WBJEE 2019 Application Form (Released), Eligibility, Exam Dates, Syllabus
The official notification and detailed brochure for WBJEE 2019 is released on the official portal (www.wbjeeb.in). The Board has scheduled the Common Entrance Examination for May 26, 2019.
Latest Update:- The last date to register online is January 22, 2019.Apply now!
- Intermediate graduates from all over the country are eligible to appear for WBJEE 2019. Check WBJEE Eligibility
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode (OMR based exam), having objective type of questions. Check WBJEE Exam Pattern
- The results will be released online, and the cut offs will be category specific. Check WBJEE Cut off
Highlights of WBJEE 2019
|Name of Examination||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE)|
|Conducting Body||WBJEE Board (WBJEEB)|
|Date of Examination||May 26, 2019|
|Mode and Type of Exam||Offline | State Level Undergraduate Entrance Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture|
|Helpdesk||1800 1023 789/ 1800 3450 050|
|No. of Seats Available||34125|
Important: 10% engineering seats are also allocated on the basis of JEE Main in Self-Financed Engineering and Technology Colleges. Check JEE Main 2019
- WBJEE is state level entrance test for admitting candidates in B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharma program offered at various Govt. Colleges & Universities and Self-Financed Institutes in West Bengal.
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB), is responsible for managing the entrance test and subsequent admission procedure.
- Minimum eligibility for appearing in WBJEE is passing 10+2 or its equivalent Board in India.
- There is no West Bengal domicile requirement to apply.
- Admission in MBBS and BDS is based on NEET scores and 5-year degree course in Architecture is based on NATA/JEE Main Paper II.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Calendar
The detailed schedule for WBJEE 2019 was released on the official portal i.e. www.wbjeeb.in. The same is tabulated below:
|WBJEE 2019 Official Notification||December 21, 2018|
|WBJEE 2019 Application Form Date||December 26, 2018 – January 22, 2019|
|WBJEE 2019 Form Correction||January 23 – 25, 2019|
|WBJEE Admit card will be available from||May 14, 2019|
|WBJEE 2019 Exam date||May 26, 2019|
|Declaration of WBJEE 2019 Result||July 2, 2019|
WBJEE 2019 Schedule
|Paper||Exam Time||Last Entry Time|
|Paper 1 (Mathematics)||11.00 am to 01.00 pm||10.30 am|
|Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry)||02.00 pm to 04.00 pm||01.30 pm|
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria
There is no prior requirement of West Bengal domicile status to apply for WBJEE 2019. Candidates only need to produce domicile certificate in order to apply for government participating institutes in case of claiming reserved category seats.
- Candidates need to secure a minimum of 45% in 10+2 qualifying examination. The lower age limit is 17 years as on December 31, 2019.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for WBJEE 2019.
- For admission in Marine Engineering Course, the upper age limit is 25 years
- There are certain institutes who have outlined additional criteria for admitting candidates to specific courses.
Course-wise Academic Qualification
Passed the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects.
Passed the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Chemistry along with any one of Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects.
- At least 45% marks in all the 3 subjects. 40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A /OBC-B /PwD.
- Must have passed in English with at least 30% marks.
WBJEE 2019 Application Form
The online registration will begin on December 26, 2018. The official link to register is now activated. Steps to apply for WBJEE 2019 involved:
- Fill WBJEE Application Form
- Upload the Images
- Pay the Fees
- WBJEE Application Form can be completed until January 22, 2019.
- The last date to download the confirmation page is January 25.
- The application fee is INR 500 which can be deposited either by Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Paytm or in cash using Allahabad Bank e-challan.
- The Bank’s Service Charges are also applicable on application fee payment.
Guidelines to Fill WBJEE Online Application
- The application for WBJEE 2019 has to be made online only.
- Valid mobile number and email id is a must. As all the future communications (till admission) will be sent through the registered mobile number and email id.
- Details entered during Registration: Name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Gender, Date of Birth, cannot be modified.
- Scanned copy of photograph and signature has to be uploaded as per the specifications provided by WBJEEB for online application.
- If any candidate receives any SMS/email regarding discrepancy in application form, must take corrective action immediately within one day.
- Do not wait for the last day to make fee payment in order to avoid payment failure by Bank or EPG.
- Confirmation must be preserved carefully as no duplicate copies will be provided later.
WBJEE Application Form Correction
- The Board also provides WBJEE Form Correction facility to make changes.
