School of Engineering and Technology is ranked 5 among Top 5 Private Universities in India and was awarded Best Excellence and Innovation in Engineering (South) by Edtech. SET JU, Bangalore offers degree courses in the discipline of Engineering and Technology.
The Last date to apply for the JET Entrance Exam is April 23, 2020. The exam is scheduled for April 26, 2020. To know more about JET, click here
School of Engineering and Technology Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2005 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Accredited to||NAAC with ‘A’ grade|
National: GATE/ Uni-GUAGE
|Courses Offered | Type||3 | UG and PG|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online | INR 600|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Cognizant, Dunzo, HP, IBM, Infosys|
|Campus Area||350 acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Library, Sports and Games|
School of Engineering and Technology Rankings and Awards
SET-JU Bangalore has been decorated with many awards. Some of them are:
- QS Ranking 91 – 95
- NIRF Ranking 9TH in Karnataka and 115TH in India among 9036 Engineering Colleges.
- A-Grade with CGPA of 3.31 by National Accreditation.
- Jain (Deemed-to-be-University) has ranked #2 under the young Universities category in Karnataka by Ksurf Icare.
- India’s Leading Education magazine knowledge review has been recognized as Jain (Deemed to be University) as India’s 10 best institutions of ‘Biological Sciences’.
- Awarded Graded Autonomy by UGC under the categorization of universities for grant of graded autonomy regulations.
School of Engineering and Technology Courses
SET JU, Bangalore offers UG and PG courses in the discipline of Engineering and Technology. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|B.Tech||Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering - Cellular Technology, Electronics & Communication Engineering - Embedded systems & Industrial IoT, Robotics and Automation, Electrical and Electronics Engineering - IoT energy management, Electrical and Electronics Engineering - Electric mobility & smart systems, Mechanical Engineering - 3D printing, Mechanical Engineering - Mechatronics, Nanotechnology, Automobile Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering - Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Computer Science & Engineering - Robotic Process Automation, Computer Science & Engineering - Cloud Technology and Information Security, Computer Science & Engineering - Cloud Technology and Mobile Application, Computer Science & Engineering (Internet of Things), Computer Science & Engineering (Software Engineering), Computer Science & Engineering (Artificial Intelligence), Computer Science & Engineering (Cyber Security), Computer Science & Engineering (Data Science), Information Science & Engineering|
- Passed 10+2 (HSC) or equivalent with Physics/ Mathematics as compulsory subjects with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks
- Obtained a valid score in JET or Uni-GAUGE
|B.Tech Lateral Entry||Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Cloud Technology & Mobile Application, Cloud Technology & Information Security, Internet of Things, Data Science (Hons.), Artificial Intelligence, Robotics & Automation, Software Engineering, Information Science & Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering||Diploma in a relevant subject with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates)|
|M.Tech||Energy & Environmental Management, Structural Engineering, Construction Technology, Embedded System Technologies, Computer Science and Engineering, Cyber Security, Data Sciences, Artificial Intelligence, Structure and Design and Food Technology
- Graduation in related subject of engineering from a recognized university with minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates)
- Obtained a valid score in GATE/ JET or any other equivalent exam
Check: SET-JU Bangalore Courses and Fees
School of Engineering and Technology Admission
Step 1: New User Registration
- Enter all the relevant details carefully
- An Email will be sent from Jain University to authenticate your Email ID. Kindly authenticate to go ahead for further applying process
- All the communications will be sent to your registered E-mail ID and Mobile Number.
Step 2: Filling the online application form
- Provide all relevant details carefully, before submission
- Academic & Additional Information
- Upload your recent passport size (3.5 x 4.5cm) Colour photograph* (Photo should be in .jpg or .png format and maximum file size allotted in 50 KB).
- Upload your 10th std, 12th std, and all semester mark sheet (Mark sheet should be in .jpg, .png or PDF format and maximum file size allotted is 100 KB).
- An application number will be generated after submission
- Refer your application number for all your future correspondence
Step 3: Mode of Payment
- Online mode through Net banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card. The application fee is INR 600 for General Candidates.
