National Power Training Institute (NPTI), Nagpur was set up by the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India in 1975 and is affiliated to Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University. The institute provides training to the students on the power sectors of India. The institute offers BE/B.Tech. courses in Power Engineering as well as P.G. Diploma courses in 6 different specializations.
NPTI Nagpur Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1975 | Government|
|Affiliated to||Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University|
|Courses Offered||B.E./B.Tech. and P.G. Diploma|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance-based|
|Campus Area||17 Acre|
|Facilities Available||AC classrooms, Auditorium, Library, Hostels, Conference Hall, Workshop, 210 MW Fossil Fuel Fired Operation Simulator, Laboratories, Sports facilities & Dispensary|
NPTI Nagpur Courses
National Power Training Institute offers B.E./B.Tech. and PG Diploma courses in Power Plant Engineering and allied specializations as mentioned in the following table:
Read more NPTI Nagpur Course and Fees
NPTI Nagpur Admission
Admission to UG programs (B.E./B.Tech.) at National Power Training Institute is conducted based on the Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) score. This entrance is conducted on the state level basis by the Maharashtra state towards admission of many UG courses. For PG Diploma courses, it is only merit-based.
- Visit the official website and fill out the online application form.
- After registration, log in to your account using the credentials provided at the time of registration.
- Fill out the application form with all the necessary information.
- Scan the relevant documents and upload them on logging in.
- Make payment for the application form through online in your available preferred method.
- Download the filled out and submitted application form for the verification process.
- Submit the hard copy of the filled out and submitted application form at the facilitation centre along with all the relevant documents if necessary.
Read more NPTI Nagpur Admission
NPTI Nagpur Placements
There is a dedicated placement cell available at this institution. It invites many top recruiters like Reliance Power, Thermax, JSW Steels, TATA Power, etc. Some of the placement data of PGDC and BE courses at this institution as released by it is presented below with reference to salary.
|No. of Students||Students Placed||No. of Students||Students Placed||Around INR 4 LPA|
Read more NPTI Nagpur Placements
NPTI Nagpur Facilities
- AC Classrooms- The classrooms are fully air-conditioned and equipped with LCD projection facilities.
- Library- The library consists of over 10,000 textbooks, audio-visual materials like CDs/DVDs, reference books, e-books, project reports, periodicals, technical journals, etc.
- Laboratories: The laboratories are fully equipped with all the needed components to impart better practical training to the students.
- 210 MW Simulator- There is a real-time replica simulator of 210 MW fossil fuel-fired Thermal Power Plant at National Power Training Institute Nagpur. It is used for providing real-time training to the students.
- Hostels- There are four hostels at National Power Training Institute Nagpur with different levels of comfort in it.
- Auditorium- There is an auditorium comprising LCD projected big screens. The seating capacity of the auditorium is 200 people.
- Recreation and Sports Centre- A recreation centre and a playground have been built inside the campus for indoor and outdoor sports activities.
- Guest House- A guest house has also been built with the accommodation capacity of 6 people.
Read more NPTI Nagpur Hostel
National Power Training Institute Nagpur FAQs
Ques. What documents are required for taking admission towards B.E. /B.Tech. courses?
- Original SSC and HSC mark sheets
- Entrance Test mark sheet
- Leaving certificate from the last institution
- Gap certificate
- Migration certificate
- Domicile/ birth/ leaving certificate
- Caste certificate
- Certificate of nationality
Ques. What is the fee structure of the P.G Diploma courses in National Power Training Institute?
|Student Category||Fee Structure|
|Non-sponsored candidates||Rs. 2,30,000/- + GST at 18% per participant|
|Sponsored Candidates||Rs. 3,60,000/- + GST at 18% per participant|
|International Candidates||USD 20,000+ GST at 18%|
Ques. How far is the institute located from Nagpur Railway Station?
Ques. How good are the placement opportunities at National Power Training Institute?
Ques. Is there any other campus under the National Power Training Institute apart from Nagpur?