Table of Contents
Jain Entrance Test (JET) 2020 Application Form (Released), Dates, Syllabus, Eligibility and Result
Jain Entrance Test or JET 2020 is an entrance exam conducted for admission to various UG and PG courses offered by Jain University. For B. Tech courses, application forms are released separately. JET 2020 exam for B.Tech will be conducted on April 26, 2020 and for other UG courses is April 24 & 25, 2020. Those candidates who are willing to apply for the b.tech course can fill JET 2020 Application Form from November 18, 2019.
Latest: Jain Entrance Test Admit Card has been released for PG Courses – Download Here
|JET Eligibility||JET Exam Pattern|
Jain University is a private university situated in Bangalore, Karnataka. Admission to all courses in Jain University is based on merit cum rank obtained in JET 2020. Check all the details related to Jain entrance Test 2020 in the article below.
JET 2020 Highlights
For PG Courses – January 19, 2020
For B.Tech Program – April 26, 2020
For UG Courses – April 24 & 25, 2020
|Conducting body||Jain University|
|Eligibility||UG: Qualified 10+2 exam with 60% aggregate; PG: Graduation degree with 50% aggregate|
|Mode of JET 2020||Online and Offline|
B Tech: Objective exam
UG: Objective exam, GD and PI
PG: Objective exam and PI
|Duration of JET 2020||3 hours (180 minutes)|
JET 2020 Exam Dates
The proposed schedule for JET 2020 is mentioned in the table below. Some dates are tentative and are subject to changes as per the discretion of Jain University
|Application Form for B.Tech||November 18, 2019|
|Issue of Hall Ticket for UG||April 08, 2020|
|Issue of Hall Ticket for PG||January 15, 2020 (Released)|
|JET 2020 for B.Tech||April 26, 2020|
|JET 2020 for Postgraduate||January 19, 2020|
|Declaration of Results||April 27, 2020|
|counselling Dates / Seat Allotment||April 28 to 29, 2020|
|Last Date for Blocking the Seat||April 23, 2020|
|JET 2020 UG Exam||April 24 and 25, 2020|
|JET PG 2020 (Regular Round)||January 19, 2020|
Courses Offered Through JET 2020
Jain University offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programs with different specializations. All the UG and PG programs offered by the university are tabulated below.
|UG Courses||PG Courses|
|B Com (Regular/ Professional/ Honors)||M Com (Electives/ Specialization)|
|BBA||MCA (Electives/ Specialization)|
|BA (Professional)||MSc IT|
|BSc (Regular/ Professional)||MA|
|B Tech (Regular/ Lateral Entry)||M Tech|
|BCA (Electives/ Specialization)||M Tech (Working Professional)|
|-||MBA (Single/ Dual Specialization/ MBA+MIB|
JET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for JET 2020 is as set up by Jain University. The eligibility norms must be fulfilled to apply for the exam. The eligibility criteria for various courses is stated below:
Bachelor of Technology (B Tech Course, Duration: Four years, Full time)
- Passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject
- Obtained at least 60% marks in the above subjects taken together
- Aspirants should have passed (or are awaiting results of) Class 12 exams in the respective stream from a recognized board.
- Also, he/she must have secured at least 60% aggregate (5% relaxation for SC/ ST category) in the qualifying exam
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree (minimum 3 years) in any discipline with an aggregate of 50% in the qualifying exam.
- Those applying for executive courses must have required work experience
JET 2020 Application Form
JET 2020 Application Form can now be filled by students interested to pursue the various programs offered by Jain University. Fill up general details like personal information and academic qualifications in the form. The application forms can be filled via online and offline mode. Steps to apply are:
- Online Registration by giving basic details to create a candidate’s login account.
- Fill JET 2020 Application form and upload required documents.
- Payment of application fee via offline or online mode
How to fill JET 2020 Application Form Online?
Aspirants can follow the steps give below to apply online for the Jain University entrance exam:
Step 1: Registration
- Log on to the official Jain University website and click on ‘Apply for JET 2020 UG/ PG program’.
- Participants will have to provide basic details about themselves like their name, mobile number, email ID and choose a password. Check these details and click on ‘Register’.
- They will receive an email upon successful registration
Step 2: Filling JET 2020 Application form
- Aspirants must login using their email address and password.
- Choose the program from dropdown and click on ‘Create Application’
- Provide your personal, communication and academic details.
- Upload scanned images of recent passport size photograph, signature, academic certificates of Class10 & 12 and graduation degree as per given specifications.
- After uploading the documents, see the preview of the application form. Verify all the details and click on ‘Submit’.
- Take a print out of the filled in application form and save it for future reference
Step 3: Fee Payment
- The final step is to pay the JET 2020 application fee.
- Fees can be submitted through to online mode (Credit/ Debit card, Net banking).
- The amount of application fee will vary as per program chosen by applicants
How to fill JET 2020 Application Form Offline?
- Candidates can also fill the application form via offline mode.
- To submit JET 2020 Application Form offline attach your passport size photograph, signature, class 10 & 12 mark sheet and bachelor’s degree mark sheet (pg courses) along with the form.
- Draw a demand draft of INR 600 in favor of ‘JET University- SET’ payable at Bangalore.
