TNEA 2019 Seat Allotment(Out), Choice Filling, Fees , Procedure, and Admission
Anna University conducts Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) for undergraduate admissions in engineering and technology programs in Tamil Nadu colleges. TNEA Counselling is being held in four rounds from Jul4 3 onwards in online mode.
- TNEA Final Seat Allotment for Round 3 was announced on July 23, 2019
- Candidates seeking admission in the institutes of Tamil Nadu for B.E./ B.Tech program were allowed to apply online till May 31, 2019.
- TNEA Counselling is organized category wise.
- Candidates who have played the State/National/International level games can get admissions quickly under sports quota.
Highlights of TNEA 2019
|Counselling Name||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA)|
|Conducting Body||Anna University, Chennai|
|Counselling Type||State Level Counselling|
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualifying 10+2 Board Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Admission||Based on the Rank achieved in Counselling|
044-2235 8044 044 22358-45
044-2235 8065 044 22358-66
044-2235 8067 044 22358-68
TNEA 2019 Dates
Although Anna University does not conduct any admission test for TNEA, candidates must know all the important dates related to TNEA. The important dates for TNEA 2019 are listed in the table below:
|Announcement of official notification||April 22, 2019|
|Availability of online application form||May 2, 2019|
|Last date of submitting the application form||May 31, 2019|
|Random Number Generation||June 3, 2019|
|Publication date of merit/rank list||June 20, 2019|
|Counselling for Differently Abled Candidates||June 21, 2019|
|Online Counselling for Academic Stream||July 3, 2019|
|End Date of Counselling||July 28, 2019|
Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website of the university to stay updated on all news related to TNEA 2019.
Check TNEA 2019 Registration
TNEA 2019 Eligibility
Before filling the TNEA 2019 application form candidates should check if they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria or not.
- Candidates who belong to the state of Tamil Nadu and have completed their 10+2 from the state of Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply for TNEA 2019.
- Those who do not belong to the state of Tamil Nadu, but have completed their 10+2 education from the state of Tamil Nadu can also apply.
- Candidates who belong to the state of Tamil Nadu, but have completed their 10+2 education from another state are also eligible; they need to submit a nativity certificate to the conducting authority.
- Candidates who are the children of employees working for the central government can also apply for TNEA 2019. However, they need to show the nativity certificate of their parents or guardians who have been serving the state of Tamil Nadu continuously from the last five years.
- Son and daughter of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre officers are also eligible for TNEA 2019.
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are compulsory subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks (General category), 45% marks (OBC category) and 40% marks (SC, ST, SCA, MBC, DNC category) in PCM.
- The minimum age of the candidates should be 18 years.
- The maximum age of applicants should be 25 years.
- As per the rules of Anna University, age relaxation provision is present for the reserved category.
Candidates who satisfy all the eligibility conditions must proceed to fill the application form. It is essential for candidates to know all the eligibility conditions before applying for TNEA 2019.
Read detailed TNEA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
TNEA 2019 Application Form
TNEA 2019 Application Form was available from May 2, 2019. The detailed steps to fill and submit TNEA 2019 Application Form are as follows:
- Visit the official website for TNEA.
- Click on the “Online Registration” link.
- Candidates need to register themselves by creating a login ID and password through OTP verification. Candidates must ensure that the email ID and mobile number they are submitting are active and valid so that the university can communicate them.
- After successful registration, candidates can log in easily with their username and password.
- Candidates have to fill the personal details that are asked in the application form.
- Similarly, fill the academic details in the application form.
- After filling the application form online, candidates must verify all the details given by them in the form by using the preview button.
- Candidates must take a printout of the filled application form.
Application Fee Payment
- If candidates choose the online mode to pay the fee, they will have to pay INR 500 (general category) and INR 250 (reserved category). Also Check TNEA 2019 Reservation
- Candidates can make the payment through credit card/debit card/net banking.
The last date for submitting the TNEA 2019 Application Form was May 30, 2019. Interested and eligible candidates must ensure that they provide the duly filled application form on time. Every year, lakhs of engineering aspirants apply for TNEA 2019 to get admission into the reputed engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Candidates must fill TNEA 2019 Application Form carefully so that they don’t face any problems during the admission procedure. The form cannot be corrected once it is submitted to the university along with the application fee. Therefore, candidates must check if all the details entered by them are accurate before they finally submit the application form.
TNEA 2019 Admission Process
Previously, an examination was conducted for TNEA by Anna University to offer admission to the deserving candidates. However, since the last few years, no entrance examination is conducted for TNEA. The admission pattern for TNEA 2019 is very simple. The steps are listed below:
- Interested and eligible candidates need to register themselves and submit their application form.
- The university itself scrutinizes the application forms.
- The university publishes a merit/rank list after studying all the application forms.
