Maulana Azad College of Engineering and Technology (MACET), Patna was established in the year 1987 by Milat Education Society. MACET is the oldest private engineering college and one of the best minority engineering colleges in Patna. Maulana Azad College of Engineering and Technology is affiliated to Magadh University, Bodh Gaya, Bihar. There are 5 main departments of Engineering in MACET. The duration of all the courses is 4 years. The number of seats for each course varies as follows:
|Electronics and Communication Engineering(ECE)||90|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||90|
|Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||60|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)||60|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||60|
Application Process: Application form is available on the official website of MACET. Interested students can fill the form and send it along with demand draft to the college campus.
Selection Process: The selection of the student is based on the marks scored at the entrance exam. Students have to qualify the entrance conducted by the Bihar Private Technical and Professional Institutions Association.
|Name of the Institute||MACET|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Examination|
Maulana Azad College of Engineering and Technology Important Dates 2019 (Tentative)
|MACET Entrance Exam Date||June 24, 2019|
Maulana Azad College of Engineering and Technology (MACET) B.Tech Admission 2019
The candidate is selected for a particular B.Tech course on the basis of a common entrance examination. The details of the examination are as below:
- The entrance exam of BPTPIA will be conducted by MACET.
- It is an offline test of the duration of 2 hours with questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
|Course Name||Specializations||Eligibility||Selection Process|
|B.Tech||CSE||Passed in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with at least 45% marks in the above subjects (40% marks in the above subjects for Reserved category) There is no age limit to take admission in this course.||Students will be selected on the basis of marks secured in the entrance examination.|
|B.Tech (Lateral entry)|| ||Passed Diploma exam from AICTE approved Institution with minimum 45% aggregate marks (40% aggregate mars for reserved category) in respective branch of Engineering/Technology|
Passed B.Sc Degree from a recognized university accredited by UGC with minimum 45% aggregate marks (40% aggregate mars for reserved category) and had mathematics as mandatory subject in 12th standard
Students of above category (point 2) should also have cleared subjects Engineering Graphics/Engineering drawing and Engineering Mechanics in the first-year engineering program along with 2nd year subjects
Along with the above criteria student will be considered for lateral entry once the prescribed seats are filled by students belonging to Diploma Stream
Maulana Azad College of Engineering and Technology (MACET) Application Process 2019
Download the admission form for session from the official website of the college.
- Fill the form with the correct details.
- A demand draft of INR 100 has to be made in favor of “Maulana Azad College of Engineering and Technology” payable at Patna
- Duly filled application form and DD has to be sent to the college campus address.
- After the application form filling, the candidate has to appear for the entrance examination conducted by MACET.
- Based on the scorecard of the exam, the candidates will be called for counseling along with the Original mark sheets, certificate and testimonial.
- The above documents will be used for verification purpose at the time of counseling.
Reservation Criteria: MACET has s different category-wise reservation criteria given as under:
Scholarships are offered for minority & backward class students on the basis of their financial stability & academic performance.
- MOMA – It is the scholarship for minority students.
- OBC Scholarship – This assistance is specially offered to other backward class students.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College