School of Engineering and Technology, Jain University (SET JU), Bangalore is ranked 5 among Top 5 Private Universities in India and was awarded Best Excellence and Innovation in Engineering (South) by Edtech. SET JU, Bangalore offers degree courses in the discipline of Engineering and Technology.
SET JU Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2005 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Accredited to||NAAC with ‘A’ grade|
National: GATE/ Uni-GUAGE
|Courses Offered | Type||3 | UG and PG|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online | INR 600|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Cognizant, Dunzo, HP, IBM, Infosys|
|Campus Area||350 acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Library, Sports and Games|
SET JU Rankings and Awards
School of Engineering and Technology Bangalore has been decorated with many awards. Some of them are:
- QS Ranking 91 – 95
- NIRF Ranking 9th in Karnataka and 115th in India among 9036 Engineering Colleges.
- A-Grade with CGPA of 3.31 by National Accreditation.
- Jain (Deemed-to-be-University) has ranked #2 under the young Universities category in Karnataka by Ksurf Icare.
- India’s Leading Education magazine knowledge review has been recognized as Jain (Deemed to be University) as India’s 10 best institutions of ‘Biological Sciences’.
- Awarded Graded Autonomy by UGC under the categorization of universities for grant of graded autonomy regulations.
SET JU Courses
SET JU, Bangalore offers UG and PG courses in the discipline of Engineering and Technology. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|B.Tech||Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence), Computer Science and Engineering (Internet of Things), Computer Science and Engineering (Cyber Security), Computer Engineering (Software Engineering), Information Science and Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering (Cloud Technology and Mobile Application), Computer Science & Engineering (Cloud Technology and Information Security), Computer Science & Engineering (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning), Mechanical Engineering (Mechatronics), Mechanical Engineering (3D printing), Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Electric Mobility and Smart Systems), Electrical & Electronics Engineering (IoT Energy Management), Civil Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering (Embedded systems and Industrial IOT), Electronics & Communication Engineering (Cellular Technology)||
|B.Tec (Hons.)||Computer Science & Engineering (Data Science)|
|B.Tech Lateral Entry||Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence), Computer Science and Engineering (Internet of Things), Computer Science and Engineering (Cyber Security), Computer Engineering (Software Engineering), Information Science and Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering (Cloud Technology and Mobile Application), Computer Science & Engineering (Cloud Technology and Information Security), Computer Science & Engineering (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning), Mechanical Engineering (Mechatronics), Mechanical Engineering (3D printing), Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Electric Mobility and Smart Systems), Electrical & Electronics Engineering (IoT Energy Management), Civil Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering (Embedded systems and Industrial IOT), Electronics & Communication Engineering (Cellular Technology), Data Science||Diploma in a relevant subject with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (40% for reserved category candidates)|
|M.Tech||Energy & Environmental Management, Structural Engineering, Construction Technology, Embedded System Technologies, Computer Science and Engineering, Cyber Security, Data Sciences, Artificial Intelligence, Structure and Design and Food Technology||
SET JU Admission
Step 1: New User Registration
- Enter all the relevant details carefully
- An Email will be sent from Jain University to authenticate your Email ID. Kindly authenticate to go ahead for further applying process
- All the communications will be sent to your registered E-mail ID and Mobile Number.
Step 2: Filling the online application form
- Provide all relevant details carefully, before submission
- Academic & Additional Information
- Upload your recent passport size (3.5 x 4.5cm) Colour photograph* (Photo should be in .jpg or .png format and maximum file size allotted in 50 KB).
- Upload your 10th std, 12th std, and all semester mark sheet (Mark sheet should be in .jpg, .png or PDF format and maximum file size allotted is 100 KB).
- An application number will be generated after submission
- Refer your application number for all your future correspondence
Step 3: Mode of Payment
- Online mode through Net banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card. The application fee is INR 600 for General Candidates.
- Coupons can be purchased by cash at Admission Office
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following exams followed by Counselling:
- JET is mandatory (OR)
- The score of Uni-Guage is also accepted by the university.
- Request for change of Mobile Number/ E-mail ID/ Correspondence Address will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- At the time of the transaction, if the amount is debited please do not try new applications. Please wait for 24 hours and try for the payment once again in the same registered Email ID
- If the amount is not debited, you can try the payment again.