- Only candidates who had applied and paid the application fee, could modify/edit the changes in application form in form correction window.
- Login with Application Number and Password to access the online application form.
WBJEE Admit Card and Exam Center
- Successfully registered candidates can access their admit card from wbjeeb.in.
- Admit card carries candidate’s name, the location of exam center, photograph & signature and other exam related information.
- Verify the information present on the admit card and report to the concerned authority in case of any discrepancy. Check Contact Details
- Allocation of WBJEE Exam Center is done on the basis of preference provided by the candidate at the time of registration.
- The exam will be conducted in 23 districts of West Bengal and in Silchar (Assam) and Agartala (Tripura). No changes are entertained post submission of form.
- Candidates from West Bengal, Assam and Tripura need to provide options for any three zones in order of preference.
- For other states, candidates need to provide any three choices from Kolkata/ Howrah/ North 24 Parganas/South 24 Parganas.
Following documents have to be carried to the exam center along with WBJEE Admit Card:
- A copy of color photograph as was uploaded during online application.
- Any photo identity card in original such as Aadhaar card/Pan card/Passport/voter card/ class 10th standard admit card/School – ID card.
WBJEE Exam Pattern
There will be 2 papers in WBJEE- Paper 1 (Mathematics) and Paper 2 (Physics and Chemistry). The questions will be based on the syllabus in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) pattern with 4 options against each question.
- Mode of Exam: Offline (OMR Pattern)
- Total Marks: 200 Marks (100+100)
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Total Number of Questions: 155
- Answering Mode: Darkening the appropriate circle in black/blue ball point pen only.
As per WBJEE Exam Pattern, there are 3 categories of questions in each subject, which is mentioned in the table below:
|Subject||Category 1 (1 mark each)||Category 2 (2 marks each)||Category 3 (2 marks each)||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Physics||30 Questions||5 Questions||5 Questions||40||50|
|Chemistry||30 Questions||5 Questions||5 Questions||40||50|
|Mathematics||50 Questions||15 Questions||10 Questions||75||100|
- Mark the answers using only blue or black ball point pen in OMR sheet.
- ¼ of the marks allotted to a question will be deducted as penalty for marking the wrong answer.
- No negative marking on category 3.
WBJEE Marking Scheme
- Only 1 option is correct.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- ¼ marks will be deducted on marking incorrect response.
- Only 1 option is correct.
- Each question carries 2 marks.
- ½ marks will be deducted on marking incorrect response.
- 1 or more options may be correct.
- Only all correct response will fetch 2 marks.
- Combination of correct and incorrect response will be treated incorrect.
- Partially correct answer: total marks = 2 X (no. of correct options/total no. of correct options)
The objective type questions in the entrance exam will be purely based on WBJEE Syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics which is similar to class 12 syllabus. The subject wise important topics of WBJEE Syllabus is mentioned below:
|Algebra||Co-ordinate Geometry of Two Dimensions|
|Trigonometry||Co-ordinate Geometry of Three Dimensions and Calculus|
|Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions||Kinematics|
|Atomic Physics||Laws of Motion|
|Nuclear Physics||Work, Power, Energy|
|Solid state Electronics||Kinetic Theory of Gases|
|Optics (II) Wave Optics||Oscillations & Waves|
|Motion of centre of mass, connected systems, Friction||Electrostatics|
|Bulk properties of matter||Magnetic Effect of Current|
|Heat & Thermal Physics||Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current|
|Optics I (Ray optics)||Particle Nature of Light & Wave-particle Dualism|
|Atoms, Molecules & Chemical Arithmetic||Coordination Compounds|
|Atomic Structure||Chemistry of Metals|
|Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry||Chemical Energetic and Chemical Dynamics|
|The Periodic Table and Chemical Families||Physical Chemistry of Solutions|
|Environmental Chemistry||Chemistry in Industry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||-|
Recommended Books for WBJEE 2019
There are plenty of well-known refresher books for WBJEE available in the market. However, there is a word of caution for all the aspirants. The syllabus for WBJEE is entirely based on the class 11th and 12th curriculum of West Bengal State Board. Therefore, the textbooks prescribed in the school curriculum are primary source of reference and preparation.
