Rungta College of Engineering & Technology (RCET), Bhilai is ranked 3rd in East Zone for Engineering Program by India Today and ranked 53rd in India for Engineering Program by The Week. RCET offers undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma programs in the discipline of Engineering and Management. Admission to RCET Bhilai on the basis of various national or state entrance test scores. The candidates can apply for the same through the official website of the institute. Along with academics, the institute also provides 100% placement assistance to its students. It is the only group in Chhattisgarh that provides jobs to other college students through its Free Mega Job Fair - PLACEMENTNAAMA, with almost 40 companies participating. More than 2,500 offer letters were grabbed in the Current Session through Campus Drives and PLACEMENTNAAMA by students. RCET comes under the aegis of Rungta Group of Institutions, Bhilai. Additionally, Rungta also has state of the art campus in Raipur providing UG and PG Program. To read more about the campus, click here
Rungta College of Engineering & Technology Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1999 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Durg|
National: CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ ATMA/ JEE Main/ GATE/ NIMCET
State: CGPET/ Pre-MCA/ CGPPT
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Diploma & PhD|
|Top Recruiters||DBS Bank, Cognizant, SAP Labs, Persistent, Steria, Amazon, SAP, Accenture, Capgemini, Tech-Mahindra, Lupin, Nestle, etc|
|Campus Area||150 acres|
|Facilities Available||Incubation Centre, Library, Hostel, Sports, Medical Facilities, Food Courts, Transportation, etc|
|Admission Helpdesk||90161 12222|
Bhilai - 490024, Chhattisgarh, India
Rungta College of Engineering & Technology Rankings
The institute has been ranked among the top colleges in India. Mentioned below are the details for the same:
- Placed in Top 100 College by Prestigious NIRF Ranking conducted by Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
- Placed in Top 50-75 Colleges in India in terms of Innovation and Incubation in ARIIA Rankings conducted by Ministry of Education, Govt. of India in 2020 for Engineering Program.
- RCET falls in the Gold Category by AICTE - CII Survey for Engineering Program.
- RCET is ranked 6th in the Central Zone by Times of India in 2020 for Engineering Program.
- India Today 2020:
- Ranked 3rd in the East Zone.
- Ranked 21st in India for Engineering Program.
- Ranked RCET in the 6th position in the Emerging Private College of Century.
- The Week 2020:
- Rungta College is ranked 53rd in India.
- Ranked 20th among private colleges in India for Engineering Program.
- Ranked 2nd in the East Zone for Engineering Program.
- RCET is ranked 119th in India for MBA Program.
- RCET is ranked 100th among private colleges in India for MBA Program.
- RCET is ranked 11th in the East Zone for MBA Program.
- Dataquest 2020:
- Ranked 29th in India for Engineering Program.
- Ranked 19th among private colleges in India for Engineering Program.
- Ranked 5th in the East Zone for Engineering Program.
- Education World 2020:
- RCET is ranked 71st in India for Engineering Program.
- RCET is in the 1st position in the state placed for Engineering Program.
- Business Today 2020:
- RCET is ranked 108th in India for MBA Program.
- Ranked 82nd among private colleges in India for MBA Program.
- Ranked 13th in the East Zone for MBA Program.
- Outlook 2020:
- Ranked 24th In India for Engineering Program.
- Ranked 65th among private colleges in India for MBA Program.
- RCET is ranked 3rd in the East Zone for MBA Program.
- Competition Success Review 2020:
- RCET is ranked 22nd in India for Engineering Program.
- RCET is ranked 88th in India for MBA Program.
