Loyola Institute of Technology (LIT), a Christian Minority Institution of Higher Technical Education, was established in 2003 with a mission of providing Quality Technical Education to the student community by promoting innovation, creativity and imparting life skills with positive attitude and to mould them to become successful and responsible professionals of the society. It is managed by the Sisters of Daughters of Mary Immaculate (DMI). It is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It offers five under graduate and three post graduate engineering courses. It also offers computer application and management programmes.
- LIT is approved by AICTE, New Delhi
- LIT is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Computer Application
- Department of Management Studies
The College has an independent Training & placement Cell devoted to cater the needs of the organizations in conducting campus interviews for placements.
Name of Company
Total No. of Placed Students
Sutherland Global Services
KKM Soft Tech
Bridge HR Consultancy
- The library has 47,800 volumes of books in 20,062 titles on different disciplines covering all major fields of Engineering, Science and Humanities
- The Library subscribes 889 National & International periodicals including IEEE, ACM, ASME, ASCE & Springer publications
- The library is also having Educational Audio & Video Cassettes, CD ROMs, Back Volumes, Project Reports, Thesis reports etc.
- The College provides separate hostel for boys and girls
- The Hostels is located in the college premises and can accommodate 300 Under Graduate and 50 Post Graduate students.
- A mess attached to the hostel provides vegetarian and non-vegetarian food for the inmates