Mahendra Engineering College (MEC) college is a certified Autonomous Institution established by Shri M.G. Bharath Kumar in the year 1995. It is affiliated to Anna University. It offers 14 Undergraduate and 9 Postgraduate Courses in different Engineering streams like Mechanical, CSE, EE, ECE, etc. along with MBA and MCA.
Admissions to B.E/B.Tech are offered through TNEA counseling. M.E admissions are offered to those students who qualify TANCET or who are already GATE qualified.
For MBA/MCA enrolment, students are offered admissions on qualifying either TANCET.
Mahendra Engineering College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1995 | Autonomous|
|Affiliated To||Anna University, Tamil Nadu|
|Courses Offered||14 UG & 9 PG Courses across 17 Streams|
|Popular Courses||B. Tech., M. Tech., MCA, MBA|
|Admission Criteria||TNEA/GATE/TANCET Scores|
|Top Recruiters||IBM, Cognizant, Capgemini|
|Campus Area||130 Acres|
|Campus Location||Rural (well-connected)|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Canteen, Solar Park|
Mahendra Engineering College Ranking
MEC has consistently been one of the top Colleges by the Competition Success Review. It also has a partnership status by Infosys, one of India’s top Companies. Its name has been mentioned in Asia Book of Records for holding the largest Women Hackathon. Following are some major Achievements.
|Asia Book of Records||Largest Women Hackathon||2018|
|Digital Learning India||AAA Rating||2018|
|Infosys||Advance Level Partner||2017|
|Competition Success Review||Engineering College – Rank 28||2014|
Mahendra Engineering College Courses
|B. Tech.||Subjects: Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, CSE, ECE
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: Intermediate passed with minimum 50% aggregate marks in Science Stream
|M. Tech.||Subject: Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, ICT
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: BE/B. Tech. with minimum 50% aggregate marks in from a recognized University.
|MBA||Subject: Finance, Marketing, System, Production, Human Resource
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduated with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized University.
|MCA||Subject: Computer Application
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduated with minimum 50% aggregate marks. Mathematics a compulsory Subject in Graduation.
Mahendra Engineering College Admissions
All admissions to MEC are provisional. It is subjected to the approval of the Directorate of Technical Education, Anna University. For Undergraduate Courses, Selection is made on the basis of Tamil Nadu Engineering Application (TNEA) scores. For Postgraduate Courses, it is based on GATE/TANCET scores.
How to Apply?
- Candidate has to register himself/herself online on http://www.mahendra.info/
- ‘Online Registration’ option is available under the ‘Admission’ tab. Candidates need to click on this option to make his/her registration.
- Fill up the Form and Submit.
- For the Counselling process, Candidates have to register themselves on the official website of DOTE, Tamil Nadu. (Website: http://www.tndte.gov.in/)
- Application Fee of ₹ 500 has to be paid by the Candidate to participate in Counselling Process.
- Counselling shall be done by the physical presence of the Candidate only.
- Candidate need to have following documents during Counselling:-
- Admit Card and Score Card
- 10th and 12th Marksheet
- Graduation Marksheet (if applying for Postgraduate Courses)
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Other Certificates (for special requirements)
- Colleges will be allotted on the basis of merit list.
Read more: Mahendra Engineering College Admission
Mahendra Engineering College Placements
MEC Placements have continuously shown an upward trend. Companies like TCS, Zoho, Infosys recruit from the college. Percentage of Students getting placed is high with a decent package of around 3-4 LPA as average. For assisting the Students, a dedicated Placement Cell is also established.
- Placement Percentage: 80% approximately
- Number of Companies: 150+
- Number of Offers Made: 2685
- Number of Students placed: 1550
- Major Recruiters: TCS, Infosys, Capgemini, Zoho
- Average Package: INR. 3 LPA
- Highest Package: INR. 18 LPA
Click here Mahendra Engineering College Placement
Mahendra Engineering College Scholarships
Being an autonomous Institution under Anna University, it allows Students to avail the Scholarships under different Government Schemes. It has no separate Scholarship Programme of its own. However, Students may get grants from the government.
- Government Scholarships can be availed by the needy Students.
- Minority Students can avail Scholarships as per the Government Programmes.
Also check Mahendra Engineering College Scholarships
Mahendra Engineering College Facilities
MEC has several of the facilities dedicated to its students to provide them an interactive education and overall growth. Following are some major facilities being provided to the Students:-
- Library – There are 12 departmental Libraries and 1 Central Library. They contain a vast range of books from Journals to Newspapers and Magazines.
- Sports – Playground is available for Outdoor Sports. Indoor Sports can also be played in the Indoor Stadium. Gym Facilities are also provided.
- Hostel – All the rooms are furnished with Table, Chair, Cot, and Fan. Separate Hostels are for Boys and Girls.
- Canteen – It provides wholesome tasty and healthy snacks at a reasonable price.
- Grievance Redressal Cell – It ensures an approachable and accountable attitude in all Stakeholders.
- Bank – A branch of Union Bank is inside the Campus for the benefit of Students.
- Transport – 150 Buses owned which helps in carrying the day scholars as well as for other functions.
- Internet Facility – 24 MBPS connectivity to all the departments.
- Solar Park – For using Solar Energy for its day to day functions.
Mahendra Engineering College Faculty
MEC ensures best teaching and learning practices by its faculties through several Innovations.
- TASKS (Teachers Acclaimed Seminar for Knowledge Sharing)- It is a forum for knowledge sharing among the faculties from all the disciplines.
- FDLP (Faculty Deeper Learning Programme)- It is a platform for deeper learning for the benefit of Faculty with high expertise.
- InDel (Inter-Department Lecture Series)- Sharing of knowledge from one department to other for real-time projects in inter-disciplinary areas.
- FISHing (Faculty Idea Sharing)- Here, Faculty Members and Students implement their innovative Ideas.
All these innovative approaches make the learning experience in MEC an infotaining experience.
Read more: Mahendra Engineering College Faculty
Mahendra Engineering College FAQs
Ques. Is Mahendra Engineering College recognized?
Ques. On what basis Admissions are given in MEC?
Ques. Does MEC provide any Scholarship?
Ques. How can we reach MEC?
Ques. How can one register for Admission in MEC?