Dr. Mahalingam College of Engineering & Technology (MCET) was established in 1998. It is an Autonomous institute which affiliated to Anna University. It offers B.E/B.Tech, ME and MCA courses in various specializations along with the Ph.D. programs.
- Candidates who have passed class 12th from Tamil Nadu state are eligible for TNEA.
- Admission to B.Tech/B.E courses is offered by Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) is conducted by Anna University.
- The application form can be filled online as well as in offline mode on payment of application fee through cash or DD.
- Applicants belonging to Tamil Nadu only will be considered for admission. However, children of Central Government employees not domiciled in Tamil Nadu have to provide a valid certificate of their parents’ who have been serving continuously for more than 5-year at the time of submission of application.
- To secure admission in M.E programs, students have to qualify TANCET followed by the central counselling.A 3-year graduation degree in Computer Applications is required for MCA program.
|Name of the College||Dr. Mahalingam College of Engineering & Technology (MCET)|
|Affiliated to the University||Anna University|
|College Type||Autonomous Institute|
|Basic admission criteria||Entrance-based followed by counselling|
|Name of the Entrance||For B.Tech/BE: Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) conducted by Anna University|
|For M.E: TANCET conducted by Anna University|