The Oxford College of Engineering, Bengaluru was established in 1974 and is an engineering institute that provides several courses at the U.G., P.G., and Doctorate level to eligible candidates. The college comes under the Visvesvaraya Technological University and is affiliated with the AICTE. Furthermore, the Government of Karnataka recognizes the college as an educational body of significance situated in the state. Admission to all the programs offered is made purely based on merit and depends on the candidate's score in various entrance examinations.
Set in a sprawling campus of 6.25 acres, the college provides all the necessary infrastructural and quality education facilities. The placement and training cell of the college is also very determined and students are recruited in various top companies like Infosys, Wipro, PayPal, Tech Mahindra, Amazon, etc.
The Oxford College of Engineering Bengaluru Highlights
Tabulated below are some of the admission highlights of this institute along with other useful facts about the same:
|Name of the College||The Oxford Engineering College|
|Established I Type||1974 I Private|
|Courses Offered||BE, B.Arch, MBA, M.Tech & MCA|
|Accepted Entrances||KCET, JEE Main, NATA, GATE, CAT, KMAT, Karnataka PGCET|
|Selection Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Campus area||6.25 acres|
|Top recruiters||Infosys, Wipro, PayPal, Tech Mahindra, Amazon|
The Oxford College of Engineering Bengaluru Ranking
Listed below are some of the rankings and stats related to the college:
- The institute was recently ranked in the 251-300 band in the NIRF Rankings 2020 under the Colleges of India category.
- The college is one of the finest engineering institutions in the state of Karnataka.
The Oxford College of Engineering Bengaluru Courses
The institute offers several engineering, architecture as well as MBA programs at the U.G., P.G. and Doctorate level. Admission to these courses is made purely based on merit and depends on the candidate's score in specific entrance exams.
Tabulated below are all the courses offered and their details:
|Course Name||Specialization||Duration||Basic Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|B.E.||Automobile||Four years||Candidates need to pass their 10+2 examinations with a minimum of 45%||JEE-MAIN or KCET|
|Electronics and Communication|
|Electrical and Electronics|
|B.Arch||-||Five Years||Candidates need to have a minimum of 50 % marks in all subjects of PUC with Mathematics as an optional paper.||NATA|
|M.Tech||Automotive Engineering||Two Years||Candidates need to have a BE/B.Tech degree in the relevant field with a minimum of 50% marks.||GATE or Karnataka PGCET|
|Digital Electronics and Communication|
|Digital Communication and Networking|
|VLSI and Embedded Systems Design|
|Thermal Power Engineering|
|MBA||-||Two Years||Candidates need to have a Bachelor's degree in any field from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.||KMAT or CAT|
|MCA||Computer Applications||Three Years||Candidates must have a bachelor's degree or any equivalent degree in any of the relevant fields from any recognized institution with a minimum of 50% marks||Karnataka PGCET|
|Computer Applications with Lateral Entry||Two Years|
|PhD||Biotechnology||Three Years||Candidates need to have a masters or post-graduation degree in the relevant field||Purely Merit Based|
|Electrical and Electronics|
|Electronics and Communication|
Read more: Courses & Fees
The Oxford College of Engineering Bengaluru Admissions 2020
The application procedure for the Oxford Engineering College is done entirely online. Candidates need to fill an application form with the required details as mentioned in the instructions.
- The candidates first need to go to the official website of the college, the link to which has been given above.
- Next, the candidates need to select the application form that is available online.
- After that, the candidates need to duly fill the application form of the course they have chosen to apply.
- The candidates then need to fill in their personal details, the course details, the contact details, and their educational details.
- Next, the candidates need to pay the fee online through the various modes of payment available.
- Finally, they need to click on the submit button and take a print out of the application form along with the receipt they have got.
- Candidate's Passport-sized photograph
- Scanned copy of the candidate's signature
- Candidate's Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Candidate's Class 12th Mark Sheet
- Candidate's Graduation Mark Sheet (For applying for the Post Graduate Courses)
- Caste Certificate of the candidate
- P.H. Certificate
Read more: Admission 2020 Details
The Oxford College of Engineering Bengaluru Placements
The college is known for its excellent placement cell, which provides training and mentorship to all of its students to increase their chances of getting placed. At present, the college boasts of having a 95% placement record. The placement cell plays the following roles:
- Students are advised to enroll for certification programs to make their placement phase easier.
- The placement cell also guides those students who want to opt for higher studies.
- Campus Placements are held at the college all through the year to ensure that the maximum number of students get placed.
- The college also has a tie-up with several soft skill development companies that aid in the student's placement journey.
The major recruiters of the college are:
- Just Dial
- ICICI Prudential
- Axis Bank
Read more: Placement Details
The Oxford College of Engineering Bengaluru Scholarships
The institute does not offer any scholarships to its students as such, but eligible candidates can apply for various scholarships under the schemes of the Government of India.
Read more: Scholarship Details
The Oxford College of Engineering Bengaluru Facilities
The college offers all the modern facilities in its campus. Given below are some of the many facilities provided by this institute for its students:
- Learning Center
- The institute has a fully equipped auditorium with a capacity of 600 students.
- Three Seminar Halls.
- Sports complex
- Excellent Placement Cell
- Group insurance for students & staff
- R.O. Drinking-Water Facility
- Food court
- Health Centre
- Sewage Treatment Plant (2 Lac Lts )
- Rainwater Harvesting
- Solar Power
- Centralized Air conditioning
- Round the Clock Security
- Campus Management System
- Oxford Metro Station in front of college
- Digital Payment Initiation
The Oxford College of Engineering Bengaluru Faculty
The Oxford College of Engineering has a great team of faculty members who are highly qualified in their respective subjects of study. At present there are around 250 permanent faculty members and they all have a rich experience in the teaching sector. The student to faculty ratio is 1:16 and helps the teacher to focus on each student individually too. The principal of the college Dr. A.S. Aravind has dedicated his life to providing quality education. The college has faculty on various posts such as head of Department, professors, assistant professors, including the Director and Chairman of the college.
Read more: Faculty Details
The Oxford College of Engineering Bengaluru FAQs
Ques. What fests are organized by the college?
Ques. How good is the infrastructure at The Oxford College of Engineering, Bengaluru?
Ques. How active is the NSS cell of the college?
Ques. By scoring how many marks can a student get into BE Biotechnology?
Ques. Is there any significant place located near the college as a mark of identification?