COMEDK UGET 2019 Application Form (Open), Eligibility, Admit Card, Syllabus
COMEDK has been released the official notification for UGET exam. It is state level exam conducted by Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) for admission to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch courses. This year, COMEDK UGET 2019 is scheduled for May 12 in online (computer-based) mode.
Latest: The online application form for UGET/ Uni-GAUGE is available. Apply now!
- Intermediate graduates from all over the country are eligible for the exam. Check COMEDK UGET Eligibility
- Application Fee for the exam is now INR 1300.
- For those who wish to apply for both COMEDK and UniGAUGE, the new fee is INR 2100.
- The exam is expected to be conducted across 300 Exam Centers for engineering programs which offer around 20000 seats.
- As per the test pattern, the CBT will have MCQs in English only. Check COMEDK Exam Pattern
Highlights of COMEDK UGET
|Exam Name||Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known As||COMEDK UGET|
|Conducting Institute||Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)|
|Type of Examination||State Level|
|Category of Examination||Undergraduate Examination|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test|
|Available Seats||20,000 (approx.)|
|Number of Applicants||Around 72,152|
COMEDK UGET 2019 Exam Dates
In the below table, we are providing the official schedule of COMEDK UGET 2019:
|Registration for COMEDK UGET 2019 starts||January 16, 2019|
|Availability of Mock Test||February 5, 2019 – Know more|
|Last date of application form||April 19, 2019|
|Form Correction||April, 20 to 22, 2019|
|COMEDK UGET Hall Ticket||May 03, 2019|
|COMEDK UGET 2019 Examination||May 12, 2019 (From 10 am to 1 pm)|
|Provisional Answer Key||May 16, 2019|
|Release of Final Answer Key||May 24, 2019|
|COMEDK UGET 2019 Result||May 27, 2019|
|Counselling Session of COMEDK UGET||June – July 2019|
COMEDK UGET Eligibility
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill COMEDK Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. If at any point they are found to be ineligible, their candidature will be cancelled with immediate effect.
For B. Tech aspirants
- Those who are appearing/have qualified 10+2 exam with minimum 45% aggregate in PCM and English. (40% for reserved category candidates of Karnataka)
- Should have passed each subject individually.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible for COMEDK since no lateral entry is allowed in the course.
For B. Arch aspirants
COMEDK UGET 2019 Application Form
To apply in engineering programs candidates, have to register. We are providing the steps to fill the application form:
- Visit the official website of COMEDK i.e. comedk.org
- Click on the link and get registered yourself on the website.
- Fill all the details required in the registration/application form along with the valid mobile number and the email ID.
- After successful registration, you will receive a unique email ID and password on your registered mobile number and email Id.
- Login with system generated user ID and password to complete the application process.
- Fill all the details in the application form such as personal, academic, qualification, test centers, and some other necessary details.
- Upload the recent color photograph (30mm x 45mm) in JPEG format with not more than 80kb. The size of the uploaded signature should be (35mm x 80m) with the maximum file size of 80kb.
- Candidates also have to upload the signature of father/guardian and unique Id proof in the same format as given above.
- Proceed to make payment by click on payment gateway mode.
- You can re-login and check your status for the payment.
- Before click on the submit button preview your COMEDK UGET 2019 Application Form by click on “Preview” button and re-verify your application form.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Admit Card
- COMEDK UGET 2019 Admit Card will be provided through online mode ONLY.
- The COMEDK UGET TAT will be available from May 3 – 11, 2019.
- No applicant will be allowed to sit in the examination hall without the admit card.
- The candidates are advised to preserve the TAT until the admissions are confirmed.
- COMEDK UGET Hall Ticket will also be required in the counselling process.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Exam Centers
- COMEDK UGET 2019 will be conducted in around 140 exam cities across India.
- The test cities are allotted to candidates on first come first serve basis.
- A candidate can choose and select 3 cities in order of preference at the time of applying for the exam.
- The option of the city chosen by the candidate cannot be changed subsequently under any circumstance.
- In case of non-availability of slots/centers in a city of your choice at the time of completing your application, you may choose to book a slot in an alternative city from the available list in the Online Application form.
- If for any reason, a test city has to be cancelled or is non-available; applicants who had opted for the cancelled/non-available test city will be allotted a center at another city by COMEDK.
- COMEDK reserves the right to allot any other Exam City other than the preference indicated by the applicant.
