St. Joseph College of Engineering, established in 1994, is a private institute located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The college is affiliated to Anna University, approved by AICTE and accredited by NBA and NAAC. St. Joseph College of Engineering provided UG and PG courses across engineering and management streams. At UG level, the institute provides BE/B.Tech and at PG level, it provides ME/M.Tech and MBA. Admissions to all courses are entrance based.
Admissions to UG courses are based on TNEA counselling whereas admissions to PG courses are based on TANCET entrance exam.
St. Joseph College of Engineering, Chennai Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1994 | Private|
|Set by||St. Joseph’s Group of Institutes|
|Affiliated to||Anna University|
|Accreditation||‘A+’ by NAAC; NBA|
|Ranking||160 for Engineering by NIRF 2020|
|Entrance exam||TNEA Counselling; TANCET|
|Courses offered||BE/B.Tech, ME/M.Tech, MBA|
|Top Recruiters||Adobe, PayPal, Amazon, Cognizant, IBM, TCS, Wipro|
|Campus Area||70 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Transport, Gym|
|Official Website||St. Joseph College of Engineering|
St. Joseph College of Engineering, Chennai Ranking/ Achievements
- St. Joseph College of Engineering has been ranked 160 by NIRF 2020 rankings for Engineering.
- It also bagged 1348 university ranks which include 57 Gold and 49 Silver medals since it has started.
- AICTE, MHRD, Government of India awarded St. Joseph’s College of Engineering received the Outstanding Institution Award during the 1st AICTE-ECI Chhatra Vishwakarma Award – 2017.
- Has also been awarded Anna University IPR Excellence Award in 2016 for the years 2010-15.
- The institution is recognized as the best exam preparatory center for conducting Business English Certificate (BEC) examination by Cambridge ESOL for the past five years in India & one among 25 South Asia's Best Preparatory Centers (2016-18).
St. Joseph College of Engineering, Chennai Courses
St. Joseph College of Engineering offers UG and PG courses in the field of Engineering and Management.
|Course||Specializations||Eligibility||Selection Criteria||Sears Intake|
|BE||Computer Science and Engineering||Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary or 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as the core subjects and 75% from recognized Board||TNEA Counselling||180|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||180|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||60|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||180|
|Instrumentation and Control Engineering||30|
|ME||Computer Science and Engineering||Candidates must have passed Graduation in BE/B.Tech with 50% from recognized University||TANCET||18|
|Power Electronics and Drive||18|
|MBA||Marketing||Candidates must have Bachelor's Degree under 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 pattern from a recognized university.||120|
|System and Operations|
|Integrated||Candidate must have passed Higher Secondary or 10+2 Pattern from a recognized board||60|
St. Joseph College of Engineering, Chennai Admissions
St.Joseph’s College of Engineering admission process is based on the TNEA counseling for the UG course and TANCET entrance exam for PG courses. The admission begins with the registration of TNEA counseling if the candidate has a valid JEE- MAIN score.
How to Apply?
- Go to the official website of Anna University and Click on New registration for TNEA 2020.
- Online registration: Fill all the details and click submit.
- Payment: Login to the official website using user ID and password and enter verification code. After logging in the process the payment through payment option and fill payment details.
- The application fee will be INR 500 for general and INR 250 for SC, ST & SCA candidates. Candidates will pay the application fee through credit card, ATM-cum-debit card, and internet banking.
- Personal Detail: After payment of application fees fill out the personal details which include name, father’s name, gender. After filling personal details, submit the application form.
- Now the filled-in TNEA-2020 application form is to be attached with the required documents.
- Now the application form attached with the above documents is to be submitted to the following address either in-person or by post.
The Secretary,Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,Anna University, Chennai – 600025
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Click on New Registration and register by entering required details (Name, Mobile Number, Email ID, Password).
- Click on I agree and then submit.
- After registering login to the TANCET application form
- Carefully fill the required details and upload the required documents.
- Proceed to the payment where you have to pay the application fees through debit card/credit card or net banking
- Application fees are INR 600 for General Category and INR 300 for the reserved category
- Verify the details before submitting the form.
St. Joseph College of Engineering, Chennai Placements
The placement highlights of St. Joseph College of Engineering are as under:
- St. Joseph’s College of Engineering has observed a rise of 50% in the average placement package from 2016 to 2020.
- Total 1703 students were offered placement in St. Joseph’s Group of Institute out of which a total of 1240 students were offered placements from the St. Joseph’s College of Engineering.
- There was a rise of 25% in the total number of participating companies from 204 in 2019 to 256 in 2020. I
- NR 40 LPA was the highest Cost to company CTC was offered by Adobe and the remaining students placed were offered in a range of INR 3 LPA to INR 12 LPA. Thus, the average salary being INR 4.5 LPA.
