TNEA 2018 Result, Rank List, Counselling, Dates, Reservation
TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions) is a state level counselling conducted by Anna University for B.E./B.Tech admissions in Tamil Nadu colleges based on class 12th merti list. TNEA Rank List 2018 has been declared on June 28, 2018.
|TNEA 2018 Eligibility||TNEA 2018 Counselling (Commenced)||TNEA 2018 Cut off||TNEA 2018 Sports Quota Reservation|
- Tamil Nadu class 12th result has been declared on May 16, 2018
- It is prepared based on the performance of the candidate in class XII examination
There are around 4 University departments, 13 Constituent colleges, 10 Government colleges, 3 CECRI and CIPET and 529 Self-Financed Engineering colleges as the participating colleges of TNEA 2018.
Selected candidates will be called for counselling in the last week of June after the merit list is published. Candidates need to download their counselling call letter from the official website of the Anna University. The admission process of TNEA 2018 will take place after single window counselling.
Highlights for TNEA 2018
|Counselling Title||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA)|
|Conducting Body||Anna University, Chennai|
|Counselling Type||State Level Counselling|
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualifying 10+2 Board Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Admission||On the basis of the Rank achieved in Counselling|
044-2235 8044 044 22358-45
044-2235 8065 044 22358-66
044-2235 8067 044 22358-68
TNEA 2018 Dates
Although no entrance examination is conducted by Anna University for TNEA 2018, candidates must know all the important dates related to TNEA that will help them to apply for it on time. The important dates for TNEA 2018 (tentative) are listed in the table below:
|Announcement of official notification||April 29, 2018|
|Availability of application form||May 3, 2018|
|Last date of submitting the application form||May 30, 2018|
|Publication date of merit/rank list||First week of June 2018|
|Single window counselling||Last week of June 2018|
Changes can be made to the schedule according to the discretion of the Anna University. Therefore, candidates are advised to keep checking the official website of the university to stay updated on all news related to TNEA 2018.
TNEA 2018 Eligibility
Candidates interested in TNEA 2018 should first check if they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Read detailed TNEA 2018 Eligibility criteria:
- Candidates who belong to the state of Tamil Nadu and have completed their 10+2 education from the state of Tamil Nadu are eligible for TNEA 2018.
- Those who do not belong to the state of Tamil Nadu, but have completed their 10+2 education from the state of Tamil Nadu can also apply.
- Applicants who belong to the state of Tamil Nadu, but have completed their 10+2 education from another state are also eligible, they need to submit a nativity certificate to the conducting authority.
- Candidates who are the children of employees working for the central government can also apply for TNEA 2018. However, they need to show the nativity certificate of their parents or guardians who have been serving the state of Tamil Nadu continuously for the last 5 years.
- Sons and daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre officers are also eligible for TNEA 2018.
- The minimum age of the candidates should be 18 years.
- The maximum age of applicants should be 25 years.
- As per the rules of Anna University, age relaxation provision is present for the reserved category.
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are compulsory subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks (General category), 45% marks (OBC category) and 40% marks (SC, ST, SCA, MBC, DNC category).
Candidates who satisfy all the eligibility conditions must proceed to fill the application form. It is important for candidates to know all the eligibility conditions before applying for TNEA 2018.
TNEA 2018 Application Form
TNEA 2018 Application Form is available from May 3, 2018. The detailed steps to fill and submit TNEA 2018 application form are as follows:
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before filling the application form.
- Visit the official website for TNEA.
- Click on the “Online Registration” link.
- Candidates need to register by creating a login ID and password with OTP verification. Candidates must ensure that the email ID and mobile number they are submitting is active and valid so that the university can communicate them.
- After successful registration, candidates can login easily with their username and password.
- Candidates have to fill the personal details that are asked in the application form.
- Similarly, fill the academic details asked in the application form.
- After filling the application form online, candidates must verify all the details furnished by them in the form by using the preview button.
- Candidates must take a printout of the filled application form
Application Fee Payment
- If candidates choose the online mode, they will have to pay INR 500 (general category) and INR 250 (reserved category).
- Candidates can make the payment through credit card/debit card/net banking.
The last date for submitting TNEA 2018 Application Form is May 30, 2018. Interested and eligible candidates must ensure that they submit the duly filled application form on time. Every year, lakhs of engineering aspirants apply for TNEA 2018 to get admission into the reputed engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Candidates must carefully fill TNEA 2018 Application Form so that they don’t face any problems during the admission procedure. The form cannot be corrected once it is submitted to the university along with the application fee. Therefore, candidates must check if all the details entered by them are accurate before they submit the application form.
TNEA 2018 Admission Process
Previously, an examination for TNEA was conducted by Anna University to offer admission to deserving candidates. However, since the last few years, no entrance examination is conducted for TNEA. The admission pattern for TNEA 2018 is very simple. The steps are listed below:
- Interested and eligible candidates need to register and submit their application form.