- There is no Working Professional programs offered Under M.Tech for this academic year.
Check: SET-JU Bangalore Admission
SET JU Placement
SET-JU Bangalore assures its students of 100% placement opportunities and they have successfully been able to keep up with that. SET-JU Bangalore organizes “Education Fairs” and “Job Fairs” with 1000+ job opportunities. School of Engineering and Technology Jain University Bangalore offers career and industry-oriented training programs from the 4th semester onwards to its students. The highest CTC offered amounts to INR 32 LPA. Placement highlights of SET-JU is as follows:
|Name of the Company||Number of Students Placed|
|JK Techno Soft||6|
|Cyraacs Services Pvt Ltd||2|
The following graph depicts the yearwise placement of Students in Engineering and Technology:
The following graph depicts the yearwise salary statistics of B.Tech students:
Check: SET-JU Banglore Placement
SET JU Scholarships
The university believes in promoting higher education among deserving and meritorious students. It offers a number of scholarships under various categories. The scholarships are granted to students on the basis of scores secured in CET, COMEDK, Uni-GAUGE, and JEE Main & Advanced. For CBSE / ISE board students, scholarships will be awarded on a merit basis.
Note: Scholarships are disbursed on a first-come, first-served basis, after the scrutiny of the scorecards/ mark sheets and the subsequent approval from the university officials.
SET JU Facility
Library: The library is well stocked with a rich collection of books around 30,000 other than CDs, DVDs and Journals. The library has more than 120 national and international periodicals with internet access.
Seminar Hall: SET JU has one of the fascinating seminar halls, built-in theatre style. Faculty and students use it for conducting seminars, student club activities and recruitment drives.
Auditorium: The auditorium is well furnished with state-of-the-art facilities to conduct corporate events, seminars, student activities and general announcements.
Cafeteria: The cafeteria is a hub for student activities, both formal and informal. It is a place where students exchange their ideas and strategies for everyday activities/ assignments.
Hostel: The Hostel Facility is available for both male and female students. The Hostel rooms are available on sharing basis as below:
- Boys Hostel: 2 Sharing and 3 Sharing
- Girls Hostel: 2 Sharing, 3 Sharing and 4 Sharing
SET JU Faculty
Given below are the details of the faculty of the institute:
Dr. Adarsha H.
- Designation: Associate Professor and HOD
- Qualification: M.S, Ph.D
- Area of Specialization: Metal Matrix Composites
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualification: M.Sc (Eng.)
- Work Experience: 23 years
Dr. Shweta Gupta
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: Ph.D
- Area of Specialization: Bio-Medical
Hari Krishna Moorthy
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: M.Tech
- Area of Specialization: Applied Electronics
Asha K. S.
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: M.Tech, Ph.D
- Area of Specialization: Digital Electronics
Check: SET-JU Bangalore Faculty
SET JU FAQs
Ques. Does the SET JU, Bangalore provide an accommodation facility?
Ans. The Jain (Deemed-to-be University) Faculty of Engineering and Technology Hostel is a home away from home. The residential arrangements are separate for boys and girls. University accommodations are managed by the Hostel Management Division. The facilities are guided strictly by the sense of comfort and quality of life for students.
In a room, 2 inmates with attached bathroom & hostel provide a cot, a mattress, one set of bedsheets and a pillow cover, a study table, a chair and a cupboard for each student. Every hostel has a solar-heated water facility, common water cooler, common TV room, etc. Room furniture and electric fittings are required to be maintained by the inmates in good condition. At the time of allotment of room and leaving the hostel for the summer vacation, every student must take-over and hand-over, respectively, the hostel property carefully. Students should invariably vacate the hostel during summer vacation. For more information, click here
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for international students?
Ans. The eligibility criteria for international students is as follows:
- International Baccalaureate students should get 30 credits to qualify for the course
- Cambridge students must study at A level (advanced level) including Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- NIOS Candidates are eligible to apply
Ques. What is the address and contact number of SET JU Bangalore?
Ans. The address and contact number of SET JU Bangalore is as follows:
School of Engineering & Technology,
#44/4, District Fund Road,
Behind Big Bazaar, Jayanagara 9th Block
Contact No. +91 73376 18222