However, for aspirants looking to explore other options, some highly recommended reference books are provided below.
|WB JEE Chapterwise Explorer Engineering - Mathematics||MTG Editorial Board||9387351203|
|WB JEE Chapterwise Explorer Engineering - Physics and Chemistry||MTG Editorial Board||938735119X|
|WB JEE Engineering Solved Paper 2019||Arihant Experts||9312140590|
|WB JEE Engineering Entrance Solved Papers (2015-2006) & 5 Practice Sets||Arihant Experts||9352510232|
Download WBJEE Previous Year Papers
WBJEE 2019 Answer Key
Candidates can download model WBJEE answer key from the wbjeeb.nic.in. The link for answer keys is available at the website.
- WBJEE Answer Key is released in the form of PDF.
- In case, candidates are not satisfied with the responses indicated in the answer key, they can submit challenge against any answer/key.
- An additional fee of INR 500/- has to be submitted via net banking/debit card/credit card or through Allahabad bank challan.
- The challenge fee is non-refundable.
- WBJEE board will also issue image/replica of candidates’ OMR Sheet response captured by the machine.
Candidates can avail the image of OMR sheets and Answer Keys after the announcement of result by making an additional payment of INR 500/-. The additional fee has to be deposited via demand draft issued in favor of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board”, payable at Kolkata for each document. These documents will be sent to candidates’ registered email ID.
WBJEE 2019 Result
The result is announced in the form of rank card. Candidates can view result using Application Number and Password. WBJEE Rank Cards will contain information about GMT and PMR ranks, total score and component scores in each paper, qualifying status, etc.
- Merit List will be prepared on the basis of performance in WBJEE 2019
- GMR (General Merit List) – Used for admission to Engineering/Architecture courses and Pharmacy course in Jadavpur University.
- PMR (Pharmacy Merit List) – Used for admission to all Pharmacy courses except in Jadavpur University.
- Rank Card must be produced at the time of counselling and seat allotment process.
- Rank cards are issued for everyone with scores, but ranks are not awarded for all candidates.
- Board will issue the cut off score/rank for candidates shortlisted to take part in counselling.
WBJEE Cut off 2019
Candidates appearing in both the papers of WBJEE 2019 will secure both GMR and PMR if they obtain marks equal and above the WBJEE cut off, as decided by the board. While candidates appearing only in Paper 2, will be allotted a PMR rank only.
- WBJEE cut off score/rank would be announced by WBJEE Board after announcement of result.
- Each participating college of WBJEE will release separate cut off lists for different courses.
The table mentions the expected opening and closing ranks for WBJEE 2019 engineering admission process:
|College Name||Opening rank||Closing rank|
|Bengal Engineering and Technology||832||43037|
|Institute of Engineering and Management||21||3596|
|Kalyani government engineering college||370||2528|
|Heritage Institute of Technology||574||11495|
|Haldia Institute of Technology||481||31721|
|Jalpaiguri Government Engineering college||669||4106|
|RCC Institute of Engineering and Technology||2166||101554|
|Netaji Subhash Engineering college||2082||11987|
WBJEE Counselling 2019
- The counselling is conducted in online mode for all the courses
- WBJEE counselling is expected to commence in the last week of June 2019.
- An additional counselling fee is to be paid to participate in WBJEE Counselling 2019.
- WBJEEB will provide institute-wise and course-wise seat details that are available.
- Provide choice for the college and course from the available list.
- WBJEE Counselling 2019 will comprise 3 rounds of counselling and seat allotment.
- Separate counselling is organized for candidates applying on the basis of WBJEE and JEE Main.
- Candidates also have visit the reporting center for document verification.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of the Merit List & preference provided by the candidates.
WBJEE Reservation of Seats
- Seats are reserved for stipulated categories as per the norms of concerned institution or state government of West Bengal.
- These seats are reserved on the basis of a candidate’s category.
- Candidates from SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B / PwD and who are a domicile of West Bengal will be eligible for the reserved seats.
- The reservation rules applicable to various WBJEE Participating Colleges are given below:
|Nature of Institute||Reservation Rules|
|State University/ University Departments||Concerned University Act/ Rules|
|Government Colleges||Reservation Rules of Government of West Bengal|
|Private and Self-financed Colleges/ Universities||As notified by concerned Institution Authority|
- Seats are also reserved for PwD Candidates with 40% to 70% in the following categories:
- Locomotor Disability
- Visual Impairment
- Hearing Impairment
- Speech and Language Disability
- In total, 13 seats are reserved for “wards of defence personnel” in the Government Engineering colleges/universities across different branches.
