COMEDK UGET 2019 Result, Cut Off and Counselling
COMEDK is a state level exam conducted by Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) for admission to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch courses. This year, COMEDK UGET 2019 was scheduled for May 12 in online (computer-based) mode.
Latest: COMEDK UGET 2019 Counselling is started from July 1 to July 13, 2019 – Check Here
- Last year, the first rank was bagged by Durbha Aditya (National Public School, Bangalore) who scored 168 marks out of 180. Check COMEDK Cut offs
- Only COMEDK qualifiers can check their result and save their scorecard till admission. CheckCOMEDK UGET Counselling
- Intermediate graduates from all over the country are eligible for the exam.
- Application Fee for the exam is now INR 1500.
- For those who wish to apply for both COMEDK and UniGAUGE, the new fee is INR 2400.
- The exam is expected to be conducted across 300 Exam Centers for engineering programs which offer around 20000 seats.
- As per the test pattern, the CBT will have MCQs in English only.
Highlights of COMEDK UGET
|Exam Name||Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known As||COMEDK UGET|
|Conducting Institute||Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)|
|Type of Examination||State Level|
|Category of Examination||Undergraduate Examination|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test|
|Available Seats||20,000 (approx.)|
|Number of Applicants||Around 72,152|
COMEDK UGET 2019 Exam Dates
In the below table, we are providing the official schedule of COMEDK UGET 2019:
|Start of registration for COMEDK UGET 2019||January 16, 2019|
|Availability of Mock Test Online||February 5, 2019 – Know more|
|Last date for filling the application form|
|Online Form Correction|
|COMEDK UGET Hall Ticket||May 05, 2019 – May 11, 2019|
COMEDK UGET and Uni-Gauge E 2019
Engineering Entrance Examination 2019
|May 12, 2019 (From 10 am to 1 pm)|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||May 16, 2019|
|Apply for Challenges and Objection-Raising||May 16, 2019 to May 20, 2019|
|Release of Final Answer Key||May 24, 2019|
|COMEDK UGET 2019 Result and Test Score Release||May 27, 2019|
|Counselling Session of COMEDK UGET||July 1 to July 13, 2019|
COMEDK UGET Eligibility
Candidates must ensure that they fulfil COMEDK Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. If at any point they are found to be ineligible, their candidature will be cancelled with immediate effect.
For B. Tech aspirants
- Those who are appearing/have qualified 10+2 exam with minimum 45% aggregate in PCM and English. (40% for reserved category candidates of Karnataka).
- Should have passed each subject individually.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible for COMEDK since no lateral entry is allowed in the course.
- Appearing for COMEDK Entrance Test will also be considered an attempt for figuring in the rank list.
For B. Arch aspirants
COMEDK UGET 2019 Application Form
To apply for engineering programs, candidates have to register in the below-mentioned manner. We are providing the steps to fill the application form:
- Visit the official website of COMEDK i.e. comedk.org
- Click on the link and get registered yourself on the website.
- Fill all the details required in the registration/application form along with the valid mobile number and the email ID.
- After successful registration, you will receive a unique email ID and password on your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Login with system generated user ID and password to complete the application process.
- Fill all the details in the application form such as personal, academic qualification, test centers, and some other necessary details.
- Upload the recent color photograph (30mm x 45mm) in JPEG format with not more than 80kb. The size of the uploaded signature should be (35mm x 80m) with the maximum file size of 80kb.
- Candidates also have to upload the signature of father/guardian and unique Id proof in 80kb and 150 kb formats, respectively.
- Proceed to make payment by clicking on the payment gateway mode.
- You can re-login and check your status for the payment.
- Before clicking on the submit button preview your COMEDK UGET 2019 Application Form by clicking on “Preview” button and re-verify your application form.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Admit Card
- COMEDK UGET 2019 Admit Card will be provided through online mode ONLY.
- The COMEDK UGET Test Admission Ticket (TAT) was available from May 5 – 11, 2019.
- No applicant will be allowed to sit in the examination hall without the admit card.
- The candidates are advised to preserve the TAT until the admissions are confirmed.
- COMEDK UGET Hall Ticket will also be required in the counselling process.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Exam Centers
- COMEDK UGET 2019 will be conducted in around 140 exam cities across India.
- The test cities are allotted to candidates on first come first serve basis.
- A candidate can choose and select 3 cities in order of preference at the time of applying for the exam.
- The option of the city chosen by the candidate cannot be changed subsequently under any circumstance.
- In case of non-availability of slots/centers in a city of your choice at the time of completing your application, you may choose to book a slot in an alternative city from the available list in the Online Application form.