- Each city can have one or more centers. The allocation of COMEDK UGET 2019 Exam Centers is done through a computer-assisted randomization/optimization process.
- The allocated center will be communicated on the online test admission ticket (online TAT).
Check COMEDK UGET Exam Centers below:
COMEDK UGET 2019 Exam Pattern
- Medium of Exam: English Only
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark for correct answer
- Negative Marking: no negative marking for wrong or unanswered question
- However, in the event of a tie in the test score the principle of least negative responses (Number of wrong answers) will be adopted. In addition, if required, other methods may be adopted to break ties.
- Total Marks: 180
|Subjects||PCM (B.E)||Date & Time|
|Physics||60 MCQ||From 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM on May 12, 2019|
Read More COMEDK 2019 Exam Pattern
Download Previous Year Question Paper/Sample Papers
COMEDK UGET Syllabus
Students must be aware of the syllabus before they start preparing for the exam. The following tables include the syllabus of 10 + 2 / 12th STD / 2nd PUC (Science Stream).
|General Dimensions||Modern Physics||Electricity and Magnetism|
|Thermal Physics||Mechanics||Centripetal and Centrifugal force|
|Hooke’s Law and Force||Sound and Mechanics Waves||Optics|
|Electricity and Magnetism||Oscillations||Thermal and Chemical effects of Current|
|Mole Concept||Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding||Measurement in Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||Gaseous and Liquid State||Surface Chemistry|
|Solid State||Solutions||Chemical Kinetics|
|Classification of elements & periodicity in properties||P-block elements||Metal and Metallurgy|
|F block elements||Co-ordination Compounds||Basic Concepts|
|Aldehydes and Ketones||Carbohydrates||Carboxylic Acids|
|Nuclear Chemistry||Chemistry in Action||-|
|Circles||Differential Equations||Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Vector algebra||Integral Calculus||Probability|
|Matrices and Determinants||Differential calculus||Number System|
Check Here COMEDK UGET 2019 Syllabus
- The Chemistry section is usually easy. It focuses on basic theoretical concepts so most of the students can glide through it with ease.
- The Physics section was slightly tricky but if you practice enough sample papers, it won’t be too difficult to score well.
- Mathematics was the toughest section in the paper. It is lengthy with time-consuming calculations and thus the most challenging subject in the exam.
- Questions from English were easy and quick to solve.
COMEDK UGET Answer Keys
- The answer key will be published by the exam conducting authority through online mode.
- The authority will release a provisional & final answer key for the candidates.
- The provisional answer key will be posted on May 16, 2019.
- Candidates will be able to submit their objections till May 21, 2019.
- Candidates have to pay INR 500 to challenge the answer key.
- The final answer key will be available on May 24, 2019.
- After a few weeks of the publication of the COMEDK UGET 2019 answer key, the result will be declared.
The exam opens up 29 courses for students who wish to pursue B.Tech. Check out the table for a list of all the courses.
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||Aerospace Engineering|
|Information Science||Bio Medical Engineering|
|Electronics & Communications Engineering||Automobiles Engineering|
|Telecommunication Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|Information Technology and Engineering||Computer Science Engineering|
|Medical Electronics||Construction Tech & Management|
|Mechatronics Engineering||Textile Engineering|
|Manufacturing Science & Engineering||Mining Engineering|
|Industrial Engineering & Management||Mechanical Engineering|
|Ceramic & Cement Technology||Marine Engineering|
|Automation & Robotics Engineering||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
|Biotechnology||Industrial Engineering & Production|
|Civil Engineering||Environmental Engineering|
|Aeronautical Engineering||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
COMEDK UGET Result 2019
- Candidates can check their COMEDK UGET 2019 results on May 27, 2019 in online mode.
- After the result declaration, the merit list will be prepared.
- Candidates will be called for the counselling on the basis of the merit list.
- The conducting authority will also release COMEDK UGET Cut off for engineering & architecture courses after the result declaration.
COMEDK Result will show the following things:
- Application/Registration No.
- Candidate’s photo
- Admit Card/ TAT No.
