Updated On - December 15th 2018
Tamil Nadu College of Engineering Coimbatore Admission 2019: Cut Off, Scholarship
Established in 1984, Tamilnadu College of Engineering (TCE) is a prestigious self-financed engineering institute which is located in Coimbatore, Chennai. Currently affiliated to Anna University, Tamilnadu College of Engineering offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the fields of engineering and management including BE in several specializations.
- B.E. candidates need to qualify 10+2 in science stream with PCM as compulsory subjects.
- M.E. candidates must possess undergraduate degree in the relevant or allied discipline.
- MCA and MBA candidates can have a graduate degree in any discipline.
- Candidates seeking admission to BE programs can apply through TNEA only.
- Candidates applying for M.E., MBA and MCA program are selected through TANCET score and their respective counselling.
- M.E. candidates are also selected on the basis of GATE score.
- B.E. candidates are selected through TNEA single window counselling.
- ME candidates can apply through TANCET counselling. A valid GATE score may also be preferred for M.E. admissions.
- MBA and MCA candidates can apply through TANCET and its respective counselling.
- Application forms for can be filled and submitted online through the respective application portals.
- Payment of fees can be made via credit/debit card or net-banking.
- Management Quota candidates are selected through CET conducted by Association of Self-financed colleges.
- Reservation is provided as per norms set by the Government of India and Tamil Nadu State Government.
|Name of the University||Tamil Nadu College of Engineering|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Counselling|
|Name of the Entrance||TANCET |
Tamil Nadu College of Engineering Important Dates 2019
|Entrance Name||Application Start Date||Application End Date||Exam Date|
|GATE||September 05, 2019||October 09, 2019||February 03, 04, 10 and 11, 2019|
|TANCET||April 02, 2019||-||May 19-20, 2019|
|TNEA||May 3, 2019||june 2, 2019|| |
Tamil Nadu College of Engineering UG Admission 2019
Tamil Nadu College of Engineering offers full-time engineering degree programs in eight disciplines in multiple specializations including Automobile Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology. Candidates seeking admission must have passed 10+2 in science stream.
- Admission to the UG programs is subject to merit and rank secured in Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions(TNEA) counselling.
- Applicants are also required to obtain at least 50% aggregate in case of general candidates and 40% for SC/ST at 10+2 level.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|B. E.||Automobile Engineering||10+2 in science stream with 50% average marks in PCM||TNEA / CET conducted by Association of Self Financing Colleges|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.|
|Instrumentation & Control Engg.|
Candidates aspiring for admission can apply for TNEA through both online and offline mode. Payment of the requisite fees can be paid online or via demand draft.
- Management Quota candidates are selected through CET conducted by Association of Self-Financed Colleges.
- Selection of candidates will be based on the marks obtained in the prescribed subjects reduced to 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100 in the qualifying examination)
- The minimum required percentile for reserved categories is 45% for OBC & minority caste, 40% for SC/ST candidates.
Tamil Nadu College of Engineering PG Admissions 2019
The institute offers M.E. courses in two disciplines, viz. Computer Science & Engineering and Structural Engineering, in addition to a MBA and MCA program. Tamil Nadu College of Engineering offers various PG level courses on the basis of marks obtained in graduation, number of attempts in last qualifying exam etc. Candidates who have appeared for GATE/TANCET are eligible to apply for admission through counselling.
- All shortlisted applicants are required to attend the counselling session before the final merit list is declared.
- The minimum required eligibility criterion for admission to PG courses is Bachelors’ degree in the relevant stream.
- For entry to ME programs, the applicant should possess a BE or B.Tech degree in the relevant discipline.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|M. E.||Computer Sc. & Engineering||B.E. / B. Tech with minimum 50% marks||GATE/ TANCET|
|MBA||Business Management||Graduation with 50% marks|
Application forms can be filled through both offline and online mode. Application fee can be paid via debit/ credit card, net-banking or through a demand draft.
- M.Sc. (10+2+3+3 pattern) candidates are eligible for admission to certain courses offered under ME program.
- For MCA candidates, Mathematics / Statistics at 10+2 and graduation level is a must.
- Candidates without a valid TANCET score are required to take the consortium level CET for their respective courses.
Tamil Nadu College of Engineering Application Process 2019
For BE/ B.Tech programs:
Candidates applying for UG courses offered by TNCE are required to apply through TNEA counselling. The process of application is as follows:
- Candidate must register for TNEA by providing his/her personal details.
- Once the registration is successful, the candidate can proceed to fill the online application form.
- Payment of TNEA application fee (INR 500 for general candidates and INR 250 for reserved category) can be done online.
- A printout of the completed application form should be taken for future correspondence.
- A copy of the printed application from, accompanied by photocopies of educational documents, must be submitted to “Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025”.
The following documents will have to be submitted along with TNEA 2107 application form:
- Original Special Reservation Form with DD
- HSC/Equivalent Mark Sheet
- 10th Mark Sheet
- HSC Hall Ticket
- Transfer Certificate
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate.
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC & BCM.
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration (if applicable)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee Certificate (if applicable)
For ME, MBA and MCA programs:
For M.E., MBA and MCA courses, candidate should apply through TANCET counselling. The process of application for TANCET is as follows:
- Candidate can apply for TANCET by registering through the official website.
- Both online and offline modes of application are offered by TANCET.
- Candidates applying are required to send a copy of the complete application form and photocopies of all relevant documents to “The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai”
- In the event of offline fee submission, a demand draft of INR 500 (INR 250 for reserved category) is to be enclosed with the application form.
- X Std. Mark sheet
- XII Std. Mark sheet or Diploma (3 years) Certificate
- Qualifying degree Certificate
- Provisional Certificate
- Mark sheet Of all semesters or consolidated mark sheet
- TANCET Call Letter
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last studied
- Valid GATE score card for (Engineering/Technology) category
- Valid GATE score card and TANCET Hall Ticket for GATE (Engineering Science XE/Life Science XL) category
- TANCET Hall Ticket, TANCET Mark Sheet
- Permanent Community Certificate in card or in electronic form for BC / BCM, MBC / DNC & SC / SCA / ST contenders of Tamil Nadu
- Certificate from District Medical Board for Differently Able candidates (if Applicable)
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/ digitally signed e-Certificate. (if Applicable)
- Copy of identification certificate obtained from the Head Quarters Tahsildar or Visa, Passport and letter registered in Police Station (For Srilankan Refugee candidates)
- Experience Certificate (if applicable)
Reservation is offered as per norms set by Government of India. Tamil Nadu candidates are given first preference than other state candidates. Also, candidates who have appeared for GATE are allowed more seats compared to candidates who have appeared for TANCET.
Tamil Nadu College of Engineering Scholarships 2019
The following scholarships are awarded to deserving and meritorious students based on parent’s annual income category-wise:
|BC/MBC/DNC||Annual Income <= 2 lacks||District Backward Classes Welfare|
|BCM-Muslim||Annual Income <= 2 lacks||Minority Scholarship|
|SC/ST/SCA||Annual Income <= 2.5 lacks||Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare|
|FGG||---||First Gen. Graduate Scholarship|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College