- If for any reason, a test city has to be cancelled or is non-available, applicants who had opted for the cancelled/non-available test city will be allotted a center at another city by COMEDK.
- COMEDK reserves the right to allot any other Exam City other than the preference indicated by the applicant.
- Each city can have one or more centers. The allocation of COMEDK UGET 2019 Exam Centers is done through a computer-assisted randomization/optimization process.
- The allocated center will be communicated on the online test admission ticket (online TAT).
Check COMEDK UGET Exam Centers below:
COMEDK UGET 2019 Exam Pattern
- Medium of Exam: English Only
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark for correct answer
- Negative Marking: no negative marking for wrong or unanswered question
- However, in the event of a tie in the test score the principle of least negative responses (Number of wrong answers) will be adopted. In addition, if required, other methods may be adopted to break ties.
- Total Marks: 180
|Subjects||PCM (B.E)||Date & Time|
|Physics||60 MCQ||May 12, 2019 (From 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM)|
Read More COMEDK 2019 Exam Pattern
Download Previous Year Question Paper/Sample Papers
COMEDK UGET Syllabus
Students must be aware of the syllabus before they start preparing for the exam. The following tables include the syllabus of 10 + 2 /11th and 12th STD /1st and 2nd PUC.
|General Dimensions||Modern Physics||Electricity and Magnetism|
|Thermal Physics||Mechanics||Centripetal and Centrifugal force|
|Hooke’s Law and Force||Sound and Mechanics Waves||Optics|
|Electricity and Magnetism||Oscillations||Thermal and Chemical effects of Current|
|Mole Concept||Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding||Measurement in Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||Gaseous and Liquid State||Surface Chemistry|
|Solid State||Solutions||Chemical Kinetics|
|Classification of elements & periodicity in properties||P-block elements||Metal and Metallurgy|
|F block elements||Co-ordination Compounds||Basic Concepts|
|Aldehydes and Ketones||Carbohydrates||Carboxylic Acids|
|Nuclear Chemistry||Chemistry in Action||-|
|Circles||Differential Equations||Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Vector algebra||Integral Calculus||Probability|
|Matrices and Determinants||Differential calculus||Number System|
Check Here COMEDK UGET 2019 Syllabus
- The Chemistry section is usually easy. It focuses on basic theoretical concepts, so most of the students can glide through it with ease.
- The Physics section was slightly tricky but if you practice enough sample papers, it won’t be too difficult to score well.
- Mathematics was the toughest section of the paper. It is lengthy with time-consuming calculations and thus the most challenging subject in the exam.
- Questions from English are generally easy and quick to solve.
COMEDK UGET Answer Keys
- The answer key will be published by the exam conducting authority through online mode.
- The authority will release a provisional & final answer key for the candidates.
- The provisional answer key was posted on May 16, 2019.
- Candidates was able to submit their objections till May 20, 2019.
- Candidates have to pay INR 500 to challenge the answer key.
- The final answer key was available on May 24, 2019.
- After the release of the COMEDK UGET 2019 answer key, the result (test scores) will be declared online by COMEDK on May 27, 2019.
The exam opens up 29 courses for students who wish to pursue B.Tech. Check out the table for a list of all the courses.
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||Aerospace Engineering|
|Information Science||Bio Medical Engineering|
|Electronics & Communications Engineering||Automobiles Engineering|
|Telecommunication Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|Information Technology and Engineering||Computer Science Engineering|
|Medical Electronics||Construction Tech & Management|
|Mechatronics Engineering||Textile Engineering|
|Manufacturing Science & Engineering||Mining Engineering|
|Industrial Engineering & Management||Mechanical Engineering|
|Ceramic & Cement Technology||Marine Engineering|
|Automation & Robotics Engineering||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
|Biotechnology||Industrial Engineering & Production|
|Civil Engineering||Environmental Engineering|
|Aeronautical Engineering||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
COMEDK UGET Result 2019
- Candidates can check their COMEDK UGET 2019 results on May 27, 2019 in online mode.
- After the result declaration, the merit list will be prepared.
- Candidates will be called for the counselling on the basis of the merit list.
- The conducting authority will also release COMEDK UGET Cut off for engineering & architecture courses after the result declaration.
COMEDK Result will show the following things:
- Application/Registration No.
- Candidate’s photo
- Admit Card/ TAT No.
