Sri Ramanujar Engineering College (SREC) was established in the year 2002 under the aegis of Swamy Educational Trust. The college is affiliated to Anna University and approved by AICTE. It offers Bachelor's and Master's degree programs in Engineering. The college is accredited by NAAC and is ISO 9001:2008 certified institution. he institute offers specializations in engineering and management programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The college enrolls 240 students (60 in each department) annually. SREC has signed MoU with various reputed organizations.
The Swamy Educational Trust was founded on 17 August 1992 by Mrs. N. Vallikkannu. The founder of the Trust desired the establishment of the Trust to meet the educational requirement of the public and to serve the cause of rural and community development. It first aimed at giving Technical Education to the rural as well as urban society. With this idea, Madras Industrial Technical Centre AND Srimathi Lakshmiammal Memorial Matriculation Higher Secondary School were started at Chromepet. Later, to introduce advanced technical training and to promote the career of youth, Sri Balaji Polytechnic College and Sri Ramanujar Engineering College were started, which stands as one of the best of its kind in Chennai.
Sri Ramanujar Engineering College Highlights
|Established | Type||2002 | Private|
|Courses Offered||B.E, MBA, M.E|
|Entrance Exams||MAT, TNEA. TANCET|
Sri Ramanujar Engineering College Courses
Sri Ramanujar Engineering College offers several undergraduate and postgraduate level courses under its engineering program. Details for the said courses are as tabulated below:
|B.E||Mechanical Engineering||HSC Examination with a minimum of 50% marks||TNEA|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|MBA||-||The student should have obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Arts/Science/Commerce/Mathematics/Engineering with a minimum score of 50%||MAT/CAT|
|M.E||Mechanical Engineering||Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline||TANCET|
|Electronics and Communication|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
Click here: SREC Courses
Sri Ramanujar Engineering College Cutoff
Tabulated below is the TNEA cutoff for admission to BE at Sri Ramanujar Engineering College:
|BE Mechanical Engineering||40026-48976|
|BE Electronics and Communication Engineering||
Click here: SREC Cutoff
Sri Ramanujar Engineering College Scholarships
- Govt. Scholarships: Govt scholarships are provided as per eligibility
- Management Scholarships: Management scholarships are awarded to those meritorious
students who obtain good grades University exams.
- Socially Backward Students are provided with financial aid by the Govt of India and Govt of Tamil Nadu.
- The college management also offers scholarship to academically bright and financially background students
- In the academic year 2012-2013, nearly 850 students availed these scholarships amounting to few Lakhs
Click here: SREC Scholarship
Sri Ramanujar Engineering College Facilities
- Sports: Students of SREC participate in numerous sports such as Cricket, Basketball, Badminton, Volleyball and football.
- Cultural Activities: Cultural activities like Dance, Drama, and Music are organized in the college
- Symposiums: The college organizes events technical paper presentations and technical quizzes, robotic design competition, system assembly, debugging computer programs, and zap etc.
- Healthcare: Tagore Medical College Hospital nearby for providing all types of emergency medical aids to students and staff.
- ICT- There are 750 computers in the campus with Wi-Fi connectivity. Also, the college has 100 printers
Click here: SREC Hostel