WBJEE 2020 Application Form Correction (Open), Exam Dates, Pattern and Syllabus
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board has begun WBJEE Application Form Correction 2020 on November 14, 2019. The application correction facility will be open till November 16, 2019 at the official website – wbjeeb.nic.in. WBJEE Application Forms 2020 were available from October 18 – November 13, 2019.
WBJEEB will conduct WBJEE to grant admission to students in undergraduate Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy courses offered by colleges in West Bengal. WBJEE 2020 will be held on February 2, 2020.
- WBJEE Exam Pattern consists of two offline Papers – Paper 1 (Mathematics) and Paper 2 (Physics and Chemistry) in two sessions.
- Candidates who appear for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 are awarded General Merit List and will be eligible for Engg, Architecture and Pharmacy programs in all participating colleges.
- Candidates who appear in only Paper 2 are awarded Pharmacy Merit List and will be eligible for only for Pharmacy courses except in Jadavpur University.
- Candidates must have also qualified NATA 2020 or JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 for admission in Architecture programs except in Jadavpur University.
- WBJEE Syllabus includes topics of Mathematics, Physics and chemistry from Class 11 and 12 curriculum.
WBJEE 2020 Highlights
The key points about WBJEE 2020 are highlighted below:
|Name of the Examination||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE)|
|Conducting Body||WBJEE Board (WBJEEB)|
|Date of Examination||February 2, 2020 (Sunday)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture|
|Number of Seats Available||34125|
|Helpdesk||1800 1023 789/ 1800 3450 050|
WBJEE 2020 Exam Calendar
The detailed schedule for WBJEE 2020 has been released on the official portal i.e. wbjeeb.nic.in. The same is tabulated below:
|Release of WBJEE 2020 Official Notification||October 18, 2019|
|WBJEE 2020 Registration Began on||October 18, 2019|
|Last date to fill WBJEE Application Form 2020||November 13, 2019 (Over)|
|WBJEE Application Form Correction Window||November 14 – 16, 2019 (Open)|
|Issue of WBJEE Admit card 2020||January 27, 2020|
|WBJEE 2020 Exam date||February 2, 2020|
|Release of WBJEE Result 2020||June 2020|
|WBJEE Counselling||July 2020|
WBJEE 2020 Exam Schedule
|WBJEE Papers||Exam Timings||Last Entry Time|
|Paper 1 (Mathematics)||11:00 AM to 01.00 PM||10:30 AM|
|Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry)||02:00 PM to 04.00 PM||01:30 PM|
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates must ensure that they fulfil WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2020 before applying for the exam. The eligibility is based on factors such as Nationality, age limit, domicile requirements, qualifications and qualifying marks.
- There is no prior requirement of West Bengal domicile status to apply for WBJEE 2020.
- Candidates only need to produce domicile certificate in order to apply for government participating institutes in case they are claiming reserved category seats.
- Candidate must be citizen of India.
WBJEE Age Limit 2020
- The lower age limit is 17 years as on December 31, 2020.
- There is no upper age limit.
- However, for Marine Engineering course, there is an upper age limit of 25 years.
WBJEE Qualification Requirement
- For Engineering Courses: Candidates must have passed or appearing in class 12 with Physics and Chemistry along with any one of Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application/ Technical Vocational as compulsory subjects.
- For Pharmacy Courses: Candidates must have passed or appearing in class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology as compulsory subjects.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- Candidates must have obtained 45% marks aggregate in the three compulsory subjects.
- For SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B and PwD candidates, this minimum qualifying marks is 40%.
- Candidates must have passed English with at least 30% marks.
- Candidates with non-formal, irregular class mode, non-class room based schooling, open school learning or distance education will not be eligible for admission through WBJEE 2020.
WBJEE 2020 Application Form
WBJEE Application Form was available at the official website from October 18 – November 13, 2019. Candidates fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria can apply for the same in online mode only. Steps to apply for WBJEE 2020 involve:
- Visit wbjeeb.nic.in and click on “Registration for WBJEE 2020 (Last Date – 13.11.2019) ” button.
- Enter your personal details like name, date of birth, mobile number and email ID and submit it.
- You will receive your registration number and password on mobile number and email ID.
- Login again using these credentials and fill WBJEE Application Form 2020.
- Enter your domicile, category, PwD status, home district, family income, nationality, religion, 3 WBJEE Exam centers and other details.