- The application forms are scrutinized carefully by the Anna University.
- A merit/rank list is published by the university after studying all the application forms.
- Selected candidates are called for counselling by the university. They need to download their counselling call letter from the official website for TNEA 2018.
- Through single window counselling, candidates are offered admission to the various engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Candidates who score well in their XII Board examination have higher chances of getting admission in a good college through TNEA 2018.
TNEA 2018 Counselling
TNEA 2018 rank/merit list will be published by the university in the fourth week of June, 2018. The authority will create the rank list on the basis of percentage that candidates have scored in 10+2 examination.
TNEA 2018 Counselling will commence after the publication of the merit list. Selected candidates will be called for counselling by the university.
- The counselling procedure will start from the last week of June.
- During the counselling process, colleges will be allotted to candidates.
- Candidates are required to pay the initial deposit of INR 5000 (general category) and INR 1000 (SC/ST/SCA category) as the counselling fee.
- They can make the payment in cash or DD.
Given below is the order in which TNEA 2018 Counselling will take place:
Step 1 – Registration
The candidate needs to register themselves for the counselling process.
Step 2 – Application Scrutiny
Here, the eligible candidates are selected out of non-eligible ones. After critical examining, random number of TNEA will be allotted to all the candidates moving ahead in the admission procedure.
Step 3 – Rank List Publication
Candidates will receive the ranks based on the merit through rank list.
Step 4 – Call Letter Availability
Selected candidates have to download the counselling call letter.
Step 5 – Single Window Counselling
Candidates have to go for single window counselling on the prescribed date, time and venue.
Candidates need to show their original documents during counselling for verification. The documents that are required during the process of counselling are as follows:
- Class X and class XII Certificate and Mark sheet
- Identity proof
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate
- Counselling call letter
- Six passport size photographs
Choice Filling: Candidates have to fill the college choices from the given institutions for B.Tech programs in order of their priority.
Seat allotment: Based on merit, reservation and choice filling, the candidates are alloted seats. After this, the candidates must collect the allotment order. After verifying the alloted college, aspirants have to report to the college and get enrolled before the last date.
TNEA 2018 Cut-off
Cut off marks are the minimum marks that candidates need to obtain for getting admission through TNEA 2018. TNEA cut off marks is released by the Anna University after the application process is complete. The university will publish the cut off marks in the online mode. It will depend upon several factors such as availability of seats, the number of candidates applied, 10+2 performance of candidates, etc.
Cut-off trends don’t fluctuate too much. With minor difference between the year by year trend, one can calculate the expected cut-off of the desired year.
Given below are the expected cut-off marks (opening and closing) for the year 2018 based on previous year data. Candidates can refer these cut-offs to roughly calculate their fate in the participating colleges of TNEA
|S.No||B.Tech Programs||Opening cut-off Marks||Closing Cut-off Marks|
|4.||Computer Science Engineering||75||200|
|5.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||80.5||195.50|
|6.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||87.25||198|
TNEA 2018 Reservation for Sports Quota
The sports quota enhances the weightage of sports eminence of the candidates on the basis of achievement in the sports at State, National or International level. Reservation for sports Quota has been increased from 100 to 500.
Given below is the list of sports considered by TNEA 2018 Reservation for Sports Quota
|Motor Sports||Atya Patya|
|Sailing||Billiards and Snookers|
|Sepak Takraw||Body Building|
|Squash Rackets||Cycle Polo|
Q: Is there any entrance exam for TNEA?
Ans: No, There is no entrance examination for TNEA(Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions). The selection is based on the merit list prepared from class XII board exams result. The person scoring well go on the top of the list while as the marks decrease, so is their position on the list.
Q: How can I apply for TNEA 2018?
Ans: You can apply for TNEA 2018 through online or offline mode. TNEA Online Registration link will be available on the official website of TNEA. You can also get the application form from TNEA facilitation centers or by post.
Q: What are TNEA Facilitation centers?
Ans: TNEA Facilitation centers will be opened across the 32 districts of Tamil Nadu to assist the students to attend TNEA 2018 online counselling, get the application form, and remission of fees. 44 TNEA facilitation centers will be opened by the conducting authority along with the release of TNEA 2018 Application form.
Q: How much fees will I have to pay to fill TNEA 2018 Application form?
Ans: If you are paying the fees in offline mode, then you have to pay INR 700 for General category and INR 450 for Reserved classes (ST/SC/OBC). Alternatively, if you are paying the fee in online mode, you need to pay INR 500 for General category and INR 250 for Reserved classes (ST/SC/OBC).
Q: What are the documents needed to be enclosed with the filled application form?