- Selected candidates are called for counselling by the university. They need to download their counselling call letter from the official website for TNEA 2019.
- Through single window counselling, candidates are offered admission to the various engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Candidates who score well in their XII board examination have higher chances of getting admission in a right college through TNEA 2019.
TNEA 2019 Counselling
The university published TNEA 2019 Rank/Merit List on June 20, 2019. The authority creates the rank list based on the percentage that candidates have scored in 10+2 examination.
- The online counselling procedure started on July 3, 2019.
- During the counselling process, colleges were allotted to the candidates.
- Candidates were required to pay the initial deposit of INR 5000 (general category) and INR 1000 (SC/ST/SCA category) as the counselling fee.
- They can make the payment in cash or DD.
Given below is the order in which TNEA 2019 Counselling takes place:
Step 1: Registration- The candidate needs to register themselves for the counselling process.
Step 2: Application Scrutiny- Here, the eligible candidates are selected out of non-eligible ones. After critical examining, a random number of TNEA was allotted to all the candidates moving ahead in the admission procedure.
Step 3: Rank List Publication- Candidates will receive the ranks based on the merit through the rank list.
Step 4: Call Letter Availability- Selected candidates have to download the counselling call letter.
Step 5: Single Window Counselling- Candidates have to go for single-window counselling on the prescribed date, time and venue.
Documents Required During Counselling
Candidates need to show their original documents during counselling for verification. The documents that are required during the process of counselling are as follows:
- Class 10th and class 12th Certificate and Mark sheet
- Identity proof
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate
- Counselling call letter
- Six passport size photographs
Choice Filling: Candidates have to fill the college choices from the given institutions for B.Tech programs in order of their priority.
Seat allotment: Based on merit, reservation and choice filling, the candidates are allotted seats. After this, the candidates must collect the allotment order. After verifying the allotted college, aspirants have to report to the college and get enrolled before the last date.
TNEA 2019 Cutoff
Cut off marks are the minimum marks that candidates need to obtain for getting admission in top colleges through TNEA 2019. Anna University releases TNEA Cutoff Marks once the application process is completed. The university publishes the cut off marks in the online mode. It will depend upon several factors such as availability of seats, the number of candidates applied, 10+2 performance of candidates, etc.
Cut-off trends don’t fluctuate too much. With the minor difference between the year by year trend, one can calculate the expected cut-off of the desired year.
Given below are the expected cut-off marks (opening and closing) for the year 2019 based on previous year data. Candidates can refer these cut-offs to calculate their fate in the participating colleges of TNEA roughly
|S.No||B.Tech Programs||Opening cut-off Marks||Closing Cut-off Marks|
|4.||Computer Science Engineering||75||200|
|5.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||80.5||195.50|
|6.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||87.25||198|
TNEA 2019 Reservation for Sports Quota
The sports quota enhances the weightage of sports eminence of the candidates based on achievement in the sports at State, National or International level. Reservation for sports Quota has been increased from 100 to 500.
Given below is the list of sports considered by TNEA 2019 Reservation for Sports Quota
|Motor Sports||Atya Patya|
|Sailing||Billiards and Snooker|
|Sepak Takraw||Body Building|
|Squash Rackets||Cycle Polo|
Participating Colleges in TNEA 2019
Anna University released the list of TNEA 2019 Participating Institutes. There are more than 500 colleges under Anna University. During the counselling, process candidates may choose among all the colleges which are offering the undergraduate program through TNEA 2019. Allotment of the participating institutes will be done based on various criteria like candidate’s merit, category, and preferences.
Q: Is there any entrance exam for TNEA?
Ans: No, There is no entrance examination for TNEA(Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions). The selection is based on the merit list prepared from class XII board exams result. The person scoring well go on the top of the list while as the marks decrease, so is their position on the list.
Q: How can I apply for TNEA 2019?
Ans: You can apply for TNEA 2019 through online or offline mode. TNEA Online Registration link will be available on the official website of TNEA. You can also get the application form from TNEA facilitation centres or by post.
Q: What are TNEA Facilitation centers?
Ans: TNEA Facilitation centers will be opened across the 32 districts of Tamil Nadu to assist the students in attending TNEA 2019 online counselling, get the application form, and remission of fees. 44 The conducting authority will open TNEA facilitation centers along with the release of TNEA 2019 Application form.
Q: How much fees will I have to pay to fill TNEA 2019 Application form?
Ans: If you are paying the fees in offline mode, then you have to pay INR 700 for General category and INR 450 for Reserved classes (ST/SC/OBC). Alternatively, if you are paying the fee in online mode, you need to pay INR 500 for General category and INR 250 for Reserved classes (ST/SC/OBC).
Q: What are the documents needed to be enclosed with the filled application form?