- Candidates have to upload their passport size photo and signature in following format and size:
WBJEE Photo and Signature Guidelines 2020
|Photograph||jpeg/jpg||3 kb to 100 kb||4 cm X 3 cm|
|Signature||jpeg/jpg||3 kb to 30 kb||4 cm X 1.5 cm|
- Now, candidates have to pay WBJEE Application Fees using Netbanking, Debit Card and Credit Card as per their category.
WBJEE Application Fees 2020
|Category||WBJEE Registration Fees|
|General/ EWS||INR 700|
|SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B||INR 500|
- The last step is to download the confirmation page ensuring the application process is completed.
WBJEE Application Form Correction 2020
- WBJEE Application Form Correction window is now open from November 14 – 16, 2019.
- Only candidates who have applied and paid the application fee, can modify/ edit the application form.
- No primary registration data such as name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender and date of birth can be modified.
WBJEE Admit Card 2020
- Successfully registered candidates will be issued WBJEE Admit Card on January 27, 2020.
- WBJEE Hall Ticket will be made available at its official webiste – wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card by logging in with their registration number and password.
- Admit card mentions candidate’s name, exam time and address of the exam centre, photograph & signature and other exam related information.
- Verify the information present on the admit card and report to the concerned authority in case of any discrepancy.
WBJEE Exam Centers 2020
- WBJEE 2020 will be held in 46 zones in West Bengal and in Silchar (Assam) and Agartala (Tripura).
- Candidates have to indicate 3 WBJEE Exam Centers in order of preference in the application form.
- Candidates from West Bengal, Assam and Tripura can select any three zones, however, candidates from other states must select any three zones from Kolkata/ Howrah/ North 24 Parganas/ South 24 Parganas only.
- WBJEEB tries to allocate the zone as per candidate’s preference, however, it reserves the right to allocate any other center as well.
- No requests to change the exam center will be entertained.
- Candidates will have to carry their admit card, an original photo ID proof and passport size photographs.
- WBJEE Examination Zones are mapped below:
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2020
There will be 2 papers in WBJEE 2020 Exam – Paper 1 (Mathematics) and Paper 2 (Physics and Chemistry) combined.
- Candidates who take both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be eligible for admission in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy programs.
- Candidates who take only Paper 2 will be eligible for admission in only pharmacy programs except in Jadavpur University.
- Candidates who take only Paper 1 will not be eligible for admission in any program.
As per WBJEE Exam Pattern, there are 3 categories of questions in each subject:
- Category 1 questions will be of 1 mark and have only one correct option.
- Category 2 questions will be of 2 marks and have only one correct option.
- Category 3 questions will be of 2 marks and have one or more correct options.
The Question Paper will have Multiple Choice Questions with 4 alternatives for each question.
- Mode of Exam: Offline (OMR Based)
- Exam Duration: 2 Hours
- Total Marks: 200 Marks (100+100)
- Total Number of Questions: 155 questions
- Negative Marking: Yes, for category 1 and 2 question, No for Category 3 questions
Subject-wise WBJEE Exam Pattern
|Subjects||Category 1 Questions||Category 2 Questions||Category 3 Questions||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Total||110 Questions||25 Questions||20 Questions||155 Questions||200 Marks|
How is WBJEE Scored?
There are three categories of questions in the exam pattern with varying marking scheme as explained below:
|Categories||No. of correct options||Marks per questions||Negative Marking|
|Category 1||One only||1||–0.25 marks|
|Category 2||One only||2||–0.5 marks|
|Category 3||One or more||2||0 mark|
Important: In category 3, only all correct response will fetch you 2 marks. Any correct or incorrect response will fetch you 0 mark. For partially correct response, marks will be awarded as per the following formula:
2 X (Number of Correct Options Marked ÷ Total Number of Correct Options)
WBJEE Syllabus 2020
The Multiple Choice Questions in WBJEE 2020 will be purely based on syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Class 11 and 12 curriculum. The subject wise important topics of WBJEE Syllabus is mentioned below:
|A.P, G.P, H.P||Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions||Atoms, Molecules, Chemical Arithmetic|
|Complex Numbers||Kinematics||Atomic Structure|
|Polynomial Equations||Law of Motion, Centre of Mass, Friction, Gravitation||Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry|
|Permutation and Combination||Thermodynamics, Viscosity, Kinetics||The PeriodicTable and Chemical Families|
|Principle of Mathematical Induction||Oscillations & Waves||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|Binomial Theorem||Electrostatics||Coordination compounds-|
|Matrices||Current Electricity||Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics|
|Sets, Relations and Mappings||Magnetic Effect of Current||Physical Chemistry,|
|Statistics and Probability||Magnetics||Environmental Chemistry|
|Trigonometry||Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current||Chemistry of Carbon Compounds|
|Coordinate geometry – 2D and 3D||Electromagnetic Waves||Aromatic Compounds|
|Calculus||Optics||Introduction to Bio-molecule|
WBJEE Books 2020
There are plenty of well-known preparatory books for WBJEE 2020 available in the market. However, there is a word of caution for all the aspirants. The syllabus for WBJEE is entirely based on the class 11th and 12th curriculum of West Bengal State Board. Therefore, the textbooks prescribed in the school curriculum should be the primary source of reference and preparation.