- Along with the final job placements 46 internship offers were received by the students out of which 38 dream internship offers which provide the salary package of INR 4.5 LPA or above and 8 super dream internships which provide the salary package of INR 10 LPA or above offers were received by the students.
- Japanese Company, DIverta was the only International Company to offer a package of INR 40 LPA.
- Adobe, PayPal, Amazon, Cognizant, IBM, TCS, Wipro, and Infosys were among the top recruiters among the 256 participating.
Read More: St. Joseph College of Engineering Placement
St. Joseph College of Engineering, Chennai Scholarships
St. Joseph’s College of Engineering offers varying Scholarships based upon various criteria. There are different Scholarship Schemes available :
|National Merit Scholarship||Merit Based|
|Govt. of India Scholarship to SC/ST||SC / ST Students|
|State Scholarship for Backward Class||BC Students with parent income upto INR 50,000|
|Scholarship for Most Backward Classes||MBC students|
|Adi – Dravidar Welfare Loan||SC / ST Students|
|Scholarship to children of Defence Services||Children of Defence Personnel Only|
St. Joseph College of Engineering, Chennai Facilities
St. Joseph’s College of Engineering provides its students with a comfortable studying experience and best living experience. The institute has well-equipped laboratories, classrooms, auditoriums, etc. All the classrooms are equipped with LCD to provide the best learning experience to students through audio-video learning. The campus has the following facilities:
- Audio Visual Hall: The colleges have 12 AV halls for conducting seminars and other co-curricular activities and extracurricular activities with a seating capacity of 319 with 4000 Watt Surround Sound System.
- Library: The central Library consists of 48,503 Volumes of the books and 13,974 titles of the books textbooks. The library also contains 6849 reference books and is enriched with encyclopedias. Also has a good collection of 125 Indian Journals and 59 Magazines.
- Book Bank: The book bank consists of a huge amount of books accounting for 1,79,142 books with 13,249 textbooks titles.
- Hostels: The hostel facilities are separate for boys and girls with all the facilities available. Both boys and girls hostels have laundry facilities available, the daily newspaper provided to each room, intercom facilities.
- Transport: The college provides transportation facilities with 75 buses for day-scholar students and staff which covers every corner of Chennai City, Thiruvallur, and Kancheepuram Districts. All the service and fuelling facilities are present inside the campus.
Some additional facilities include Internet, Labs and Workshops, Exam Halls and Controller Office, Indoor Auditorium, Gym, Bank, Dispensaries, Conference Halls, Visitors Lounge, R&D Centre, Placement and Training Centre etc.
Read More: St. Joseph College of Engineering Facilities
St. Joseph College of Engineering, Chennai Faculty
St. Joseph College of Engineering has some of the best faculty. Below mentioned are some of them:
- Dr.B.Babu Manoharan(M.A, MBA, Ph.D): Chairman
- Mrs.S.Jessie Priya(M.Com): Managing Director
- Mr.B.Shashi Sekar(M.Sc in International Business): Director and CEO
- Dr.Vaddi Seshagiri Rao(ME, MBA, Ph.D): Principal
Read More: St. Joseph College of Engineering Faculty
St. Joseph College of Engineering, Chennai FAQs
Ques. What are the Clubs and Societies of St. Joseph College of Engineering?
- Non Formal English Club: It is a club at St. Joseph’s College of Engineering for the students who need guidance and support for achieving fluency in English. It is organized by 2nd and 3rd Year students at the hostel for the 1st year students.
- Eco-soc Club: It is the environmental club with the main objective to spread awareness and concern about economic, social, political and ecological interdependence . It particularly promotes environmentally sustainable, economically efficient and equitably allocated use of water resources.
- English Club: It is a platform for students to learn the language and use of English in a casual setting. It organizes events such as Creative Writing, ShipWreck, Channel Surfacing, Mono-Acting, Stand-up comedy to develop effective communication skills and enhance their knowledge and bring out talents. It grooms students' talents by developing confidence and interpersonal challenges and competitions.
- Google Developers Student Club: This is an initiative by Google in association with 172 universities and colleges for facilitation of innovation and improving technical and business skills among students.
- Mathematics Club: This club focuses to widen the creative thinking of the students. It also incubates arithmetic and logical thinking among the club members.
- Quiz Club: This club focuses on encouraging students to participate in quiz programs to test themselves through competitive spirits.
- Tamil club: This club aims to promote the traditional culture among the students through competitions like Elocution, Poetry, and Creative Writing.
- CTS Student Club: Initiative by Cognizant aims to facilitate innovation and bridge the gap between students and IT by providing them the industrial exposure to make them ready for the industry.
Ques. How is the Hostel facility of St. Joseph College of Engineering?
Ques. How is the Mess facility of St. Joseph College of Engineering ?
How good are placements at St. Joseph College of Engineering?
Ques. What are Rules and Regulations of St. Joseph College of Engineering?