Thangavelu Engineering College was established in the year 1995 by Ponniamman Educational Trust and the TJ Educational Trust with the objective of producing high-quality Engineers and Technocrats. The rapid progress made by our country in the field of Science and Technology has given rise to phenomenal demand for qualified engineers in all areas and to cope with the demand there has been a surge in institutions offering engineering education.
The campus with well-built classrooms, fully equipped laboratories, workshops, a modern computer center, and a well-stocked library can be compared to the best available elsewhere. The College is situated in Karapakkam, 10 km away from Tambaram and 1 km from Sholinganallur, off the Old Mahabalipuram Road (IT Highway) and is well connected by road. The college is approved by All India Council for Technical Education AICTE, New Delhi, Affiliated to Anna University Chennai, and an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institution.
Thangavelu Engineering College Highlights
|Established | Type ||1995 | Private|
|Approved By||UGC, AICTE|
|Popular Courses ||UG, PG |
|Entrance Test||TNEA, TANCET|
Thangavelu Engineering College Courses
Thangavelu Engineering College offers several undergraduate and postgraduate programs under its engineering department. Details for the same are as follows:
|B.E||Civil Engineering||Passed 10+2 in PCM with 50% marks||TNEA 2020|
|Computer Science Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|B.Tech||Information Technology||Passed 10+2 in PCM with 50% marks||TNEA 2020|
|M.E||CAD/CAM||BE or B. Tech Degree in relevant discipline||Marks obtained in TANCET 2020|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|MCA||Computer Applications||Graduation with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC, ST candidates) with Mathematics as a compulsory subject||Marks obtained in TANCET 2020|
|MBA||Human Resources Management||Must be a graduate in any discipline.||Marks obtained in TANCET 2020|
Click here: Thangavelu Engineering College Courses
Thangavelu Engineering College Cutoff
Mentioned below is the previous TNEA cutoff for admission to BE at Thangavelu Engineering College:
|Program ||Cutoff (Opening and Closing)|
Click here: Thangavelu Engineering College Cutoff
Thangavelu Engineering College Facilities
Being a reputed engineering institute, Thangavelu Engineering College offers its students several provisions and facilities on campus. Some of these are as follows:
- Labs and Classrooms: There are 11 fully equipped labs and 10 workshops that facilitate a better understanding and quality of learning
- Hostel: There are boys and girls hostels that offer comfortable accommodation to residing students. All necessary facilities for recreation, food and internet are available.
- Sports: The institute has several sports grounds and facilities for Cricket, Football, Tennis, Volleyball, Athletics, etc
- Health Care: The institute has a dedicated health center with qualified staff and medical facilities required by students, staff and faculty.
- Other: The library has over 28,000 books in 5800 titles
- Transport: The college has 18 buses in total that are available as the conveyance facility of the college.
Click here: Thangavelu Engineering College Hostel