Fatima Mata National College is an institute located in Kollam, Kerala, which provides courses in Science, Arts, Commerce, and Self-finance. Established in 1951, the institute offers courses at both the U.G. and the P.G. level, and admission to all the courses is made purely based on merit. The college is affiliated to the University of Kerala and has been accredited by the NAAC with an excellent grade A. Apart from this, AICTE has also recognized the institute. The selection process depends on the candidate's score in their last qualifying examination, given that the basic eligibility criteria are satisfied. For U.G. courses, candidates need to have passed their 10+2 examinations, and for P.G. courses, graduation is necessary.
The college has many facilities for the well-being of its students and provides scholarships to meritorious and deserving candidates. Furthermore, the institute consistently ranks amongst the country's top colleges and is known for the excellent quality of education provided.
Fatima Mata National College Highlights
Tabulated below are all the admission highlights along with some other key details for this institute:
|Name of the Institute||Fatima Mata National College|
|Institute Type||Private (Self-finance)|
|Affiliated to||Kerala University (KU)|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc, Ba, MA, M.Sc|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-based|
|Facilities||Library, Food Court, Research Centre, Gardens, Playgrounds, etc.|
|Official College Website||http://fmnc.ac.in/|
Fatima Mata National College Achievements
- The college was ranked 83rd in the NIRF Rankings for the year 2019 and 100th for the year 2020.
- The institute has been accredited with an excellent grade of A by the NAAC.
- Most downloaded article on Elsevier Journals has been written by one of the institute's professors.
- The institute bagged the Silver Zone title in IAB Blind Empowerment champions.
Fatima Mata National College Courses
The institute provides courses in Science, Arts, Commerce, and Self Finance fields at the U.G. and P.G. level. Admission to all the courses is made purely based on merit and depends on the candidate's score in the last qualifying examination. Tabulated below are all the course details and eligibility criteria:
|Course Name||Specialization||Seats Intake||Basic Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|B.A.||Economics||140||3 Years||Pass in 10+2 with relevant subjects from a recognized board.||Merit list prepared by the college based on the qualifying exam.|
|English Language and Literature||65|
|Malayalam Language and Literature||65|
|B.A. (Self Finance)||English Language and Literature & Communication||60|
|B.Com. (Self Finance)||Co-operation||60|
|BCA (Self Finance)||-||35||3 Years|
|M.A.||English Language and Literature||26||2 Years||Pass in B.A. or equivalent examination from a recognized university.||Based on merit in the qualifying examination.|
|Malayalam Language and Literature||20|
|M.Sc.||Psychology||15||2 Years||B.Sc. degree in relevant subjects.|
|M.Com||Commerce||26||2 Years||B.Com or equivalent examination.|
Fatima Mata National College Admissions 2020
The institute provides online registration forms for candidates looking to seek admission into the college. The application procedure for various courses is common and candidates should follow the steps as mentioned below:
- First, visit the official website of the college and click on the ‘online admission’ button.
- Then read the instructions as displayed on the web page.
- After that, duly fill- the admission form as mentioned in the instructions.
- Click on the ‘Confirm’ button after filling the application form and then download or take a print out of the same.
- Next, pay the application fees of:
- UG: INR 300 (General) and INR 150 (For SC/ST)
- PG: INR 500 (for General) and INR 200 (for SC/ST) through the online payment modes available.
- The college will upload the merit list on the website and the candidates will be notified of the same.
- Once the merit list has been uploaded on the website, the candidates need to visit the college with the requisite documents.
- Candidates need to bring their admission form, registration fee receipt, self-attested photocopies and originals of the following documents for verification purpose:
- Candidate's 10th and 10+2-mark sheets along with the passing certificate.
- Candidate's Migration and Character Certificate.
- Candidate's Caste certificate (OBC/SC/ ST), if applicable.
- Candidate's Age proof/ Admit card of M.P. or equivalent examination.
- Candidate's 5 Passport sized colored photographs.
- Candidate's Medical Certificate.
