Swami Vivekananda Institute of Science and Technology - [SVIST], Kolkata, West Bengal was established in 2008 and is affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology. The college offers undergraduate courses for B. Tech in various disciplines. The college also offers a two years master degree program for MBA and 3 years Polytechnic diploma under two specializations.
Admission procedure for the following courses is done on the basis of counseling dependent upon the rank secured in West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations WBJEE/ AIEEE. To be eligible for admission to the MBA program, the candidates must qualify for the MAT/CAT, CMAT exam.
The seats are reserved for SC, ST, OBC and physically handicapped candidates in all the courses. Candidates can apply to the institute by filling the application form either online or offline.
SVIST, West Bengal Highlights 2020
|Established | Institute type||2008 I Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education|
|Affiliated By||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Mains, WBJEE, MAT/CAT, CMAT, JEMAT, AIEEE|
|Courses Offered||B.E. / B.Tech , MBA/PGDM|
|Popular Courses||B. Tech under 5 specializations|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Counseling based on WBJEE and CAT Exam|
|Top Recruiters||Infosys, JMC, Rotomac, Kirloskar, BHEL, Ashok Leyland|
|Campus Area||302 decimals|
|Facilities Available||AC Classrooms, Seminar hall, Library, Laboratory, and workshop,|
|Male: Female Ratio||5: 1|
SVIST, West Bengal Courses 2020
The institute offers under-graduate courses in 5 specializations in the domain of Science. Under PG courses, it offers an MBA program and a Polytechnic Diploma. This section will deal with detailed information about these courses:
|Polytechnic Diploma in Computer Science and Technology||Duration: 3 years|
|Polytechnic Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||Duration: 3 Years|
SVIST, West Bengal Admissions 2020
- B.Tech. - Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent with at least 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics in aggregate from a recognized board
- Candidates seeking admission in B. Tech must be a valid rank holder in JEE Mains/WBJEE.
- For B. Tech lateral entry course, candidates must have completed a diploma in engineering with an average of 60% and a valid rank in JELET.
- Candidates applying for MBA must have completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 50% marks from a recognized institute or university.
- Admission to MBA is done based on the merit in the entrance exams such as MAT.
- Polytechnic Diploma- Admission is also merit based.
How to Apply?
Students who wish to apply in Swami Vivekananda Institute of Science and Technology Admission may follow the below steps for the admission process: -
- The admission process for the courses can be done online as well as offline.
- Candidates can download the application form online and submit at the counter after filling.
- Candidates can also receive a copy of admission form from the college and submit at the admission counter.
2019- Round 1
|B. Tech Computer Science and Engineering||19618 - 36480||39768 - 72841||16544 - 20148|
|B. Tech Civil Engineering||29433 - 79026||-||-|
|B. Tech Mechanical Engineering||31098 - 80130||-||-|
|B. Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering||32448 - 79124||-||20517 - 26571|
|B. Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering||39746 - 78246||-||13120 - 23084|
JEE Main Cut-off
2019- Round 1
|B. Tech Computer Science and Engineering||104428 - 159978|
|B. Tech Civil Engineering||114794 - 476641|
|B. Tech Mechanical Engineering||168462-1054590|
|B. Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering||467956 - 944003|
|B. Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering||562299 - 704767|
Check Click here
SVIST, West Bengal Placements 2020
Every year, esteemed companies and commanding companies tour the campus for the recruitment process and the top recruiters are:
|Swami Vivekananda Institute of Science and Technology, Kolkata, West Bengal||Infosys|
|Academic Year||No. of first-year student’s intake in the year||No. of Students Placed||Median Placement offer|
|2018 – 19||390||356||360000 (Three lakh sixty thousand)|
Check Click here
SVIST, West Bengal Facilities
The college provides the following facilities for its students to assist them in their education:
- Campus - The college is located on a broad campus of 302 decimal of land among a silent ambiance most appropriate for higher education.
- Building - The school has open buildings with a complete area of 1,20,000 sq. ft.
- Classrooms - The Institution has 20 completely Air-conditioned, extensive classrooms with a seating limit of 60 students. Rooms are very well furnished, sufficiently bright, and ventilated. Classrooms are outfitted with LCD projector and Microphones for intuitive learning.
- Seminar Hall- 400-Seater fully air-conditioned Seminar Hall with microphones, LCD Projector, and all the technologies.
- Laboratories - Fully stacked laboratories and best in class workshops in all divisions well outfitted with cutting edge innovation.
- Library - Computerized library with Book bank office for the student.
- Reading Room - Reading room alongside a seating capacity of 120 students is accessible.
- Fest - TechFest is the major event of Swami Vivekananda Institute of Science and Technology Facilities college.
SVIST, West Bengal Faculty
The institute has a group of committed, experienced, and exceptionally qualified faculties according to the standards of AICTE and MAKAUT. Other than 84 regular full-time faculties, visiting faculties from J.U, BESU visits the campus to enrich students for all-round progress. The added experience of the employees summarizes to an aggregate of 850 years. Special classes are additionally arranged for GATE, MAT preparation, Soft skills, Business Communication, Personality Development, Mock and Group conversation, and Personal interviews.
Ques. Where is the location of the college?
Ques. What is the fee structure for the Undergrad program?
Ques. How are placements done in SVIST?
Ques. Does SVIST provide accommodation?
Ques. What is the annual fee for an MBA program?