Rungta College of Engineering & Technology Courses
RCET Bhilai offers UG, PG and Diploma Courses in the discipline of Engineering and Management. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|B.Tech||Computer Science & Engineering, IT, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mining Engineering, Agriculture Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering,||
10+2 with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in PCM + Obtained a valid score in JEE/ CGPET
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||Diploma / B.Sc. with Mathematics in 10+2 with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (40% for reserved category candidates)|
|M.Tech||Power Electronics, Digital Electronics, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Production Engineering||
Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks + Obtained a valid score in GATE
Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks + Obtained a valid score in MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ CAT/ ATMA
Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks with Mathematics as a mandatory subject + Obtained a valid score in Pre-MCA/ NIMCETNote: BCA is exempted
|Diploma||Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering||
10th with a minimum of 35% marks + Obtained a valid score in CGPPT
|Diploma (Lateral Entry)||Passing % marks and ITI (02 Years) issued from NCVT / SCVT or 10+2 with Physics & Chemistry as Compulsory Subjects along with Math’s / Bio Subject or 10+2 with Science (Mathematics as one Compulsory Subject)|
|PhD||Applied Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Computer Application, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Humanities, Management, Mechanical Engineering||Master’s degree from a recognized university|
Check: RCET Bhilai Courses and Fees
Rungta College of Engineering & Technology Admission
Admissions are done on the basis of merit and entrance examination.
How to Apply?
Visit the official website of the institute and fill the online form correctly by reading the form in detail and submit the same. Pay the admission form fee via online mode. The admission fee is non-refundable.
Rungta College of Engineering & Technology Placement
RCET Bhilai has a placement cell that bridges the gap between industry and academics. The institute provides 100% placement assistance to its students. It is the only group in Chhattisgarh that provides jobs to other college students through its Free Mega Job Fair - PLACEMENTNAAMA, with almost 40 companies participating. More than 2,500 offer letters were grabbed in the Current Session through Campus Drives and PLACEMENTNAAMA by students. Some of the placement highlights mentioned below:
|No. of Companies visited R1 for Campus Recruitment||300+|
|Jobs offered through Placement Naama||1,500+|
|Selections in Day1 (Highest in Chhattisgarh)||359|
|Total Package||515 Million Package offered this year to Rungta Students|
|Highest Package||INR 48 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 3.5 LPA|
|Recruiters||WIPRO, Cognizant, SAP Labs, Persistent, Steria, Amazon, SAP, Kony Labs, Keka, Technovert, Tudip Technologies, Tavisca, Accenture, Capgemini, Tech-Mahindra, TCS, etc|
Check: RCET Bhilai Placement
RUBI – The Latest Jewel in Rungta Clown
RUBI is a state-of-the-art, work & development environment, housed in both Campuses. It provides aspiring and budding entrepreneurs modern office spaces, with robust technology infrastructure, development tools, test facilities, prototyping equipment and other product development equipment under one roof. The incubator also provides support in guiding and mentoring projects, give access to early-stage seed and angel investments, market outreach and linkages and access to latter series venture investments, other government and institutional funding. Another key support component available to entrepreneurs in RUBI is in statutory compliances, registrations, legal documentation & IPR, so the entrepreneur can focus on their core idea while domain experts would manage these important and essential, but non-core matters. Some of the key features are:
- RUBI - First and Fully Functional Private Incubator of Chhattisgarh.
- Registered with MSME, MOE and Startup India.
- RCET & RCPSR has been Placed in the Top 50-75 Colleges in India in terms of Innovation and Incubation in ARIIA Rankings conducted by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India in 2020.
- Four-Star Rating to IIC (Institute Innovation Council) by MOE’s Innovation Cell. Govt. of India.
- Top 3 in Smart India Hackathon (India’s Largest Hackathon) Conducted by AICTE.
- Tie up with National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) through Wadhwani Foundation for Entrepreneurship Training offering six semesters of blended entrepreneurship courses.
- Tie-ups with Leading Accelerators & Incubators - Like 36 INC, Headstart, etc.
Rungta College of Engineering & Technology Scholarships
Rungta Group offers a number of scholarships and financial aids to deserving students.
