Basaveshwar Engineering College (BEC) is an autonomous institute established in the year1963 at Bagalkot, Karnataka. It is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, and has been approved by AICTE. The institute offers B.Tech at the UG level, M.Tech, MCA, MBA at the PG level, and Ph.D. at the doctoral level. It has a dedicated placement cell to provide the students with employment opportunities in reputed companies.
BEC Bagalkot Highlights
|Established in | Institute Type||1963 | Private|
|Affiliation||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Exam|
|Campus Area||91 acres|
BEC Bagalkot Courses
Basaveshwar Engineering College offers the following courses at the UG, PG, Doctoral level:
Read More: BEC Bagalkot Courses and Fees
BEC Bagalkot Admission
Admission to Basaveshwar Engineering College is based on merit as well as rank scored in the qualifying exam. The admission criteria for different courses are mentioned below:
- UG Admission: Admission is done on the basis of a merit list prepared based on marks in the qualifying exam and KCET. Admission to the B.E. degree courses is also given on the basis of JEE Main and COMED-K.
- PG Admission: Admission to the M.Tech, MBA, or MCA is required to appear in the PGCET. In the case of M.Tech, preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates. However, if non-availability of GATE qualified candidates occur, seat allotment will be made to non-GATE candidates based on the merit list of PGCET. Valid scores in CAT/MAT/CMAT will also be considered for admission.
- Ph.D. Admission: Selection to the Ph.D. course is granted on the basis of VRAT (VTU Research Aptitude Test) which is conducted by Visvesvaraya Technological University and followed by an interview. Candidates with a valid score in UGC / UGC-CSIR JRF / SLET / GATE / NET or any other National Test are exempted from VRAT.
Read More: BEC Bagalkot Admission
BEC Bagalkot Placements
The college has a functioning Training and Placement Cell which organizes resourceful activities to help students prepare for their future careers. Such activities include organizing mock interviews, career guidance programs, aptitude tests, and so on. The college also has tie-ups with India Career Portal to assist students to find jobs as well as to enhance their career planning skills.
Some of the companies that have visited the college for campus recruitments are HCL, Wipro, Apollo Tyres, Tech-Mahindra, Caritor, Hewlett Packard, SLK-Soft, Integra Micro, etc.
Read More: BEC Bagalkot Placements
BEC Bagalkot Facilities
- Hostel: The Institute has 2 separate hostels for boys and girls which can accommodate 1500 students
- Library: It has a library and an Information Centre with over 1 lakh volumes and 800 journals
- Sports: The institute has an indoor stadium and 6 acres for sporting activities for the fitness and physical activities of students
- Wi-Fi: The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled with 20Mbps internet connectivity
- Cafeteria: The college also provides its students with a canteen which provides nutritious food
- Campus clinic: The college also has a medical clinic for its students to take care of in case of emergency or any health issue.
- Laboratories: It is equipped with state of the art laboratories and 1200 computers
Read More: BEC Bagalkot Hostel
BEC Bagalkot FAQs
Ques. What is the location of BEC Bagalkot?
Ans. The college is located on elevated land on the outskirts of the city which is near New Bagalkot Town. The exact address of the college is Vidayagiri, Bagalkot, Karnataka- 587102.
Ques. What is the intake for B.E (Civil Engineering) at BEC Bagalkot?
Ans. The intake in the college for Civil Engineering at present is limited to 120.
Ques. What is the fee structure for MBA at BEC Bagalkot?
Ans. The fee structure for the MBA program in Besaveshwar Engineering College is Rs. 50,000 + VTU Fees + other Fees.
Ques. Does BEC Bagalkot have a good infrastructure?
Ans. The infrastructure of the college is good. There is a lot of greenery in and around the campus. Each department has Air-conditioned seminar halls, it has an auditorium with a capacity of 1500 as well as an open-air theatre, and the library is also resourceful.
Ques. Is the faculty at BEC Bagalkot good?
Ans. Yes. The faculty at BEC is well qualified and knowledgeable. Many of the faculty members have received their degrees from highly reputed institutes such as IITs and NITs. The professors remain updated in terms of relevance in the curriculum. The students also find them quite helpful.