- Candidate’s contact Details
- Date of Birth
- Stream Chosen
- Unique photo ID Proof details
- Test Score
- Test Rank
COMEDK UGET 2019 Cut off
COMEDK UGET Cut off will be different for various colleges, branch and categories. The cut off list will contain opening rank and closing rank category-wise and branch-wise. Closing rank is the last rank after which admission is closed to the member institutions of COMEDK. The qualifying marks for COMEDK UGET is as follows:
|Other Backward Classes||40%|
Previous Years Cut Off for Top 10 Colleges
Here we are providing the previous year’s cut off for top 10 colleges which accepts COMEDK UGET scores:
|Top Engineering Colleges in Karnataka accepting COMEDK UGET score||2017||2016|
|BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore||10928||13058|
|Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||13683||21514|
|RV College of Engineering, Bangalore||7558||8337|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore||23754||48843|
|Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||51075||54508|
|KLE Technological University, Hubli||46039||47202|
|Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore||31541||53759|
|Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore||53696||51148|
|Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||38491||47630|
|The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore||4587||34361|
A Merit List/Rank List will be prepared by the exam authorities. Those who make it to the Rank List will be eligible for centralized counselling. This merit list will be drawn on the basis of candidate’s performance, exam score, rank and the total number of seats available. Only those students who meet the minimum cutoff will be included in the list. Admission into engineering and architecture colleges will be solely based on this merit list.
Ties in the test scores, if any, will be resolved based on the following order specified:
- The principle of least negative responses (number of wrong answers) in 1) Physics, 2) Mathematics and 3) Chemistry
- Aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics in the Entrance Test
- Marks in Mathematics in the Entrance Test
- Age of the Candidate, the elder candidate is ranked higher than the younger candidate.
COMEDK UGET Counselling 2019
- COMEDK will organize a centralized single window counselling or seat selection process of COMEDK for admission into engineering & architecture courses offered by the affiliated colleges of COMEDK.
- The counselling related information such as counselling schedule or procedure will be published on this page within the prescribed time.
- COMEDK UGET counselling may be started in the 2nd week of June 2019 through offline mode.
- The counselling will be held in two rounds.
- The admission will be done on the basis of a marks score in the examination.
COMEDK (UGET) FAQs
Ques. What is COMEDK UGET 2019?
Ans. COMEDK UGET is a state level exam conducted annually by COMEDK to determine candidates’ merit for admission into UG courses for engineering and architecture in Karnataka.
Ques. Who will conduct COMEDK UGET 2019?
Ans. COMEDK UGET is managed by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental of Karnataka(COMEDK).
Ques. Is COMEDK UGET only for the Karnataka students?
Ans. No, COMEDK UGET is open to all India candidates.
Ques. How is KCET different for COMEDK?
Ans. KCET is the state entrance exam and offers admissions to the Govt colleges and private ones too. COMEDK is the consortium of Medical and Engineering colleges of Karnataka and is for admissions to the courses in the private colleges which participate or are members of the same. Moreover, KCET is for Karnataka students only while COMEDK is open to any student from the country.
Ques. How can I apply for the COMEDK UGET exam?
Ans. You can apply for COMEDK UGET through online mode. Check the application section for more details.
Ques. Can I apply in Medical or Dental College on the basis of COMEDK UGET Score?
Ans. COMEDK only organizes entrance test for engineering and architecture courses. For admission to Medical and Dental Colleges, you will have to apply for NEET 2019.
Ques. Is COMEDK Score valid for admission into Architecture program?
Ans. The admission to the architecture program will be based on NATA Score. However, candidates will have to fill up the COMEDK UGET 2019 Application form.
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility for engineering & Architecture course?
Ans. Candidates have to pass 10+2 or any equivalent examination to be eligible for the exam.
Ques. Is there a separate application form for engineering & architecture course?
Ans. Yes, you have to fill a different application form for engineering & architecture courses.
Ques. When will the application form for COMEDK UGET 2019 be available?
Ans. COMEDK UGET 2019 application form will be available online from January 16 to April 19, 2019.
Ques. Is the registration process for the examination online?
Ans. Yes, COMEDK UGET 2019 Application can be done in the online mode only.
Ques. Are the dates different for COMEDK UGET 2019 online and offline applications?
Ans. COMEDK UGET 2019 Application form will be available only in online mode. There is no offline mode for COMEDK UGET 2019 Application Process. The application form will only be available from January 16 to April 19, 2019.
Ques. I made mistakes in my COMEDK UGET 2019 application form. Will there be correction facility for the application form of COMEDK UGET 2019?