- These candidates need to apply to Rajya Sainik Board, Home Department, Government of West Bengal, Writers’ Buildings, Kolkata – 700001 through their respective Zila Sainik Board, W.B. (for ex-servicemen) and Units (for serving soldiers).
- A maximum of 5% of sanctioned intake is available on “supernumerary basis” under the TFW (Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme) in all the participating colleges/universities as per norms of State Government of West Bengal.
- The total family income per annum should exceed INR 2.5 lakhs and the waiver will be applicable with concern to tuition fee.
WBJEE Participating Institutes 2019
- The participating institutes are divided into :
- Government Colleges
- Private Colleges (Self-financed)
- Private Universities (Self-financed)
- Minority Institutes
- University/University Department
- For the academic year 2019 – 20, there are approximately 105 WBJEE 2019 Participating Institutes that offer admission to eligible students.
- There are 9 government Colleges, 9 government universities, 82 private and self-financed colleges and 5 private and self-financed universities taking part in WBJEE 2019.
- At the time of WBJEE Counselling 2019, candidates will have to fill choices from the available colleges/courses
- Seat allotment will be based on the student's performance in WBJEE 2019.
State Government Institutions
|College Code||College Name|
|G002||Government College of Engineering and Leather Technology|
|G003||Govt. College of Engg. & Textile Technology, Berhampore|
|G004||Govt. College of Engineering & Ceramic Technology|
|G005||Govt. College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Serampore|
|G006||Institute Of Pharmacy, Jalpaiguri|
|G007||Jalpaiguri Goverment Engineering College|
|G008||Kalyani Goverment Engineering College|
|G009||Purulia Government Engineering College, Purulia|
WBJEE 2019 Seat Intake for Engineering
The seats offered to candidates applying for various streams under the Engineering program are mentioned below:
|Agriculture Engineering||21||Power Engineering/ Power Plant Engg||104|
|Apparel Production and Management||36||Food Technology||233|
|Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||1371||Food Engg. & Technology/ Food Technology||36|
|Architecture/ Architectural Engineering||21||Instrumentation and Control Engineering||184|
|Automobile Engineering||11||Polymer Science and Technology||16|
|B. Arch (General)||36||Jute and Fibre Technology||64|
|Biomedical Engineering||92||Leather Technology||33|
|Biotechnology||329||Marine Engineering/ Marine Technology||60|
|Ceramic Technology||42||Mechanical Engineering||5186|
|Chemical Engineering||390||Metallurgical Engineering||36|
|Civil and Environmental Engineering||63||Optics and Optoelectronics||8|
|Civil Engineering||4993||Pharmaceutical Technology/ Pharmacy||1086|
|Construction Engineering||42||Printing Technology/ Printing Engineering||32|
|Dairy Technology||32||Production Engineering||104|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||884||Textile Technology||82|
|Electrical Engineering||5414||Information Technology||3164|
|Electronics and Communication Engg./Electronics and Telecommunication Engg.||6254||Instrumentation Engg./ Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering||176|
|Computer Science and Engg./ Computer Science and Technology||6176||--||-|
WBJEE 2018 Exam Review
As per the general consensus among students and experts, the overall difficulty level of exam was easy to moderate. WBJEE was held in two shifts – Morning (Paper I) and Afternoon (Paper II). Mathematics (Paper I) was quite lengthy as per students. Physics and Chemistry (paper II) were on the easier side barring a few sections. Kinematics from Physics and Inorganic Chemistry in the Chemistry had a few tricky questions.
Check Out WBJEE 2018 Sectional Analysis
The exam had three distinct categories of questions, each with their own marking scheme. Nearly 1.25 lakh examinees appeared for WBJEE on April 22. The official answer key by WBJEE Board will be published in the first week of May - 2018. However, some prominent coaching institutes in West Bengal have published their own version of WBJEE Answer Key. The links are provided in the table below for candidates to download the answer key and make a calculated guess of their expected scores.
|Coaching Institute||Physics & Chemistry||Mathematics|
|Adamas||Click Here||Click Here|
|Pathfinder||Click Here||Click Here|
|MYWBUT||Set B||Set B|
|Resonance||Set A | Set B | Set C | Set D||Set A | Set B | Set C | Set D|
WBJEE 2019 FAQs
Ques. What documents are required while filling WBJEE 2019 Application Form? Is it mandatory to upload them?