Ans: The documents needed to be enclosed with the filled application form are:
- Class 10th & 12th/Equivalent Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Class 12th Hall Ticket
- Demand Draft(if applicable)
- Category Certificate
- Nativity Certificate(If applicable)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee Certificate(If applicable)
Q: Where do I have to send the filled application form & documents?
Ans: The filled application form along with all the required documents should reach the following address before the deadline:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions
Chennai – 600025
Q: What is the minimum qualification to appear for TNEA Admission process?
Ans: Candidates have to pass their 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCM as compulsory subjects from a recognised board. Candidates must also secure a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (General Category), 45% marks (OBC Category) & 40% marks (MBC, DNC, SC, ST & SCA Category).
Q: I don’t belong to Tamil Nadu state, but I have completed my Class XII education here. Am I eligible for TNEA 2019?
Ans: Yes, you are eligible to apply for TNEA 2019.
Q: I have passed class 12th from the state of Kerala, and I am a resident of Kerala itself, can I apply for TNEA 2019?
Ans: No, you are not eligible for TNEA 2019. Only those applicants who will satisfy the below-mentioned criteria are eligible for TNEA 2019.
- Candidates who belong to the state of Tamil Nadu and have completed 10+2 education from the state are eligible.
- Candidates who don’t belong to the state of Tamil Nadu but have passed 10+2 education from the state.
- Native candidates of Tamil Nadu who have passed their 10+2 examination from another state can also apply, but they must submit a valid nativity certificate.
- Children of Central government employees can also apply for TNEA 2019. They have to show their parent’s/guardian’s native certificates who have been serving in Tamil Nadu for last five years continuously.
- Daughter & Son of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre Officers can also apply for this exam.
Q: When will TNEA 2019 result be released?
Ans: TNEA 2019 is a counselling process and not an examination. It does not release any result. However, TNEA 2019 creates a merit list based on the score achieved by the candidates in board exams. It will be released in the fourth week of June 2019. Candidates will be called for counselling process as per their rank in the merit list.
Q: When will TNEA 2019 Counselling Process take place?
Ans: As per the official notification, TNEA 2019 Counselling process will begin in the last week of June 2019, a few days after the declaration of the merit list.
Q: For which course is TNEA conducted?
Ans: TNEA is organised for students who want to take admission in B.E./B.Tech program across the participating institutes in the state of Tamil Nadu. Anna University conducts TNEA.
Q: What is TNEA 2019 Rank List?
Ans: The rank list is the list of name of the applicants along with their marks at 10+2 level. It is organised in descending order, i.e. the applicant with the highest percentage is on top of the list, and the one who is near the cut-off score is listed towards the end of the list.
Q: What is TNEA 2019 cut off?
Ans: Anna University will publish the cut-off for TNEA 2019 after completion of the application process through online mode. TNEA 2019 Cut-off will depend on various factors, such as the number of candidates, availability of seats, 10+2 performance of the candidate, etc. The cut-off is the minimum marks an applicant has to score to secure a position in the merit list.
Q: I have scored 95% marks in my 10+2 examination, will I get the college and branch of my choice?
Ans: It is not certain, the allotment of the seat depends upon the availability of seat in the course and the rank of the candidate. However, candidates with good score at10+2 examination will be given priority while allotment of the seats in TNEA 2019.
Q: When will the counselling procedure take place? Do I have to be at Anna University to take part in the counselling process of TNEA 2019?
Ans: The counselling of TNEA 2019 will start in the last week of June 2019. Anna University in an online mode will organise it; you can attend the counselling through the screen of your computer. You can also participate in the counselling at TNEA Facilitation center set up across the state in particular places.
Q: What is the counselling fee for TNEA 2019?
Ans: Candidates will have to pay the initial deposit of INR 5000(INR 1000 for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) as the counselling fee, it can be paid either online or at the facilitation center.
Q: What are the documents that are needed to be verified in TNEA 2019 Counselling process?
Ans: The following original documents have to be verified in the counselling process:
- Class 10th and 12th Mark Sheet
- Class 10th and 12th Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Identity proof
- Six passport size photograph
Q: I did not confirm my seat in the second round of counselling. Would I be eligible for the third round of counselling?
Ans: Yes, you will be eligible for the third round of counselling. However, there is no guarantee that you will get the same college and course again. You will still have to fill in and lock your choices to secure the seat.
Q: What is the procedure after TNEA 2019 counselling is over?
Ans: After the end of the counselling, the candidate will have to report to the allotted institution along with the allotment letter & documents to complete the admission process. Candidates will also have to pay the course fee and complete other formalities.
Q: What is the course fee for Mechanical engineering?
Ans: Different institutes will have a different course fee. The course fee will depend upon the institution you have been allotted, the detail of the course fee would be mentioned in the allotment letter or at the official website of the institution.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College