However, for aspirants looking to explore other options, some highly recommended WBJEE books are listed below:
|Name of the Book||Publisher|
|WB JEE Chapterwise Explorer Engineering – Physics and Chemistry||MTG Editorial Board|
|WB JEE Chapterwise Explorer Engineering – Mathematics||MTG Editorial Board|
|WB JEE 2020 Solved Papers (2019 – 2012)||Arihant|
|18 Years JEE Main Chapter-Wise Solved Papers (2019 – 2002)||Disha|
Download WBJEE Previous Years’ Papers
WBJEE 2020 Answer Key
- WBJEEB publishes model WBJEE Answer Keys soon after the exam at wbjeeb.nic.in.
- The answer keys are released in form of PDF and will available in online mode only.
- Candidates can download and/ or challenge WBJEE answer keys by logging in with their registration number and password.
- To challenge the answer keys, candidates will have to pay INR 500 per question via netbanking, debit card or credit card.
- Scanned images of WBJEE Response Sheets will also be uploaded at the official website.
- Candidates who are not satisfied with the response captured by the machine can challenge on payment of INR 500 per question via netbanking, debit card or credit card.
- After reviewing the challenges, WBJEEB will release frozen answer keys and decision on response sheets. Their decision will be final and no further communication will be entertained.
WBJEE 2020 Result/ Rank Card
- WBJEE Result will be released in the form of a rank card at wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Candidates can download their result using Application Number and Password.
- WBJEE Rank Cards will contain all relevant ranks, total score and component scores in each paper, qualifying status, etc.
- Every exam taker will be issued rank card but rank will be awarded to only qualified candidates.
- Rank Card must be preserved as it will be required at the time of counselling and admission.
WBJEE Merit List 2020
WBJEEB will release two separate WBJEE Merit Lists based on papers and marks scored by candidates:
General Merit List
- GMR is prepared based on aggregate scores obtained in Paper 1 and Paper 2 together.
- Admission to all Engineering, Technology, Architecture courses and Pharmacy course in Jadavpur University will be done on the basis of General Merit List only.
Pharmacy Merit List
- PMR is prepared based on scores obtained in Paper 2 (Physics and Chemistry) only.
- Admission to all Pharmacy courses except in Jadavpur University will be done on the basis of Pharmacy Merit List.
- Candidates appeared in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be issued both GMR and PMR, candidates appeared in Paper 2 only will be issued PMR only.
- WBJEEB will also release separate reserved category-wise merit position for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD and TFW categories.
- However, counselling, seat allotment and admission will be done on GMR and PMR basis only and not on category ranks.
WBJEE Cutoff 2020
Candidates appearing in both the papers of WBJEE 2020 will secure both GMR and PMR if they obtain marks equal and above WBJEE Cutoff, as decided by the board. While candidates appearing only in Paper 2, will be allotted a PMR rank only.
- WBJEE cut off score/rank would be announced by WBJEE Board after the announcement of result.
- Each participating college of WBJEE will release separate cut off lists for different courses.
The table mentions the expected opening and closing ranks for WBJEE 2020 engineering admission process:
|College Name||Opening rank||Closing rank|
|Bengal Engineering and Technology||832||43037|
|Institute of Engineering and Management||21||3596|
|Kalyani government engineering college||370||2528|
|Heritage Institute of Technology||574||11495|
|Haldia Institute of Technology||481||31721|
|Jalpaiguri Government Engineering college||669||4106|
|RCC Institute of Engineering and Technology||2166||101554|
|Netaji Subhash Engineering college||2082||11987|
WBJEE Counselling 2020
- WBJEE Counselling is conducted in online mode for all the courses
- An additional counselling fee is to be paid to participate in WBJEE Counselling 2020.