Ans. Only the scanned images of photograph and signature have to be uploaded. Without them, the application form will not be accepted.
Ques. What is the upper age limit to register for WBJEE 2019?
Ans. There is no upper age limit defined by WBJEEB for appearing in the exam. But, for admission in Marine Engineering course, a candidate must not be below 25 years of age.
Ques. Can I submit my application form offline?
Ans. No, the process of applying for WBJEE 2019 is completely online. But keep the copy of Acknowledgement Form for the future correspondence.
Ques. I have lost my WBJEE Admit Card. How can I participate in online counselling?
Ans. Ans. A candidate has to produce original admit card at the time of counselling. Duplicate admit card can be collected by contacting WBJEEB and paying a processing fee of INR 500.
Ques. What is the required date of issue of Domicile Certificate?
Ans. A Domicile Certificate certifies that the candidate resided in West Bengal continuously for last 10 years as on December 31, 2019. Hence the date of certificate must be later than December 31, 2019.
Ques. What is the required date of issue of Income Certificate?
Ans. The Income Certificate certifies the family income of the financial year 2019 – 20. Hence the date of income certificate must be later than March 31, 2019.
Ques. What is the required date of issue of Caste Certificate?
Ans. There is no restriction on date of issue of caste certificate. But, it should be valid as per the guidelines mentioned under WBJEE Reservation.
Ques. What is the percentage of disability for being eligible in PwD category?
Ans. The minimum percentage of disability should be 40% and it should not exceed 70%.
Ques. What is “Admin approval required” after re-uploading of photograph and signature for WBJEE Application?
Ans. In case it comes to the notice of the WBJEE Board that the uploaded photograph or the signature is not as per the specified requirement, a SMS is sent to candidate’s registered mobile number. Then they have to re-upload the corrected photo/signature.
This re-uploaded image is then approved by the WBJEE Board, which needs about 3 days of time. Therefore, it shows an alert message as “Admin approval required” during these 3 days.
Ques. What happens if I do not re-upload the correct photograph or signature?
Ans. If a candidate does not re-upload the photo or signature as per the guidelines, the application form is liable to be rejected and the admit card cannot be issued.
Ques. Is there any date limit for taking the photograph?
Ans. No, there is no date limit, but it must be recently taken so that it matches with the candidate’s physical features.
Ques. What do I do if I forget to download or lose the Confirmation Page?
Ans. A duplicate copy of Confirmation Page can be obtained until July 31, 2019. In order to get a duplicate confirmation page, a processing fee of INR 500 has to be paid through a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata.
Ques. What do I do if the Confirmation Page is not generated even if the fee is deducted from my bank account?
Ans. Confirmation Page is automatically generated when the payment is received at Board’s end. If it is not generated, there can be two reasons:
1. Candidate initiates EPG payment but there is a payment failure/break. In such case, the candidate should try again.
2. Candidate makes a cash payment at the bank, but it is not completed due to link failure. In such case, the candidate should talk to the bank.
Ques. What should I do if I forget to download the transaction receipt?
Ans. A transaction receipt is generated by the Electronic Payment Gateway (EPG). This receipt is not required by the WBJEE Board. But if there is a payment failure/break at the end of EPG, the candidate may need it to recover their money from the EPG.
Ques. How do I correct the data provided by me during WBJEE application?
Ans. WBJEE Form Correction window will become functional during January 26 – 28, 2019. Amidst the duration of form correction, the details except for Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth and Gender can be modified.
Ques. What is WBJEE Form Correction Window?
Ans. It is a one-time facility provided by WBJEEB to modify or update the details that may have wrongly entered during WBJEE application process. Check WBJEE Form Correction for more information.
Ques. Where can I get a direction to reach the WBJEE Exam Centre?
Ans. Address and landmark of the centre will be mentioned in the WBJEE Admit Card.
Ques. How many seats are available for JEE Main 2019 candidates?
Ans. 10% of the approved seats in Private & Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges are reserved for candidates taking admission through JEE Main 2019.
Ques. Can I get a duplicate WBJEE Rank Card if the original one is lost?
Ans. Yes, a duplicate rank card can be obtained until July 31, 2019. The card can be obtained by paying a processing fee of INR 500 through a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata. Even after the completion of e-counselling and admission rounds, a rank card is useful therefore it is needed.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College