- They must fill the complete application form of JET 2020 and send it by post along with the enclosures to the following address:
#44/4, District Fund Road, Jayanagar 9th Block
Mobile: +91 8861944441, 8123855824
Submission of Application Fee
Individuals can pay the application fees for JET 2020 i.e. INR 600. It can be rendered by card or net banking. Fees should be paid within the stipulated time period as per the course is chosen. The mode of payment can be:
- Credit/Debit Card: Payment of fees can be paid through Master/Visa Credit/Debit Card.
- Net Banking: Payment of fees can be paid through Net Banking.
JET 2020 Admit Card
JET 2020 Admit Card will be issued to successfully registered candidates.
- The details about the participant such as his Name, Roll Number, Date of birth, Time slot and the exam centre allotted with its address will be printed on JET 2020 Hall ticket.
Steps to download JET 2020 Admit Card are given below:
- Log on to the official website of JET 2020 i.e. jainuniversity.ac.in.
- Click on the link to ‘Download JET 2020 Admit Card’
- You will be redirected to a page, enter registered email address and password.
- Admit card will appear on the screen. After verifying all the details, take a print out of it.
JET 2020 Exam Centers
JET 2020 will be conducted across various centres in India. Candidates who opt for the online mode of the exam will be allowed to choose their preferred exam center while filling the application form. The exam is conducted in both offline and online mode. However, the offline exam will be conducted in the Jain University campus only on the specified dates as well as the online exam will be conducted by PAN India.
JET 2020 Exam Pattern
JET 2020 will be conducted in the offline and online mode. The exam pattern will be different according to the course chosen by students. The courses which have GD/ PI rounds must first qualify the entrance exam. Here are some highlights of JET 2020 Exam Pattern:
B Tech Programs
- 90 Marks- MCQ’s pertaining to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, 30 Marks- MCQ’s pertaining to Aptitude and Logical Reasoning and 30 Marks- MCQ’s pertaining to English
- A total of 150 questions must be solved within 3 hours
- Passed in 12th /PUC or ISC/CBSE or equivalent board with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with Chemistry / Electronics / Computer Science / Biology
- Candidates applying for Jain through JET should have a minimum aggregate of 60 % (5% relaxation for SC / ST)
- IB students should get minimum of 26 credits to qualify for the course
- Cambridge students must study 3 subjects at ‘A’ Level (Advanced level) including Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Candidates who have completed XII or equivalent exams or final year students of class XII or its equivalent, awaiting examination results may also apply
- NIOS candidates are eligible to apply for Jain Entrance Test.
- The maximum marks allotted is 150.
- The test is designed to test candidates' aptitude suited to the chosen program.
- Aspirants must qualify all the stages to be eligible for counselling
- This test will also have 4 sections- Essay writing, Subject-based questions, Basic Mathematics and Current affairs.
- The first 3 segments will be of 20 marks each while the Current Affairs section will be of 40 marks.
- Candidates who qualify the test are called for GD and PI rounds.
- These rounds are meant to assess the personality traits and attitude of students
|Mode of exam||Online and Offline|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Medium of language||English|
JET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for JET 2020 will cover topics of 10+2 level of PCME (for engineering) and other subjects according to the undergraduate course chosen by applicants. The syllabus for PG programs will consist of topics covered in the respective curriculum covered during graduation. Topics are divided into two sections which are given below:
- Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry – 11th class and 12th class CBSE questions
- 20 Questions from English grammar
JET 2020 Result
JET 2020 Result is declared soon after the exam is conducted. The results will be announced on the official website in the form of a rank list. The results of the exam for various programs can be checked using few steps:
- Log on to the official Jain University website.
- Select the link of ‘JET 2020 Result’.
- Enter your login credentials to view your result.
The drawing out of the merit list is subjective to the availability of seats for various courses. Candidates whose names are enlisted in the merit lists will be eligible for further selection process.
JET 2020 Selection Process
Jain University will begin the selection process soon after the declaration of JET 2020 Result. It will be done on the basis of the applicants' performance in the entrance exam.
- Qualifying candidates will be invited via email to appear for counselling process (GD/PI) at the University.
- Students should be present in-person to attend the counselling round as per the schedule uploaded by the institute.
- Aspirants will be given provisional admission based on the marks secured in the entrance test during the counselling process.
- Such individuals will be required to produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination and other documents.
Candidates will have to produce the following original documents at the time of JET 2020 Counselling:
- Class 10 & Class 12/ PUC/ SYJC/ Equivalent exam (Original +2 copies)
- 10 passport size photographs along with 10 stamp size photographs
- Transfer Certificate form college/ institute last attended (Original+ 2 copies)
- Migration Certificate (Original+ 2 copies) (for non- Karnataka candidates)
- Caste certificate and Income certificate (Original + 2 copies, if required)
- Parent or Guardian’s PAN card photocopy
- Provisional Admission offer letter (Original to be collected from the Admissions office of Jain University)
- Photocopy of provisional admission fee receipt
Note: Applicant will be required to pay the balance fee at the time of the submission of original documents at the Kanakpura campus.
#44/4, District Fund Road, Jayanagar 9th Block,
M: +91 8861944441, 8123855824 Land Line: 080-46650130
School of Engineering & Technology,
45th km, NH - 209, Jakkasandra Post
Bangalore - Kanakapura Main Road, Ramanagara District - 562 112
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College