- Kamala Devi Memorial Scholarship: Scholarship Scheme by the Rungta Group to Meritorious Student on based of Qualifying examination or the Entrance Examination -:
|Kamla Devi Scholarship (Based on Entrance Exam Rank)
For B.Tech/Polytechnic Course
|PET / PPT Rank (Below 100)||75% T.Fees Waiver for all 04 Years|
|PET / PPT Rank Between (101-250)||50% T.Fees Waiver for all 04 Years|
|PET / PPT Rank Between (251 -500)||25% T.Fees Waiver for all 04 Years|
- Rungta CO-WIN Scholarship (RCS): Rungta Group in its Continuous Commitment to contribute to society through its CSR Initiatives, has Launched Special Rungta CO- Win Scholarship (RCS). The details of the same can be obtained from the Admission Helpline.
- Sibling Scholarship: A Sibling Discount of 15% to the Second Sibling and 25% to each Successive Sibling for the Incoming Sibling is provided by the Rungta Group provided both are pursuing Full-time Degree Courses at the same time.
- Tie up for Education Loan: Exclusive Tie-Up with GrayQuest Education Finance to offer hassle-free Educational Loans.
Check: RCET Bhilai Scholarship
Rungta College of Engineering & Technology Facilities
Library: The libraries at Rungta College are more like Integrated Knowledge Resource Centres that are stocked with over 1 lac books in total; periodicals, references, national and international journals, covering all aspects of academic studies and research materials.
Sports Facilities: At Rungta College, sports form one of the important aspects of a student's development. Rungta College offers opportunities to students for regular work-out, lifestyle management and interaction.
Hostel: Rungta College offers comprehensive hostel facilities for boys and girls separately within the College Campus (for girls). The air-cooled residential apartment suites consist of Double/ Triple and Four Seater Rooms with an attached bathroom and sitting Balcony Lounge. The Common Rooms are equipped with sofa and cable TV. A/C hostel rooms are also available on request.
Medical Facilities: Rungta College provides great medical facilities with a full-time team of doctors available on Call residing very near to the Campus. An ambulance facility is also available on the Campus in case of any emergency.
Check: RCET Bhilai Hostel Fees
Rungta College of Engineering & Technology Faculty
RCET Bhilai has a large and diverse faculty of highly qualified and experienced faculty members. The faculty is known for its leadership in education. They are the most distinguished scholars, who constantly do research in their respective fields. The institute has a team of highly qualified faculty members, the majority of them have long teaching experience and are associated with the institution for many years.
Check: RCET Bhilai Faculty
Rungta College of Engineering & Technology FAQs
Ques. What is the intake capacity for admission at Rungta College of Engineering & Technology?
Ans. The intake capacity for admission is tabulated below:
Ques. What are the training collaboration and MOUs of RCET Bhilai?
Ans. The training collaboration and MOUs of RCET are as follows:
- Authorized Partner with Harvard Business School for Their HBS Online Courses exclusively for Students, Staff & Alumni of the group
- Authorized Tie-Up with Coursera for Offering High-End Certifications
- Authorized PAN India Institutional Partner for EC Council (International Council of E-Commerce Consultants), USA for all its Courses including CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) Programme
- Authorized Amazon Web Services (AWS) Academy offering Courses on Cloud Solutions
- A Cisco Networking Academy Offering CCNA and CCNP Programme
- Authorized VMWare Academy offering Courses on Networking & Cloud Solutions
- Authorized GoDaddy Academy offering Web Developer Courses
- Authorized Red Hat Academy offering High-End Network Certifications
- Authorized Paloalto Networks Cybersecurity Academy offering Courses on Cyber Security & Network Security
- Part of Blueprism University Academia Programme Offering High-End Robotics Certifications
- Authorized Microchip Academic Program Partner Offering Courses on VHDL & PCB Designing
- Mou with National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) from Wadhwani Foundation for Offering Entrepreneurship Training
- Authorized Microsoft IT Academy for Offering Certifications and Training for all Microsoft Products
- Authorized Test Centre of Pearson VUE
- Tie up for Sponsored Lab by Texas Instruments, USA, Through Edge Technologies
- Tech Centre of Electronics for you for Offering training Courses in Electronics
- A Vocational Training Provider of Chhattisgarh State Skill Development Mission (CSSDM)
Ques. Can I be employed during my course?
Ans. No, these are full-time programs. You will not be able to take on any paid employment through the duration of the program.