- Candidate’s contact Details
- Date of Birth
- Stream Chosen
- Unique photo ID Proof details
- Test Score
- Test Rank
COMEDK UGET 2019 Cut off
COMEDK UGET Cut off will be different for various colleges, branch and categories. The cut off list will contain opening rank and closing rank category-wise and branch-wise. Closing rank is the last rank after which admission is closed to the member institutions of COMEDK. The tentative qualifying marks for COMEDK UGET 2019 are as follows:
|Category||Qualifying Marks (Tentative)|
|Other Backward Classes||40%|
Previous Years Cut Off for Top 10 Colleges
Here we are providing the previous year’s cut off for top 10 colleges which accept COMEDK UGET scores:
|Top Engineering Colleges in Karnataka accepting COMEDK UGET score||2017||2016|
|BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore||10928||13058|
|Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||13683||21514|
|RV College of Engineering, Bangalore||7558||8337|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore||23754||48843|
|Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||51075||54508|
|KLE Technological University, Hubli||46039||47202|
|Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore||31541||53759|
|Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore||53696||51148|
|Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||38491||47630|
|The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore||4587||34361|
A Merit List/Rank List will be prepared by the exam authorities. Those who make it to the Rank List will be eligible for centralized counselling. This merit list will be drawn on the basis of candidate’s performance, exam score, rank and the total number of seats available. Only those students who meet the minimum cutoff will be included in the list. Admission into engineering and architecture colleges will be solely based on this merit list.
Ties in the test scores, if any, will be resolved based on the following order specified:
- The principle of least negative responses (number of wrong answers) in 1) Physics, 2) Mathematics and 3) Chemistry
- Aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics in the Entrance Test
- Marks in Mathematics in the Entrance Test
- Age of the Candidate, the elder candidate is ranked higher than the younger candidate.
COMEDK UGET Counselling 2019
- COMEDK will organize a centralized single window counselling or seat selection process of COMEDK for admission into engineering & architecture courses offered by the affiliated colleges of COMEDK.
- The counselling related information such as counselling schedule or procedure will be published on this page within the prescribed time.
- COMEDK UGET counselling will be started from July 1 to 13, 2019 through offline mode.
- The counselling will be held in two rounds.
- The admission will be done on the basis of a marks score in the examination.
COMEDK (UGET) FAQs
Ques 1. What is COMEDK UGET 2019?
Ans 1. COMEDK UGET is a state level exam conducted annually by COMEDK, to determine candidate’s merit for admission into UG courses for engineering and architecture in Karnataka.
Ques 2. Who will conduct COMEDK UGET 2019?
Ans 2. COMEDK UGET is managed by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental of Karnataka(COMEDK).
Ques 3. Is COMEDK UGET only for the Karnataka students?
Ans 3. No, COMEDK UGET is open to all India candidates.
Ques 4. How is KCET different for COMEDK?
Ans 4. KCET is the state entrance exam and offers admissions to the Govt colleges and private ones too. COMEDK is the consortium of Medical and Engineering colleges of Karnataka and is for admissions to the courses in the private colleges which participate or are members of the same. Moreover, KCET is for Karnataka students only while COMEDK is open to any student from the country.
Ques 5. How can I apply for the COMEDK UGET exam?
Ans 5. You can apply for COMEDK UGET through online mode. Check the application section for more details.
Ques 6. Can I apply in Medical or Dental College on the basis of COMEDK UGET Score?
Ans 6. COMEDK only organizes entrance test for engineering and architecture courses. For admission to Medical and Dental Colleges, you will have to apply for NEET 2019.
Ques 7. Is COMEDK Score valid for admission into Architecture program?
Ans 7. The admission to the architecture program will be based on NATA Score. However, candidates will have to fill up the COMEDK UGET 2019 Application form.
Ques 8. What is the minimum eligibility for engineering & Architecture course?
Ans 8. Candidates have to pass 10+2 or any equivalent examination to be eligible for the exam.
Ques 9. Is there a separate application form for engineering & architecture course?
Ans 9. Yes, you have to fill a different application form for engineering & architecture courses.
Ques 9. When will the application form for COMEDK UGET 2019 be available?
Ans 10. COMEDK UGET 2019 application form will be available online from January 16 to April 21, 2019.
Ques 11. Is the registration process for the examination done online?
Ans 11. Yes, COMEDK UGET 2019 Application is done in the online mode only.
Ques 12. Are the dates different for COMEDK UGET 2019 online and offline applications?
Ans 12. COMEDK UGET 2019 Application form will be available only in online mode. There is no offline mode for COMEDK UGET 2019 Application Process. The application form will only be available from January 16 to April 21, 2019.
Ques 13. I made mistakes in my COMEDK UGET 2019 application form. Will there be a correction facility available for the application form of COMEDK UGET 2019?