Ans: The documents needed to be enclosed with the filled application form are:
- Class X & XII/Equivalent Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Class XII Hall Ticket
- Demand Draft(if applicable)
- Category Certificate
- Nativity Certificate(If applicable)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee Certificate(If applicable)
Q: Where do I have to send the filled application form & documents?
Ans: The filled application form along with the all the required documents should reach the following address before the deadline:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions
Chennai – 600025
Q: What is the minimum qualification to appear for TNEA Admission process?
Ans: Candidates have to pass their 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCM as compulsory subjects from a recognized board. Candidates must also secure a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (General Category), 45% marks (OBC Category) & 40% marks (MBC, DNC, SC, ST & SCA Category).
Q: I don’t belong to Tamil Nadu state but I have completed my Class XII education here. Am I eligible for TNEA 2018?
Ans: Yes, you are eligible to apply for TNEA 2018.
Q: I have passed class XII from the state of Kerala and I am a resident of Kerala itself, can I apply for TNEA 2018?
Ans: No, you are not eligible for TNEA 2018. Only those applicants who will satisfy the below-mentioned criteria are eligible for TNEA 2018.
- Candidates who belong to the state of Tamil Nadu and have completed 10+2 education from the state are eligible.
- Candidates who don’t belong to the state of Tamil Nadu but have passed 10+2 education from the state.
- Native candidates of Tamil Nadu who have passed their 10+2 examination from another state can also apply but they must submit a valid nativity certificate.
- Children of Central government employees can also apply for TNEA 2018. They have to show their parent’s/guardian’s native certificates who have been serving in Tamil Nadu for last 5 years continuously.
- Daughter & Son of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre Officers can also apply for this exam.
Q: When will TNEA 2018 result be released?
Ans: TNEA 2018 is a counselling process and not any examination. It does not release any result. However, TNEA 2018 creates a merit list based on the score achieved by the candidates in board exams. It will be released in the fourth week of June 2018. Candidates will be called for counselling process as per their rank in the merit list.
Q: When will TNEA 2018 Counselling Process take place?
Ans: As per the official notification, TNEA 2018 Counselling process will begin in the last week of June 2018, few days after the declaration of the merit list.
Q: For which course is TNEA conducted?
Ans: TNEA is organized for students who want to take admission in B.E./B.Tech program across the participating institutes in the state of Tamil Nadu. TNEA is conducted by Anna University.
Q: What is TNEA 2018 Rank List?
Ans: The rank list is the list of name of the applicants along with their marks at 10+2 level. It is organized in descending order i.e. the applicant with the highest percentage is on top of the list and the one who is near the cut-off score is listed towards the end of the list.
Q: What is TNEA 2018 cut off?
Ans: Anna University will publish the cut-off for TNEA 2018 after completion of the application process through online mode. TNEA 2018 Cut-off will depend on various factors, such as the number of candidates, availability of seats, 10+2 performance of the candidate, etc. The cut-off is the minimum marks an applicant has to score in order to secure a position in the merit list.
Q: I have scored 95% marks in my 10+2 examination, will I get the college and branch of my choice?
Ans: It is not certain, the allotment of the seat depends upon the availability of seat in the course and the rank of the candidate. However, candidates with good score at10+2 examination will be given priority while allotment of the seats in TNEA 2018.
Q: When will the counselling procedure take place? Do I have to be at Anna University to take part in the counselling process of TNEA 2018?
Ans: The counselling of TNEA 2018 will start in the last week of June 2018. It will be organized by Anna University in an online mode, you can attend the counselling through the screen of your computer. You can also attend the counselling at TNEA Facilitation center set up across the state in selective places.
Q: What is the counselling fee for TNEA 2018?
Ans: Candidates will have to pay the initial deposit of INR 5000(INR 1000 for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) as the counselling fee, it can be paid either online or at the facilitation center.
Q: What are the documents that are needed to be verified in TNEA 2018 Counselling process?
Ans: The following original documents have to be verified in the counselling process:
- Class X and XII Mark Sheet
- Class X and XII Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Identity proof
- Six passport size photograph
Q: I did not confirm my seat in the second round of counselling, Would I be eligible for the third round of counselling?
Ans: Yes, you will be eligible for the third round of counselling. However, there is no guarantee that you will get the same college and/or course again. You will again have to fill in and lock your choices to secure the seat.
Q: What is the procedure after TNEA 2018 counselling is over?
Ans: After the end of the counselling, the candidate will have to report to the allotted institution along with the allotment letter & documents to complete the admission process. Candidates will also have to pay the course fee and complete other formalities.
Q: What is the course fee for Mechanical engineering?
Ans: Different institutes will have different course fee. The course fee will depend upon the institution you have been allotted, the detail of the course fee would be mentioned in the allotment letter or at the official website of the institution.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College