- Coupons can be purchased by cash at Admission Office
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following exams followed by Counselling:
- Jain Entrance Test (JET) - Read more
- Under Graduate Engineering Entrance Test (Uni-GAUGE) - Read more
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) - Read more
- JET is mandatory (OR)
- The score of Uni-Guage is also accepted by the university.
- Request for change of Mobile Number/ E-mail ID/ Correspondence Address will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- At the time of the transaction, if the amount is debited please do not try new applications. Please wait for 24 hours and try for the payment once again in the same registered Email ID
- If the amount is not debited, you can try the payment again.
- There is no Working Professional programs offered Under M.Tech for this academic year.
Check: SET-JU Bangalore Admission
School of Engineering and Technology Placement
SET-JU Bangalore assures its students of 100% placement opportunities and they have successfully been able to keep up with that. SET-JU Bangalore organizes “Education Fairs” and “Job Fairs” with 1000+ job opportunities. School of Engineering and Technology Jain University Bangalore offers career and industry-oriented training programs from the 4th semester onwards to its students. The highest CTC offered amounts to INR 30 LPA. Placement highlights of SET-JU is as follows:
|Name of the Company||Number of Students Placed|
|JK Techno Soft||6|
|Cyraacs Services Pvt Ltd||2|
The following graph depicts the yearwise placement of Students in Engineering and Technology:
The following graph depicts the yearwise salary statistics of B.Tech students:
Check: SET-JU Banglore Placement
School of Engineering and Technology Facility
Library: The library is well stocked with a rich collection of books around 30,000 other than CDs, DVDs and Journals. The library has more than 120 national and international periodicals with internet access.
Seminar Hall: JU-SET has one of the fascinating seminar halls, built-in theatre style. Faculty and students use it for conducting seminars, student club activities and recruitment drives.
Auditorium: The auditorium is well furnished with state-of-the-art facilities to conduct corporate events, seminars, student activities and general announcements.
Cafeteria: The cafeteria is a hub for student activities, both formal and informal. It is a place where students exchange their ideas and strategies for everyday activities/ assignments.
Hostel: The Hostel Facility is available for both male and female students. The Hostel rooms are available on sharing basis as below:
- Boys Hostel: 2 Sharing and 3 Sharing
- Girls Hostel: 2 Sharing, 3 Sharing and 4 Sharing
School of Engineering and Technology Faculty
Given below are the details of the faculty of the institute:
Dr. Adarsha H.
- Designation: Associate Professor and HOD
- Qualification: M.S, Ph.D
- Area of Specialization: Metal Matrix Composites
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualification: M.Sc (Eng.)
- Work Experience: 23 years
Dr. Shweta Gupta
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: Ph.D
- Area of Specialization: Bio-Medical
Hari Krishna Moorthy
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: M.Tech
- Area of Specialization: Applied Electronics
Asha K. S.
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: M.Tech, Ph.D
- Area of Specialization: Digital Electronics
Check: SET-JU Bangalore Faculty
School of Engineering and Technology FAQs
Ques. Does the SET JU, Bangalore provide accommodation facility?
Ans. Yes, JU-SET provides hostel facilities within the Global Campus which is a preferred residential option for the students. There are separate spacious residential facilities for boys and girls that include food, laundry, and recreational facilities. Besides that, hostels also have warden supervision, medical checkups, gymnasium, telephone services and kitchen facilities. For more information, click here
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for international students?
Ans. The eligibility criteria for international students is as follows:
- International Baccalaureate students should get 30 credits to qualify for the course
- Cambridge students must study at A level (advanced level) including Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- NIOS Candidates are eligible to apply
Ques. What is the address and contact number of JU-SET Bangalore?
Ans. The address and contact number of JU-SET Bangalore is as follows:
School of Engineering & Technology,
45th km, NH - 209, Jakkasandra Post,
Bangalore - Kanakapura Main Road,
Ramanagara District - 562 112
Contact No. +91 80275 77200