Ans 13. COMEDK UGET 2019 application form should be filled-in very carefully and all the information must be entered correctly, as COMEDK does not provide any facility for application correction. However, before fee payment and final submission of the application form, you can change the application details and make corrections.
Ques 14. What is the Application fee for COMEDK UGET 2019?
Ans 14. The application fee is INR 1200. But if you wish to apply for colleges under ERA Foundation as well, then the fee is INR 2000.
Ques 15. How can I pay the application fee Online?
Ans 15. You can use net banking/credit card/debit card of any bank to make the payment.
Ques 16. When is the slot booking for COMEDK UGET 2019?
Ans 16. The slot booking (choosing the preference of exam centre city) will be available while filling the application form. It will be available from the second week of February to the third week of April 2019.
Ques 17. When can we download the admit card of COMEDK UGET 2019?
Ans 17. You can download COMEDK UGET 2019 Admit Card from May 5 to May 11, 2019.
Ques 18. What is TAT?
Ans 18. The COMEDK Admit card is called Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT).
Ques 19. Is there any use of Admit card after the examination is over?
Ans 19. Yes, candidates are advised to preserve the TAT till the admission process. COMEDK UGET Admit call will also be required in the counselling process.
Ques 20. Does COMEDK provide us with Mock Tests?
Ans 20. Yes, COMEDK will release a Mock Test in the month of February.
Ques 21. What is the exam pattern of COMEDK UGET 2019?
Ans 21. The 3-hour exam will be held in online mode on May 12, 2019. The question paper will comprise of 180 Multiple Choice Questions.
Ques 22. What is the language of the question paper?
Ans 22. The language of the question paper will be English.
Ques 23. Does COMEDK have negative marking?
Ans 23. There will be no negative marking for the incorrect responses.
Ques 24. What is the syllabus for COMEDK UGET 2019 Examination?
Ans 24. The syllabus will consist of the 2nd PUC/Class XII syllabus of mainly three subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Ques 25. Will COMEDK release the Answer key after the UGET?
Ans 25. Yes, COMEDK will release a provisional & final answer key for the candidates. The provisional answer key will be available from May 16, 2019 to May 20, 2019
Ques 26. When will the final answer key be published? Can we challenge the Final Answer key?
Ans 26. The final answer key will be available on May 25, 2019. The final answer key cannot be challenged.
Ques 27. When will the COMEDK UGET result 2019 be announced?
Ans 27. COMEDK UGET 2019 Result will be announced on May 28, 2019 on the official website.
Ques 28. What is COMEDK UGET 2019 Merit List?
Ans 28. COMEDK UGET Rank list/Merit list will carry the list of candidates who qualify for participating in counselling and seat allotment.
Ques 29. Is the result or rank card required for COMEDK UGET counselling?
Ans 29. Yes, you will need COMEDK UGET 2019 Rank Card during the counselling.
Ques 30. How is the COMEDK UGET rank decided when two students get the same marks?
Ans 30. In such a case, tie-breaker or Inter Se Merit will be applied to give ranks to candidates. This means that the ranks of two such candidates will be given in the following order:
- Candidate with the minimum number of errors in Physics, Mathematics and then Chemistry will be given higher rank.
- Then the total combined marks obtained in Physics and Mathematics in COMEDK UGET 2019 exam.
- Then secured scores in Mathematics section.
Finally, if the tie is still not broken then the candidate who is older in age will be allotted a higher rank
Ques 31. How many rounds of counselling will be held?
Ans 31. Two rounds of counselling will be held for admission by COMEDK.
Ques 32. What are the documents required at the time of COMEDK UGET 2019 Counselling?
Ans 32.Documents Required at the time of Counselling:
- 10th/SSLC Passing Certificate
- 12th/2nd PUC Mark sheet or Passing Certificate
- Printout of the filled Application Form
- Photo ID proof
- COMEDK UGET 2019 TAT Card
- COMEDK UGET 2019 Rank Card
- Demand Draft
- Category Certificate
- NATA Score Card (If Applicable)
Ques 33. Do we need to carry the Aadhar Card during Counselling Procedure?
Ans 33. Aadhar Card or any other government approved photo identity card will work.
Ques 34. What is the procedure to get admission in B.Arch. through COMEDK UGET?
Ans 34. In order to get seat in B.Arch course in COMEDK Counselling you can check the eligibility criteria below
- You should have passed 10+2 with mathematics as a compulsory subject and you should have 50% marks in aggregate in general category and 45% for reserved categories.
- You have to appear for NATA exam and must obtain 80 marks out of 200 marks then you can apply for the application form of counselling.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College