- WBJEEB will provide institute-wise and course-wise seat details that are available.
- Provide choice for the college and course from the available list.
- WBJEE Counselling 2020 will comprise 3 rounds of counselling and seat allotment.
- Separate counselling is organized for candidates applying on the basis of WBJEE and JEE Main.
- Candidates also have visited the reporting centre for document verification.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of the Merit List & preference provided by the candidates.
WBJEE Reservation of Seats
- Seats are reserved for stipulated categories as per the norms of the concerned institution or state government of West Bengal.
- These seats are reserved on the basis of a candidate’s category.
- Candidates from SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B / PwD and who are domicile of West Bengal will be eligible for the reserved seats.
- The reservation rules applicable to various WBJEE Participating Colleges are given below:
|Nature of Institute||Reservation Rules|
|State University/ University Departments||Concerned University Act/ Rules|
|Government Colleges||Reservation Rules of Government of West Bengal|
|Private and Self-financed Colleges/ Universities||As notified by concerned Institution Authority|
- Seats are also reserved for PwD Candidates with 40% to 70% in the following categories:
- Locomotor Disability
- Visual Impairment
- Hearing Impairment
- Speech and Language Disability
- In total, 13 seats are reserved for “wards of defence personnel” in the Government Engineering colleges/universities across different branches.
- These candidates need to apply to Rajya Sainik Board, Home Department, Government of West Bengal, Writers’ Buildings, Kolkata – 700001 through their respective Zila Sainik Board, W.B. (for ex-servicemen) and Units (for serving soldiers).
- A maximum of 5% of sanctioned intake is available on “supernumerary basis” under the TFW (Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme) in all the participating colleges/universities as per norms of State Government of West Bengal.
- The total family income per annum should exceed INR 2.5 lakhs and the waiver will be applicable with concern to the tuition fee.
WBJEE Participating Institutes 2020
- The participating institutes are divided into :
- Government Colleges
- Private Colleges (Self-financed)
- Private Universities (Self-financed)
- Minority Institutes
- University/University Department
- For the academic year 2020 – 21, there are approximately 105 WBJEE 2020 Participating Institutes that offer admission to eligible students.
- There are 9 government Colleges, 9 government universities, 82 private and self-financed colleges and 5 private and self-financed universities taking part in WBJEE 2020.
- At the time of WBJEE Counselling 2020, candidates will have to fill choices from the available colleges/courses
- Seat allotment will be based on the student's performance in WBJEE 2020.
State Government Institutions
|College Code||College Name|
|G002||Government College of Engineering and Leather Technology|
|G003||Govt. College of Engg. & Textile Technology, Berhampore|
|G004||Govt. College of Engineering & Ceramic Technology|
|G005||Govt. College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Serampore|
|G006||Institute Of Pharmacy, Jalpaiguri|
|G007||Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College|
|G008||Kalyani Government Engineering College|
|G009||Purulia Government Engineering College, Purulia|
WBJEE 2020 Seat Intake for Engineering
The seats offered to candidates applying for various streams under the Engineering program are mentioned below:
|Agriculture Engineering||21||Power Engineering/ Power Plant Engg||104|
|Apparel Production and Management||36||Food Technology||233|
|Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||1371||Food Engg. & Technology/ Food Technology||36|
|Architecture/ Architectural Engineering||21||Instrumentation and Control Engineering||184|
|Automobile Engineering||11||Polymer Science and Technology||16|
|B. Arch (General)||36||Jute and Fibre Technology||64|
|Biomedical Engineering||92||Leather Technology||33|
|Biotechnology||329||Marine Engineering/ Marine Technology||60|
|Ceramic Technology||42||Mechanical Engineering||5186|
|Chemical Engineering||390||Metallurgical Engineering||36|
|Civil and Environmental Engineering||63||Optics and Optoelectronics||8|
|Civil Engineering||4993||Pharmaceutical Technology/ Pharmacy||1086|
|Construction Engineering||42||Printing Technology/ Printing Engineering||32|
|Dairy Technology||32||Production Engineering||104|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||884||Textile Technology||82|
|Electrical Engineering||5414||Information Technology||3164|
|Electronics and Communication Engg./Electronics and Telecommunication Engg.||6254||Instrumentation Engg./ Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering||176|
|Computer Science and Engg./ Computer Science and Technology||6176||--||-|
WBJEE 2020 FAQs
Ques. What documents are required while filling WBJEE 2020 Application Form? Is it mandatory to upload them?
