St. Joseph's College of Engineering came into existence with the diverse research and developments of Dr. Jeppiaar who is Founder and Chairman of this prestigious institute. He is a chief educationist, and industrialist, who left an ineradicable mark in the field of legislation under ex-Chief Minister Dr. M.G. Ramachandran's leadership.
- Under the aegis of Jeppiaar educational trust SJCOE was instituted in the year 1994 in accordance with the general policy of government of Tamil Nadu
- The campus of St. Joseph's College of Engineering is located at sub-urban area of Jeppiar Nagar, Chennai which is present in state of Tamil Nadu
- Unique Scheme of scholarships provided by the college acts as an incentive for all the students to improve their performance to get more University Ranks
- The institute is Private-Self Financed and imparts co-ed system and operates under Jeppiaar Educational Trust
- The departments are affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
- Magazine and Newsletter are released with 2 issues of Department magazines every year.
- The college has tied up with corporates such as Infosys, Cognizant, Virtusa & HDFC which conduct joint programs
Funded Research Projects
- Modernization of Internal Combustion Engines Laboratory
- Machining of GFRP Composite
- Modernization of Electrical Machines Laboratory and Allied Laboratories with Latest Equipment’s
- Friction Welding of Dissimilar Metals
College facilitates their students with best placements in reputed firms like Wipro, Infosys, TCS, LPU, Microsoft, Impetus, L&T Infotech etc. The placement process is pre-planned by Training & Placement cell of the institute.
Placement statics of different branches:
- In house competitions are directed every year for painting, collage, drawing, light music, Carnatic music, etc. and also students takes part in competitions conducted by other institutions
- Sports activities: For all indoor games and outdoor games and track and fields are available in the campus.
- Literary activities: This involves students from English club of our college take part in quiz, debates, oratorical competitions and essay writing that are conducted in campus, by other organization and colleges. Students show their keen participation in various State level competitions conducted by various organizations
- Jet Sigma: is technical event organized by college
- Jeppiaar Educational Trust Sports (JETS) & Tamil Nadu Inter Engineering Sports (TIES): These are the Sports event that comprises of competitions in indoor and outdoor games
Our Central Library is extended over 25,000 sq. ft of fully automated building with architectural elevation. It contains
- 39,113 volumes of books (Reference books & Text books)
- Encyclopedia - 5nos (148 volumes)
- Total no.of Journals – 4509
- 1,66,540 Book Bank
- 170 National Journals
- e-journals – 4052
- 3152 Computer Compact Disc
- 207 Video Compact Disc
- 212 Audio Tapes etc.
The College is not only proud on its alumni but also has all-rounder students who are serving to nation at international level such as in sports.
- Hemanth kirulkar of III EIE has won the Silver Medal in the Jr. SAF Games held at Sri Lanka
- Lakshmi of IV M.Sc. Inter Religious Sports Festival 2005
Priya of III BIO TECH has participated in Inter Religious Sports Festival 2003 held South Korea. Won the gold Medal in the Sri Lanka Open invitation Tournament 2003.
Ajay Selva of II MBA
- Participated Chennai Open 2007 & 2008
- Participated: ATP Challenger 2007–Kolkata
P. Karthikeyan of II IT
- Champion : Asian U-20 Chess Championship 2007
- Gold Medal : Common wealth Games 2007 – Delhi
- Silver Medal : Common wealth Games 2008 Nagpur
- Highest among 234 Engineering Colleges in Tamil Nadu. So far, the college has secured Gold & Silver Medals in the University Examinations
- Carreer360 has rating it AAA in 2013 for Top Engineering Colleges
• G. Gayathri of M.Sc. won the 1 gold and 2 silver medals in the Junior Common wealth Games
• D.V. Sneha of Biotech won Bronze medal Inter Religious Sports Festival 2007
• P. Karthikeyan of IT won 1st Prize in the International masters Chess Tournament 2008
• Hemanth kirulkar won the Silver Medal in Jr. SAF Games held at Sri Lanka
• Ajay Selva of MBA won Silver in ITF Men Futures Tournament 2008
• TCS Best Student-Project Award: Under this program gold medal and cash prize of Rs 20,000/- are given to students
• Cash prizes for Gold, Silver and other rank holders
Scholarships are awarded on basis of merit of students
• Students securing above 90% marks is awarded Rs.50,000
• Students securing 89-90% marks is awarded Rs.35,000
• Students securing 86-88% marks is awarded Rs.30,000
• Students securing 83-85% marks is awarded Rs.25,000