Sopra Steria, and MK Auto Components.
Read More: AIHT College Placement
AIHT Chennai Scholarship
The institute offers scholarships by coordination with BC/MBC Welfare Board, Minority Welfare Board, SC/ST Welfare Board, and Labor Department.
While SC/ST students can apply for the Scholarship by Government through Minority Welfare Board, BC/MBC candidates can apply for Scholarship at the beginning of the academic year and can continue to benefit till the final year. Some of them are:
- Under the Labor Welfare Board, candidates from the ward of Beedi Workers, Cine Field are eligible.
- Students who obtain 955 marks out of 1200 in higher secondary education from the Tamilnadu State Board Exam will be provided INR 10000/- Per Year until they finish the course. It is provided through the Human Resource Development, Central Sector Scheme.
Read More: AIHT College Scholarship
AIHT Chennai Facilities
Anand Institute of Higher Technology is well-appointed with all the necessary facilities for a student. The facility details can be understood as explained below:
- Hostel: The college has two in-house hostels. The hostel for boys and girls is separated. The students who study in UG and PG in AIHT can apply for hostel accommodation. The student capacity of each hostel is about 450 students. They are well-equipped with major hostel amenities. Moreover, a college van is also provided in case of any emergency for the hoteliers.
- Gym: There is a gym for both of the hostels' students. This gym has all the major exercising gear. Students can develop their fitness at the gym.
- Sports: AIHT is renowned for excellence in Sports. Indoor sports, as well as outdoor sports, facilities are available. Indoor sports include Table Tennis, Carrom, Chess, Badminton, and Basketball while outdoor sports include Cricket, Football, Volleyball, Ball Badminton, and Track & Field. The students play at State and National level sports events.
- Canteen: The institute, AIHT has a spacious and hygiene canteen. It serves fresh snacks, coffee, tea, and cold drinks to the students and college staff.
- Transport: For the students who require transportation facilities, AIHT is good at that too. It provided bus services from the major routes.
- Bank: At the entrance of the college, it has an Indian bank. Having a nearby bank saves the time and energy of students. ATM services are also available.
- Stationery: A stationery shop is located just near to the college. A variety of snacks are also available at this shop.
- Medical Center: The college has an in-house Medical Center.
AIHT Chennai Faculty
AIHT is a proud owner of over 200 brilliant faculties. Most of the facilities here are Ph.D. holders. Moreover, they are very kind and generous. They always help students and guide them in any possible way. The founder of Anand Institute of Higher Technology is Kalvivallal Shri. T. Kalassalingam and the chairman is Seva Ratna Shri Dr. K.Sridharan.
Additional faculty members are as follows:
- Dr. Shasi Anand Sridharan: CEO
- Mr. Arjun: Director
- Dr. P. Suresh Mohan Kumar: Principal
- Dr. Mrs. S. Arivalagi: Secretary
Read More: AIHT Chennai Faculty
AIHT Chennai FAQs
Ques. Admission to UG and PG courses at Anand Institute of Higher Technology is merit-based or entrance-based?
The admission to PG courses is strictly entrance-based.
Ques. Are the eligibility criteria for UG courses different for the general category and other categories students to get admission in AIHT?
Ques. What is the application fee of AIHT?
The application fee for PG courses is INR 5300/- for general category and INR 1150/- for SC/ST categories.
Ques. What are the entrance exams accepted by AIHT Chennai?
Ques. What documents are required during admission?
- Mark Sheets of class 10th and 12th.
- Graduation Mark Sheet and Degree Certificate.
- Scorecard of TANCET/GATE/CAT/MAT.
- Transfer Certificate
- Experience Certificate (if applicable)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)