Global Academy of Technology is a private engineering college established in the year 2001. College is governed by Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee. College was started with prime objective of promoting academic excellence in students.
- College is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University and is approved by AICTE
- College is recognized by Govt. of Karanataka
- College provide education with a validate and unique process that results in building person into skilled professionals
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Information Science and Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Basic Sciences
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Management and Business Administration
- Department of Research and Consultancy
- Cultural Activities
- Blood Donation Camp
Research and Developments: College has research center that focuses on various research areas such as:
- Remote Sensing, Advanced Engineering Surveying and Geographic Information Systems
- Alternate and Green Energy Sources
- Hydroelectric Projects, Tunneling and Environmental Impact
- Web Enabled IT Service
- Image Processing
- Wholesale, Retail and Rural Marketing
- Water Resources Engineering, Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology
- UWB Antenna Communication and RFID applications
Library: library has good collections books. It has 30000+ books that cover all topics. It also subscribes over 250 national and international journals. Library has a server and 5 client PCs. Library also subscribes various e-journals.
Hostels: There are 4 hostels in the college campus. 3 hostels are for boys and 1 for girls. Hostels are wi-fi enabled and well furnished. Rooms are available on Twin Sharing basis. Mess facilities are also available.
Festivals: Interact’14- It is cultural extravaganza which comprises Fashion show, Drag race, gaming, dancing, Music and other events.