Ans. Only the scanned images of photograph and signature have to be uploaded. Without them, the application form will not be accepted.
Ques. What is the upper age limit to register for WBJEE 2020?
Ans. There is no upper age limit defined by WBJEEB for appearing in the exam. But, for admission in Marine Engineering course, a candidate must not be below 25 years of age.
Ques. Can I submit my application form offline?
Ans. No, the process of applying for WBJEE 2020 is completely online. But keep the copy of Acknowledgement Form for the future correspondence.
Ques. I have lost my WBJEE Admit Card. How can I participate in online counselling?
Ans. A candidate has to produce original admit card at the time of counselling. Duplicate admit card can be collected by contacting WBJEEB and paying a processing fee of INR 500.
Ques. What is the required date of issue of Domicile Certificate?
Ans. A Domicile Certificate certifies that the candidate resided in West Bengal continuously for the last 10 years as on December 31, 2020. Hence the date of the certificate must be later than December 31, 2020.
Ques. What is the required date of the issue of Income Certificate?
Ans. The Income Certificate certifies the family income of the financial year 2020 – 20. Hence the date of income certificate must be later than March 31, 2020.
Ques. What is the required date of issue of Caste Certificate?
Ans. There is no restriction on the date of issue of caste certificate. But, it should be valid as per the guidelines mentioned under WBJEE Reservation.
Ques. What is the percentage of disability for being eligible in the PwD category?
Ans. The minimum percentage of disability should be 40% and it should not exceed 70%.
Ques. What is “Admin approval required” after re-uploading of photograph and signature for WBJEE Application?
Ans. In case it comes to the notice of the WBJEE Board that the uploaded photograph or the signature is not as per the specified requirement, an SMS is sent to candidate’s registered mobile number. Then they have to re-upload the corrected photo/signature.
This re-uploaded image is then approved by the WBJEE Board, which needs about 3 days of time. Therefore, it shows an alert message as “Admin approval required” during these 3 days.
Ques. What happens if I do not re-upload the correct photograph or signature?
Ans. If a candidate does not re-upload the photo or signature as per the guidelines, the application form is liable to be rejected and the admit card cannot be issued.
Ques. Is there any date limit for taking the photograph?
Ans. No, there is no date limit, but it must be recently taken so that it matches with the candidate’s physical features.
Ques. What do I do if I forget to download or lose the Confirmation Page?
Ans. A duplicate copy of Confirmation Page can be obtained until July 31, 2020. In order to get a duplicate confirmation page, a processing fee of INR 500 has to be paid through a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata.
Ques. What do I do if the Confirmation Page is not generated even if the fee is deducted from my bank account?
Ans. Confirmation Page is automatically generated when the payment is received at Board’s end. If it is not generated, there can be two reasons:
1. Candidate initiates EPG payment but there is a payment failure/break. In such a case, the candidate should try again.
2. Candidate makes a cash payment at the bank, but it is not completed due to link failure. In such a case, the candidate should talk to the bank.
Ques. What should I do if I forget to download the transaction receipt?
Ans. A transaction receipt is generated by the Electronic Payment Gateway (EPG). This receipt is not required by the WBJEE Board. But if there is a payment failure/break at the end of EPG, the candidate may need it to recover their money from the EPG.
Ques. How do I correct the data provided by me during the WBJEE application?
Ans. WBJEE Form Correction window will become functional during November 14 – 16, 2019. Amidst the duration of form correction, the details except for Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth and Gender can be modified.
Ques. What is WBJEE Form Correction Window?
Ans. It is a one-time facility provided by WBJEEB to modify or update the details that may have wrongly entered during WBJEE application process. Check WBJEE Form Correction for more information.
Ques. Where can I get a direction to reach the WBJEE Exam Centre?
Ans. Address and landmark of the centre will be mentioned in the WBJEE Admit Card.
Ques. How many seats are available for JEE Main 2020 candidates?
Ans. 10% of the approved seats in Private & Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges are reserved for candidates taking admission through JEE Main 2020.
Ques. Can I get a duplicate WBJEE Rank Card if the original one is lost?
Ans. Yes, a duplicate rank card can be obtained until July 31, 2020. The card can be obtained by paying a processing fee of INR 500 through a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata. Even after the completion of e-counselling and admission rounds, a rank card is useful therefore it is needed.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College