Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology (RSET) is one of the leading educational institutions offering engineering education and research. It is located in the port city of Kochi, Kerala and was established in 2001. It offers B.Tech programs in 8 specializations, M.Tech programs in 5 specializations and PhD programs in 6 specializations.
The admissions to this college shall be merit based. For B.Tech, 10+2 merit and KEAM rank shall be considered. For M.Tech, candidates must have a valid GATE score while for PhD, there shall be a common written test and/ or personal interview.
RSET witnessed a wonderful placement season in 2019 with 504 students getting placed. The total number of offers received was 745.
Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology Highlights
|Established| Institute Type||2001 | Private|
|Affiliated to||A.P. J. Abdul Kalam Technological University, Trivandrum, Kerala|
|Entrance Exam||B.Tech- KEAM
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based & Entrance based|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, Amazon, Sutherland, Infosys Technologies, Cognizant|
|Facilities Available||Auditorium, Sports & Fitness, Hostels, Medical Center, Canteen|
Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology Ranking
Given below are some statistics related to RSET ranking:
|Top Engineering Colleges survey by Education World||1st in state||2020|
|37th in India|
|Top Engineering Colleges survey by GHRDC||1st in state||2019|
|Top Engineering Colleges of Eminence by GHRDC||5th||2019|
|WEEK national survey||28th||2019|
|Dataquest Top Private Engineering Colleges national Survey||28th||2019|
|OUTLOOK Engineering colleges survey||61st||2019|
|OUTLOOK Engineering colleges survey||69th||2018|
|WEEK national survey||37th||2018|
Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology Courses
The institute offers courses in several specializations under B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD. This section shall deal with the detailed information about these courses:
|B.Tech||Subjects: Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Artificial Intelligence & Data Science, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed HSC or equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks in PCM and 50% in mathematics separately
|M.Tech||Subjects: Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Information Systems, Industrial Drives & Control, Network Engineering, VLSI & Embedded Systems
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility:B.tech. with 60% marks in relevant stream
|PhD||Subjects: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility: Candidates must have Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology, Architecture or a Master’s degree by research in Engineering/Technology with a minimum CGPA of 6.5
For details on fees: Check here
Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology Admission
For government seats, candidates need to have applied online through KEAM CEE and DTE, Kerala. Ph.D. aspirants must check the APJAKTU website for getting admission related details. Candidates must also apply to the college via online mode.
How to Apply?
Candidates applying under college seats must follow the given steps for making an application:
- Application forms can be submitted only online on the official website of college.
- Application fee is to be paid online via payment gateway using Debit card/Credit card/Internet Banking.
- Upload a recent passport size coloured photograph during online submission.
- Details regarding the filling or submission of application form can be obtained after logging in the admission portal.
- Admission will be allotted only after submitting all the original certificates and the fees via DD. No cash payment shall be accepted.
- Application Fees: INR 500
- Correspondence Address:
Rajagiri Valley, Kakkanad,Kochi 682 039 Kerala INDIATel: +91 484 2660999
Documents to be submitted at the time of admission:
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificate photo copy
- Class 12th mark sheet and certificate photo copy
- Certificate and mark list of B.Tech degree
- Examination score card
- Printout of the filled application form
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct certificate
- Aadhar card copy
- 2 passport size photographs
Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology Placements
RSET witnessed an amazing placement record in the year 2019. A total of 745 offers were made to students of RSET. 504 students were placed. The average number of job offers per student was 2.
The following table shows the placement data over the past few years:
|Year||No. of offers||No. of students placed||Average placement %|
The following are some of the companies that had visited the campus for recruitments in 2019:
B.Tech- 6D Technologies, ABB, Agreefy, Amazon, Attivo, Bosch, Byju’s, Cameron, Cognizant, Commvault, Cyient, Dexlock, Eteam, Federal Bank, Gadgeon, IBM, IBS, Infosys, Inszoom, Mindtree and many more.
- Cognizant was the lead recruiter and recruited 190 students.
- 159 students were placed in Infosys. Sutherland recruited 100 students.
- Wipro selected 35 students while Amazon recruited 21 students.
M.Tech- Infosys, Qwave, Digicore, GE, CTS, VVDN, Robert Bosch, NesT, Quest Global, Temenos, Informatica, Suntec, Visual IQ and many more.
Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology Scholarships
The following tabulation provides the major details of scholarships provided by RSET:
|Name of Scholarship||Eligibility||Scheme|
|Merit Scholarship (M.Tech)||B.Tech CGPA >=7.5||70% scholarship in tuition fees|
|Merit Scholarship for GATE||GATE Score||Government fees|
|Fr. Jose Alex’s Scholarship for RSET Alumni||RSET Alumni||70% scholarship in tuition fees|
|Merit Scholarship (B.Tech)||KEAM Score>=576. To continue this scholarship for any year, the candidate should have scored SGPA -7.5 in both semesters of previous year||22,000- Fees to be paid|
|Merit Scholarship (B.Tech)||480<=KEAM Score<576. To continue this scholarship for any year, the candidate should have scored SGPA -7.5 in both semesters of previous year||Fees to be paid- 28,000/-|
|Scholarship for Economically backward students||Scholarship for Economically backward students with less than INR 3 lakhs family income.||Full tuition fee (one student in each stream)|
Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the college to cater to the needs of the students:
- Auditorium - RSET offers a newly built multipurpose auditorium with a seating capacity of 2500 people. It is largely suitable for events like International Conferences, musical concerts, stage performances etc.
- Chavara Hall - The Chavara Hall at RSET is perfectly equipped with sound system and overhead projector. It has a seating capacity of 1500 people. Several events like Initiation Ceremony of first year, Course completion Ceremony etc are conducted at this hall.
- Sports and fitness - RSET provides basketball courts, cricket ground, volleyball court, badminton court, throwball court, tennis court for all the sports enthusiasts. Systematic training and coaching is also provided.
- Honesty shop - It is an unmanned stationary shop. The students and staff can purchase any stationary item by depositing the marked price in a box kept on the counter.
- Conference Hall - RSET uses the conference hall for Faculty Development programs, seminars and other such events. Equipped with a high quality sound system and overhead projector, this hall has a seating capacity of 250 people.
- Gallery Hall - With a seating capacity of 300 people, the gallery hall is an amphitheatre style hall with all advanced technological facilities like sound system and overhead projector. Staff meetings, seminars etc are conducted in this air conditioned hall.
- Video Conferencing Hall - This is the Multimedia hall of RSET. The entire audio- video operation is controlled by a Crestron based control system. Used for seminars, video conference based classes, movie presentations etc, this hall has a seating capacity of 160+.
- Medical Centre -The Medical Assistance Centre is equipped with emergency medical equipments, medicines and a wheel chair. It provides separate rooms for boys (3 beds) and girls (4 beds) with attached wash rooms and necessary amenities.
- Board Room - Built with a seating capacity of 18 people, this room is used to hold board meetings and discussions with dignitaries.
- Canteen- The multi- cuisine canteen at RSET offers numerous types of dishes at an affordable rate from 8 in the morning to 4:30 pm. There is a dining hall as well which is located next to the service area.
- Hostels - Separate hostels are provided for boys and girls. Bus facility is also provided to and from the college for the girls at the hostel.
- Transport - Efficient transport facilities are provided by RSET. Around 20 buses for staff and students have been arranged which run around multiple routes.
Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology Faculty
With highly qualified staff at RSET, the institute has been working unconditionally to impart strong educational foundations and values in the heart, thoughts and actions of the future engineers. They are not only experts in their field of interest but also work constantly towards redefining their education skills.
- Professor- 3
- Associate Professor- 2
- Assistant Professor- 27
- Lab Assistant- 2
Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology FAQs
Ques. What is the number of seats for the M.Tech Program?
|Computer Science and Information Systems||24|
|Industrial Drives & Control||18|
|VLSI & Embedded Systems||24|
Ques. What is the number of seats for the B.Tech Program?
|Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||60|
|Artificial Intelligence & Data Science||60|
|Computer Science & Engineering||180|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||60|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||180|
Ques. What is the percentage division of seats for B.Tech program?
- Government Merit seats- 50%
- College Merit seats- 35%
- NRI Seats- 15%
- Supernumerary seats for Foreign Nationals / Person of Indian Origin/ Children of Indian workers in Gulf Countries- 15%
Ques. What documents are required at the time of NRI Admission?
- Class 10th Pass certificate
- Class 12th mark list and pass certificate
- KEAM 2020 Admit Card and score sheet (if attempted)
- Transfer certificate (from previous institution)
- Conduct Certificate (from previous institution)
- Physical Fitness certificate
- Passport copy of sponsor and applicant (front and back pages)
- Visa copy stamped in the passport of sponsor
- Declaration from the sponsor (Format here)
- Certificate from Employer of sponsor (Format here)
Ques. Are hostels located within the campus?