Ans. Ans: COMEDK UGET 2019 application form should be filled in very carefully and all the information must be entered correctly, as COMEDK does not provide any facility for application correction. However, before fee payment and final submission of the application form, you can change the application details and make corrections.
Ques. What is the Application fee for COMEDK UGET 2019?
Ans. The application fee is INR 1200. But if you wish to apply for colleges under ERA Foundation as well, then the fee is INR 2000.
Ques. How can I pay the application fee Online?
Ans. You can use net banking/credit card/debit card of any bank to make the payment.
Ques. When is the slot booking for COMEDK UGET 2019?
Ans. The slot booking (choosing the preference of exam centre city) will be available while filling the application form. It will be available from the second week of February to the third week of April 2019.
Ques. When can we download the admit card of COMEDK UGET 2019?
Ans. You can download COMEDK UGET 2019 Admit Card from May 3 to May 11, 2019.
Ques. What is TAT?
Ans. The COMEDK Admit card is called Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT).
Ques. Is there any use of Admit card after the examination is over?
Ans. Yes, candidates are advised to preserve the TAT till the admission process. COMEDK UGET Admit call will also be required in the counselling process.
Ques. Does COMEDK provide us with Mock Tests?
Ans. Yes, COMEDK will release a Mock Test in the month of February.
Ques. What is the exam pattern of COMEDK UGET 2019?
Ans. The 3 hour exam will be held in online mode on May 13, 2019. The question paper will comprise of 180 Multiple Choice Questions.
Ques. What is the language of the question paper?
Ans. The language of the question paper will be English.
Ques. Does COMEDK have negative marking?
Ans. There will be no negative marking for the incorrect responses.
Ques. What is the syllabus for COMEDK UGET 2019 Examination?
Ans. The syllabus will consist of the 2nd PUC/Class XII syllabus of mainly three subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Ques. Will COMEDK release Answer key after the UGET?
Ans. Yes, COMEDK will release a provisional & final answer key for the candidates. Provisional answer key will be posted on May 17, 2019.
Ques. When will the final answer key be published? Can we challenge the Final Answer key?
Ans. The final answer key will be available on May 25, 2019. The final answer key cannot be challenged.
Ques. When will the COMEDK UGET result 2019 be announced?
Ans. COMEDK UGET 2019 Result will be announced on May 28, 2019 on the official website.
Ques. What is COMEDK UGET 2019 Merit List?
Ans. COMEDK UGET Rank list/Merit list will carry the list of candidates who qualify for participating in counselling and seat allotment.
Ques. Is the result or rank card required for COMEDK UGET counselling?
Ans. Yes, you will need COMEDK UGET 2019 Rank Card during the counselling.
Ques. How is the COMEDK UGET rank decided when two students get the same marks?
Ans. In such a case, tie-breaker or Inter Se Merit will be applied to give ranks to candidates. This means that the ranks of two such candidates will be given in the following order:
- Candidate with the minimum number of errors in Physics, Mathematics and then Chemistry will be given higher rank.
- Then the total combined marks obtained in Physics and Mathematics in COMEDK UGET 2019 exam.
- Then secured scores in Mathematics section.
Finally, if the tie is still not broken then the candidate who is older in age will be allotted a higher rank
Ques. How many rounds of counselling will be held?
Ans. Two rounds of counselling will be held for admission by COMEDK.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of COMEDK UGET 2019 Counselling?
Ans.Documents Required at the time of Counselling:
- 10th/SSLC Passing Certificate
- 12th/2nd PUC Mark sheet or Passing Certificate
- Printout of the filled Application Form
- Photo ID proof
- COMEDK UGET 2019 TAT Card
- COMEDK UGET 2019 Rank Card
- Demand Draft
- Category Certificate
- NATA Score Card (If Applicable)
Ques. Do we need to carry Aadhar Card during Counselling Procedure?
Ans. Aadhar Card or any other government approved photo identity card will work.
Ques. What is the procedure to get admission in B.Arch. through COMEDK UGET?
Ans. In order to get seat in B.Arch course in COMEDK Counselling you can check the eligibility criteria below
- You should have passed 10+2 with mathematics as a compulsory subject and you should have 50% marks in aggregate in general category and 45% for reserved categories.
- You have to appear for NATA exam and must obtain 80 marks out of 200 marks then you can apply for the application form of counselling.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College