The Sinhgad institute of technology and science, also known as SKNSITS is a private institute in Lonavala and was established in 2011 and is a part of the Sinhgad Technical Education Society. The institute offers are programs in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering & Information Technology, and ME in Mechanical Design Engineering & Computer Engineering. Admission to the BE program is done through the JEE exam score followed by counseling. The admission to ME courses is offered based on a valid GATE score and the final selection will be done through MHT CET.
Some of the top recruiters of the institute include Accenture, Cognizant, Infosys, TCS, Persistent Ltd., Zensar Technologies, Faurecia
SKN Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2011 | Private|
|Accredited By||NAAC – A grade|
|Affiliated With||Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|Courses Offered||BE and ME|
|Entrance Exam||MHT CET and GATE|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
SKN Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science Courses
The institute offers UG and PG courses in Engineering stream in various specializations-
|BE||Specialization: Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 50% in 10+2 (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics), 45% for reserve category
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (EE-Main)
|ME||Specialization: Computer Engineering and Mechanical Design
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree with 50%
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (MHT CET + GATE)
SKN Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science Admission
The admissions at the Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science are done via the Central Admission Process (CAP) by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra (DTE-MS).
How to Apply?
- Candidates need to download the application form from the official website of SKNSITS
- Fill in the particulars, including the entrance exam (MHT-CET/ JEE).
- The CAP is notified by the DTE-MS.
- After the CAP rounds, admissions are done at institute level or vacant seats.
- Applying for the MHT-CET exam is done via the online portal.
- Fill the application form with the personal, academic details and upload Scanned Images of Candidate’s Photograph and Signature.
- Pay the application fee through Debit card /Credit card/ Net banking/ UPI/ PAYTM by following the online instructions.
The admissions into various courses are divided by the following breakup –
- 65 % of seats – MHT-CET
- 15 % of seats – JEE (Main)
- 20 % of seats – Institute Level Quota
SKN Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science Facilities
- Hostel: Separate hostels for boys and girls.
- Infrastructure: The Lecture Rooms are equipped with the latest teaching aids. These include Overhead and LCD Projectors, Laptops, Multimedia Kits and Audio-Visual Equipment.
- Library: The campus library along with the digital library has plenty of books and journals.
- Wifi: The entire institute campus is connected through an around-the-clock, high-speed reliable Internet connection.
- Labs: The institute’s laboratories and related infrastructure are comparable to international standards.
- Extracurricular activities: Regular features at SKNSITS include extracurricular activities such as annual cultural festivals, technical events and sports meets.
- Other Facilities: 24-Hours power backup, Laundry, Ladies and Gents parlour, ATM and Fruit stall facilities are available, the medical store is open round the clock, Security arrangements are done on the campus.
SKN Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science Faculty
The institute has a total of 65 faculty members across all 6 departments comprising Professors, Associate professors and assistant professors.
SKN Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science FAQs
Ques. How many hostels are there for boys and girls at SKNSITS?
Ques. Are there any value-added programs held at SKN Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science?
Ques. How is one supposed to pay the fees for SKN Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science?
Ques. What all documents are required for admission at SKN Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science?
- CET/ JEE Score Card 2020-21
- 10th and 12th Mark sheets
- School/ College Leaving Certificate
- Domicile Certificate/ Birth certificate
- Nationality/ Attested passport photocopy/ Birth certificate (OMS Student)
- Migration Certificate
- Caste/ Non-creamy layer certificate/Economically Weak Certificate (If applicable)
- Aadhaar Card (Photocopy)
- PAN Card (Photocopy)
- Education Gap Affidavit (If applicable)
- Physical Handicapped Certificate (If applicable)
- ARC/ FC Registration
Ques. What are the attendance rules at SKN Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science?