Read more: Fatima Mata National College Admissions 2020
Fatima Mata National College Placements
The college has an excellent placement cell which provides training and guidance to students for their placement journey. The college doesn't offer many placement opportunities or campus recruitment options for Arts and Science students. The placement scenario is slightly better for the Commerce section, with several reputed companies from banking sectors coming for on-campus recruitments. Moreover, the college also doesn't provide internship opportunities for its students.
Read more: Fatima Mata National College Placements
Fatima Mata National College Faculty
The college has an excellent faculty that guides and mentors the students at every stage of their college life. Most of the faculty have PhDs and are well versed with their areas of expertise in theoretical as well as practical aspects. The faculty constantly motivates the students and also organizes several webinars on important social issues to keep the students well informed and aware.
The college is run and administered by the Latin Catholic Community under the visionary guidance and leadership of Rt Rev. Dr Paul Antony Mullassery, Bishop of Quilon. The principal of the college is Dr Vincent B. Netto.
Read more: Fatima Mata National College Faculty
Fatima Mata National College Scholarships
The institute provides several scholarship schemes to deserving and meritorious candidates based on government norms. Listed below are all the scholarships available for eligible students:
- Post Matric Scholarship
- Central Sector Scholarship
- State Merit Scholarship
- District Merit Scholarship (DMS)
- Merit Scholarship to the Children of School Teachers (MSCT)
- Muslim Nadar Girls Scholarship (MNS)
- Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship (SJMS)
- C. H. Muhammedkoya Scholarship (MGS)
- Blind/P.H. Scholarship (BPHFC)
- Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
- Scholarship for development of Jawans (JS)
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Renewal
- KSHE - Scholarship
Read more: Fatima Mata National College Scholarships
Fatima Mata National College Facilities
The institute provides many facilities for the well-being of its students and makes their lives on campus much more comfortable and efficient. Listed below are some of the many facilities offered by the institute:
- Food Court: A newly constructed food court provides traditional Kerala dishes like fish curry, biryani, and much more.
- Research Centre: Research departments have rooms with all the necessary facilities and equipment.
- Playgrounds: The institute has three separate grounds for all sorts of sporting activities.
- Aesthetics and Gardens: The campus has an excellent green cover with lots of gardens and trees, giving an overall good vibe.
Fatima Mata National College FAQs
Ques. Does Fatima Mata National College, Kollam, provide any seat reservations?
Ans. Yes, the college does offer seat reservations to eligible candidates. Tabulated below are all the categories and details involved:
|Open quota (General)||40%|
|Scheduled caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (S.T.)||5%|
|Community quota (CC) (Latin Catholics)||20%|
|Management quota (M.Q.)||20%|
Ques. What are the various Student Support Schemes offered by Fatima Mata National College, Kollam?
Ans. The institute provides several Student Support Schemes for its students who can easily opt for them. Listed below are some of the schemes:
- UGC Funded Special Schemes for students from SC/ST/ Minority Communities/OBC
- Coaching for Civil Service Examinations
- Coaching in Foreign Languages
- BEC/TKT Courses of Cambridge University
- Diploma in Practical Accounting and Tax Practicing
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Ques. What are the various fields in which Fatima Mata National College, Kollam, provides research facilities?
Ans. The institute offers research facilities in the following streams:
Ques. What were the various events conducted by Fatima Mata National College, Kollam, recently?
Ans. The institute conducts several events and seminars regularly on the campus. Listed below are some of the many events hosted by the institute:
- Webinar on "Abuse of Drugs & Overcoming Addiction"
- Webinar on "The seven rainbow rules for health and longevity."
- International Yoga Day 2020 -Webinar on "Happiness and success through Yoga."
- Webinar on "Society and Adulthood"
- Webinar on "Yoga Prescription on COVID-19"
Ques. What are the various student clubs present at Fatima Mata National College, Kollam?
Ans. The institute has many student clubs spread across different areas like:
- Literary and Debate Club
- Media and Radio Club
- Science Club
- Environment Club
- Theatre and Film Club
- Performing Arts Club
- Sports Club